• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Is it? Well, I chose Lu Meng last stage... maybe I'll do it again for this one.

It does somewhat make sense from a story perspective. Still befuddles me a bit.

Lu Meng, for all and intents and purposes, is the most fitting for this place, so yeah.

EDIT: Even if Lu Xun plays a bit better

Edited by Soledai

I've seen that piece of fanart before esme.

Shoutout to having a better bloodborne theme than me :/

Also, Kos Parasite is broken.

Whaaaat

You actually have a sig though

I LOVE THE PARASITE SO MUCH YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND

WELL MAYBE YOU DO, BUT THAT DOESN'T CHANGE HOW MUCH I LOVE THAT WEAPON

it has literally overthrown the stake driver as my favorite weapon

Put the original piece of fanart as your sig.

My favorite weapon still has to be the burial blade though.

Favorite dlc one is either the rakuyo (which is so broken and fun) or the parasite.

Turning into a cosmic horror is way more fun than turning into a dog, lol.

Oh, yeah, I could that. Actually, I think I'll try and find some more art of CROWSTEEL and crop that instead. Aw, yeah!

Burial Blade is awesome, yes. This game really made a kickass scythe that's totally viable and not shit like its sister series. I'm hoping DaSIII is continuing this trend of awesome scythe weapons.

Recently, I made a SKL-quality build for the Church Pick, Rakuyo, and other SKL-based weapons. Rakuyo gives "spin2win" a whole new meaning. I really do like that thing. It eats stamina like a goddamn beast, though.

And, yes, alium is way more fun than beast mode. I'm actually disappointed at how mediocre beast mode turned out to be. Can you believe the built-in roar can be parried? It's pretty dumb. Also, the R1s are slower and don't even get a damage boost to make up for it. I don't the two-hit running attacks and the crazy jumping attack are worth those downsides.

I had used the scythe in my first completed run of dark souls 1 (rip difficulty), and it was sort of enh I guess design wise.

But god, burial blade has made me want to see scythes in all sorts of games! Seriously, it be so cool to start seeing rpgs get more creative with weapons like bloodborne.

And yeah, I love spamming the L2 on rakuyo.

I've been having trouble with my builds though. I've gone through the dlc around twice now, and I could never get full results out of my weapons. I had too much bloodtinge when I used the rakuyo, too much points in strength when I used the Kos parasite, and now I'm too spread out in my stats in this build to use anything besides the moonlight greatsword. (and I've never been one for greatswords).

I agree. I think I'm gonna have a hard time actually getting back into the Souls games because I absolutely love the idea of trick weapons. They're so goddamn cool.

This is what mutliple characters are for. I have four of them: SKL-based Quality, STR-Based Quality, Pure ARC and a new Quality/BLT one. The key to knowing how to get the most damage out of your weapons while also not overleveling is by memorizing the stat caps. It's actually pretty easy.

All stats have a "softcap" of 25. A softcap is basically the point where you start getting slightly less of a bonus when leveling a stat.

All stats also have a point where diminishing returns kick in. After this point, there is no reason to further level the stat. The exception to this is ARC.

Elemental damage for weapons, which scale off of ARC and are affected by the ARC stat, stops at 50 just like every other stat. However, arcane "tools" such as the Blacksky Eye and A Call Beyond continue scaling up to 70, and even then they still get good bonuses if one chooses to level ARC all the way to 99.

So, basically, you just have to do some research on the weapons you want to use and build accordingly. Going through the game over and over might be a pain, but it's worth having character variety in my opinion.

Anyway, you might already know this, but a weapon like the Rakuyo is pure SKL. Therefore, you'll want to build towards something like 50 SKL + whatever other stats you want. That thing eats up stamina, so having a decent amount of END wouldn't hurt.

Lastly, because a lot of people seem to fall for this, don't consider END a necessary stat. The stamina cost for actions in Bloodborne are so low. A lot of my characters actually have ZERO stamina investment. I can work with that because of the Anti-Clockwise runes. They really help and, to be honest, they kinda make END even less of an important stat to consider raising. Again, this doesn't mean you shouldn't raise it all, it's just that not all weapons really need it. Keeping END reasonably low will give you a little extra room for more stats when you make a build.

i said mc and makoto, not io ]:

I told you I don't support that ship. This is my otp. SO TOO BAD FOR YOU.

Also, go to bed, Kieran. B)

I saaaaaw.

Hey Shirley, how's you?

Yaaaay.

I'm alright, though tired. My right shoulder blade hurts from yesterday's massage. But how are you yourself tonight?