• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Oh yikes... That's disheartening, do you like being a tutor otherwise?

Aside from the schedule, I like the job quite a lot. It's really rewarding when you explain something to a student and you see the light bulb going on in their eyes. Hearing that a student went from barely passing to having the highest grade in is class is also, a reward in itself. And my coworkers and boss are also pretty cool, so I'm pretty happy with it overall. (Waking up at 7AM on the week-end to take the bus can be quite a pain, but I'll endure it for the job)

Aside from the schedule, I like the job quite a lot. It's really rewarding when you explain something to a student and you see the light bulb going on in their eyes. Hearing that a student went from barely passing to having the highest grade in is class is also, a reward in itself. And my coworkers and boss are also pretty cool, so I'm pretty happy with it overall. (Waking up at 7AM on the week-end to take the bus can be quite a pain, but I'll endure it for the job)

Thats awesome you enjoy it, we need more people like you. I was a TA back in Highschool for history, but thats about all my personal experience in the field.

If I had your job I'd be yelling and calling so many people dumb lol

I'd be fired in 3 days

Amazing:

[spoiler=some Kingdom Hearts spoilers]

KINGDOM HEARTS 1

Nomura: thank you so much for meeting me, I know how valuable your time is

Disney lawyers: the pleasure’s all ours, sir. you said you had a business proposal about how to profitably combine some of our intellectual properties with your Final Fantasy series?

Nomura: yes [pulls out laptop] ok so I wrote this crossover fic

CHAIN OF MEMORIES

Nomura: okay team that first game was pretty good but we’re gonna have to step it up. how about we make like, a card-based battle system in this one?

Staff: sir is that a yugioh card falling out of your sleeve

Nomura: also for the storyline I want to introduce a bunch of new characters who are all plotting amongst each other for mysterious reasons and then have them all die violent deaths

Staff: sir have you been reading Game of Thrones

Staff: sir

KINGDOM HEARTS 2

Nomura: ok let’s do everything we did in the first game but EVEN MORE BETTER

Staff: sir are you sure you sent this through QC? the plot is kind of…I mean the tutorial mode stars a different character and is 3 hours long?

Nomura: also use the triangle button a lot, that one’s my fave

Staff: this doesn’t really wrap up the story very well?

Nomura: triangle button

358/2 DAYS

Nomura: look it’s really not THAT weird

Staff: sir we’re just not sure you can make a game about existential angst that ends with a child goading her best friend into assisting with her suicide? we’re working with disney here

Nomura: legal said it was ok as long as I never do it again

BIRTH BY SLEEP

Staff: sir I thought you said we couldn’t make any more games about dead children

Nomura: none of them die. one becomes a comatose vegetable, one is damned to wander hell for eternity, and one is possessed by a sociopath and loses his mind

Staff: how did you—

Nomura: none of them die, legal couldn’t touch it

RE:CODED

Nomura: remake the cell phone thing as a game

Staff: what? why? I thought we were supposed to—

Nomura: [scribbling furiously] make the phone game. stall for time. I am Planning

DREAM DROP DISTANCE

Nomura: [sets posterboard down] and THAT’S the whole plot so far

Staff: but that doesn’t even…make any…oh god. Oh god. there are hints about these things in the past FOUR games. how many drugs are you on??

Nomura: yes

Thats awesome you enjoy it, we need more people like you. I was a TA back in Highschool for history, but thats about all my personal experience in the field.

Well, I consider myself lucky that I found a job that I find so rewarding mainly by accident. I never had professional teaching experience prior to getting the job, though I did help some friends and family members throughout the years and enjoyed it, which is what made me apply for the job. I have no background in education as well, only having a bachelor's in biology, but now, I'm considering to complete a formation in education so that I can become a full time teacher.

It's kind of funny when I think about it. I dreaded oral presentation in school, but I'm now considering making it my job. (but my dad was the same and he was still very happy as a teacher. And I do become a teacher, I will be doing the same job as my grand-father and father before me, though in a different subject)

If I had your job I'd be yelling and calling so many people dumb lol

I'd be fired in 3 days

Patience is thankfully one of my virtues

I have to thank my chronically late friend for that.

I remember calling her at the time we were supposed to meet only to have her parents tell me she was still sleeping.

Amazing:

[spoiler=some Kingdom Hearts spoilers]

Oh my god

Yeah.

And the it's true that the negative outweigh the possible positives. Even with the good salary, the fact that I can have 14 students one week and 3 the following one makes it so that it's not a reliable source of income.

without how often you say the drop it sound more like 14 kids one day, 7 the next day

Oh my god

without how often you say the drop it sound more like 14 kids one day, 7 the next day

I never have 14 students in one day lol

Considering the shortest sessions I have are one hour long, I'd work 14 hours a day.

My fullest week days sometime have 4 students, but some days all 4 can cancel for various reasons

Patience is thankfully one of my virtues

I have to thank my chronically late friend for that.

I remember calling her at the time we were supposed to meet only to have her parents tell me she was still sleeping.

people being late never improved my patience and I'm usually late as well. I mean, everyone and everything in brazil is always late, and I mean literally. I think they're different types of patience.

i died at the fic implications

I never have 14 students in one day lol

Considering the shortest sessions I have are one hour long, I'd work 14 hours a day.

My fullest week days sometime have 4 students, but some days all 4 can cancel for various reasons

not literally you bum

i mean in as an example on how unpredictable the schedule can change according to you

how good is the pay btw?

not literally you bum

i mean in as an example on how unpredictable the schedule can change according to you

how good is the pay btw?

20$/hr which is quite good since if I had a regular full time work schedule, I would get around 650$ a week.

20$/hr which is quite good since if I had a regular full time work schedule, I would get around 650$ a week.

Thats good

Damn good actually

wow

do they come to you or do you need to make visits?

It really is, so even with the unpredictability, it's a decent source of income.

supply and demand... Not many people want to tutor kids but plenty of kids need tutoring... right?

i love you daniel

there are so many people named daniel here now that I never know when it's me

Thats good

Damn good actually

wow

do they come to you or do you need to make visits?

The company I work for has locals for tutors, but they also have tutors that go to student's house. Due to me not having a car, I only work at the actual building, but that's fine by me since I have access to a whiteboard and some manuals and past exams to help me help the student.

Oh my god

"how many drugs are you on"

"yes"

"also for the storyline I want to introduce a bunch of new characters who are all plotting amongst each other for mysterious reasons and then have them all die violent deaths"

"sir have you been reading Game of Thrones

sir"

HI kim

supply and demand... Not many people want to tutor kids but plenty of kids need tutoring... right?

there are so many people named daniel here now that I never know when it's me

tru

oh yeah hi kim

Edited by Knight of Argentum