• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Well, every person is different. Their range of stuff that could be classified as engaging is bound to vary. And then there's the fact that said range is not static.

But then again, living itself isn't exactly mandatory to make what's dull and what's engaging to really matter, and yet...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Suppose you could get bored of finding new things to do and experience.

I find that hard to imagine though, I do not think the human lifespan is a long enough time frame for it to become unbearable, for most people.

It depends on the person. Most people would not choose to kill for fun, even though it's an option. After a certain point you run out of options you can live with, or just plain options that make you happy. It can drive some to commit suicide because their interests don't jive with this world. I used to suffer from bouts of anhedonia (periods where nothing gives you pleasure). Probably the worst thing a person can experience. If I had done drugs during that I'd probably be an addict right now.

I think people would want to live longer if they could keep being younger. I'm pretty sure most people would rather have a long life anyway, even if it means turning physically old. I bet almost everyone would want to live until they were like 300 if they could keep a youthful body, for example.

had that same period

literally nothing worse to feel in life

don't know how i got out of it, but i did end up finding things i enjoy now.

perseverance i guess

I think people would want to live longer if they could keep being younger. I'm pretty sure most people would rather have a long life anyway, even if it means turning physically old. I bet almost everyone would want to live until they were like 300 if they could keep a youthful body, for example.

Same here tbh

if the option to be immortal was there, most people would prefer to be in their prime and not really old and looking like you could snap if the wind blows too strong

Edited by Trisitei

Natural selection enforces a trade in rate of consumption or reproduction. With our current mindsets, it might be the people from colonies who did not desire long life who would ultimately survive.

Edited by Makaze

[11:21:53 PM] Asuka Fujimoto: Vincent would deck me if I used Sanae
[11:22:09 PM] Asuka Fujimoto: So I'm using the superior boat waifu Suzuya
[11:22:11 PM] Tristian S.: the enemy is at JUNGLE
[11:22:23 PM] Asuka Fujimoto: pls
[11:22:32 PM] Vincent ZM: A boat ain't superior to a human being
[11:22:42 PM] Vincent ZM: who's half-goddess I might add
[11:22:54 PM] Asuka Fujimoto: listen man it's a magical boat
[11:23:20 PM] Tristian S.: Teki wa JUNGLE ni ari
[11:23:30 PM] Asuka Fujimoto: TRISTIAN STOP
[11:23:43 PM] Asuka Fujimoto: will literally end you
[11:23:50 PM] Tristian S.: 8^]
[11:23:55 PM] Asuka Fujimoto: Vincent is Mitsuhide yes, but we don't drag it out too much
[11:24:22 PM] Asuka Fujimoto: he burned me alive in a temple in my past life
[11:24:26 PM] Asuka Fujimoto: and ever since then
[11:24:38 PM] Asuka Fujimoto: The Dai Rouken Maou that lives within me
[11:24:48 PM] Tristian S.: settle down there
[11:24:51 PM] Asuka Fujimoto: thirsts for revenge and justice
[11:24:56 PM] Asuka Fujimoto: for it is i
[11:25:53 PM] Asuka Fujimoto: Alicia Masae Rhasphody, reincarnation of Oda Nobunaga, Devil King of the sixth heaven
[11:26:04 PM] *** Tristian S. bonks ***
[11:26:10 PM] Tristian S.: settle down, friend
[11:26:11 PM] Asuka Fujimoto: and i will exact my vengeance at last, and return the Oda clan to-
[11:26:14 PM] Tristian S.: want a snickers?
[11:26:21 PM] *** Asuka Fujimoto turns into a moe blob and cries ***

bruh

it's beautiful, you can't deny