• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I graduated with my BS back in June. I started in a graduate program earlier this month. So technically I'm an alumni and still a student at the same time.

Also, I've applied for six jobs already. Instead of being told "no" outright, they just haven't even gotten back to me about my application. *sigh* Ain't that just rude?

Ah, I see. Well, at least you've started a graduate program. Then again, oh god, those tuition costs.

I've applied to a million by now, though I also started job hunting at the beginning of this year. But yeah, these hiring managers seem to like to leave you hanging than outright refuse your applications. :/

Welcome back

Thanks. o/

et tu, brute?

Then fall Caesar.

Ah, I see. Well, at least you've started a graduate program. Then again, oh god, those tuition costs.

I've applied to a million by now, though I also started job hunting at the beginning of this year. But yeah, these hiring managers seem to like to leave you hanging than outright refuse your applications. :/

Honestly, I'm not bitter about my applications being ignored. What makes me feel really bitter about the whole thing is the fact that I haven't really done much of anything with my life despite the effort I'm putting in, yet people I know are in much better situations than I am. All over the net I'm seeing my friends post things like:

"I got a job!"

"I got an internship!"

"I got engaged!"

"I got married!"

"I had a baby!"

Meanwhile, the fact that I actually left my apartment today on my own volition is, in my opinion, a monumental accomplishment.

Honestly, I'm not bitter about my applications being ignored. What makes me feel really bitter about the whole thing is the fact that I haven't really done much of anything with my life despite the effort I'm putting in, yet people I know are in much better situations than I am. All over the net I'm seeing my friends post things like:

"I got a job!"

"I got an internship!"

"I got engaged!"

"I got married!"

"I had a baby!"

Meanwhile, the fact that I actually left my apartment today on my own volition is, in my opinion, a monumental accomplishment.

Getting into graduate school is a pretty damn good accomplishment. At least imo. It might be the same school, but still. But, I do understand how you feel about all that. Unfortunately. It depresses me, but eh, what can we do really. It's their life and your life is yours, I guess.

What do you mean leave, as in taking a stroll or whatever? But eh, everyone has their own goals and whatnot.

Getting into graduate school is a pretty damn good accomplishment. At least imo. It might be the same school, but still. But, I do understand how you feel about all that. Unfortunately. It depresses me, but eh, what can we do really. It's their life and your life is yours, I guess.

What do you mean leave, as in taking a stroll or whatever? But eh, everyone has their own goals and whatnot.

Usually if I can't find a reason to go out that isn't class, then I won't go out at all. Yet with homework and job hunts bogging me down, why do I even need to leave when I've got all this shit that needs to be done? Well, I'm not really sure how to accurately describe it, but that's how I've felt for the past week.

Edited by Karas-Z

Null sweat.

How are you?

Well, I'm doing better now after the internet returned. Not entirely sure why, since I have my phone and all, but eh, the conveniences of the internet and all. How are you / your day today? :o (Or technically yesterday for you?)

Usually if I can't find a reason to go out that isn't class, then I won't go out at all. Yet with homework and job hunts bogging me down, why do I even need to leave when I've got all this shit that needs to be done? Well, I'm not really sure how to accurately describe it, but that's how I've felt for the past week.

Ah, I see. Well, that's kinda understandable imo. I probably would do the same as you, but uh, I'm way more introverted and shy so. So I dunno, it seems kinda fine too and I can see why it made a big deal for you to step out of your apartment today. I think it's fine, even if it's not like other people's achievements.

Well, I'm doing better now after the internet returned. Not entirely sure why, since I have my phone and all, but eh, the conveniences of the internet and all. How are you / your day today? :o (Or technically yesterday for you?)

Because for internets; PC/laptop > phone, always. I'm glad to hear you're doing better.

I'm quite all right actually, even though I must resume our official occupation of job hunting now. /late

Because for internets; PC/laptop > phone, always. I'm glad to hear you're doing better.

I'm quite all right actually, even though I must resume our official occupation of job hunting now. /late

That's true, with good reasoning, haha. But yeah. I also started rereading my Holmes book.

Well, that's always good that you're all right now. Job hunting is always such a bore, but we must do it. (It's okay, never late, just early.)

Also, caught this as I was about to head to bed/sleep after leaving some questions for Crizix.

That's true, with good reasoning, haha. But yeah. I also started rereading my Holmes book.

Well, that's always good that you're all right now. Job hunting is always such a bore, but we must do it. (It's okay, never late, just early.)

Also, caught this as I was about to head to bed/sleep after leaving some questions for Crizix.

Very good, at least you won't be bored for a while.

Thanks. And a bit annoying at times, but I agree, we must. (I actually forgot that lmao)

See you later when you see this

Edited by Soledai

reminds me of that comic book Shade the Changing Man

were he's like, from this realm were everyone is insane and one of the punishments there is to exile people by sending them through this dimension that makes them more insane. the main character however was completely sane compared to everyone else, and b/c insanity is the norm, him being sane was considered insane. so they sent him through that dimension, but he turned out ok b/c he was sane enough to survive