Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

You should be able to tell from these last two pages.

Actually, upon further analysis, it might actually be both...

Oh my, you should slow down the Mortal Kombat then.

Guess I'll try posting this again because now I'm actually really curious what people think of the review style I did here

They were good, especially with explaining what you liked and why you liked it without too little detail or going overboard.

Your TT, specifically, was good, but I feel like season 5 was a bit verbose. I liked the lengths of seasons 2-4, considering your opener was pretty big.

YJ, to me, had a nicer descriptive touch, though I thought season 1 was a bit wordy in some areas.

The tone is, well I don't want to say "darker" or "edgier" than other DC cartoons because that implies something like Batman TAS or Batman Beyond which is inaccurate. Basically this show is generally lighthearted and fun, just probably aimed at a slightly older audience, doesn't really dumb down things, and can do stuff older cartoons probably wouldn't get away with.

You could probably shorten this by saying something like "The tone isn't too dark(Or isn't like Batman TAS/BB dark), it still carries an overall lightheartedness and manages to get away with a few things that older cartoons couldn't"

Or something.

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Young Justice spoilers

i mean you cant make much light outside of the fact that one of their members died onscreen

and without the hopes of another season, he might stay that way

but i more blame DC wanting Barry to be the flash again and not Wally

/conspiracies

Thanks for the critique Soledai. Yeah, "a bit too wordy" is probably the most consistent problem for me. I usually don't write often enough to focus on improving that kind of stuff, but who knows, maybe I'll write more reviews in the future.

And wow those typos I missed, oops.

Young Justice spoilers

i mean you cant make much light outside of the fact that one of their members died onscreen

and without the hopes of another season, he might stay that way

but i more blame DC wanting Barry to be the flash again and not Wally

/conspiracies

Not gonna lie I'm not quite sure what you mean here

well unless you're a super powerless parent or uncle there's no way you're staying dead

ok since someone is taking a break in this game, imma see this post

Guess I'll try posting this again because now I'm actually really curious what people think of the review style I did here

i mostly agree on the words on TT

there was just a nice air about the shows starting seasons with my favorite arcs being of Slade, and Trigun and least fave being of the whole Brother blood

just doesn't hold up with me well

and i was a bit miffed about how newer titans only got a minute or an episode of screen time. idk, in hindsight i wanted to see what kind of dynamic characters from the comics like Jericho could have brought on the table, but whatcha gonna do

YJ though, i was hyped for this show and i felt the major pain whenever there was any sort of delay or so and the cancellation still hurts to this day

the development for all the characters and the general art style was always my favorite part of the show

even though to be really honest, i really disliked whenever they brought up the relationship stuff during the show, nothing bored me more then whenever Wally and Artemis ate up screen time just to develop their relationship

Not gonna lie I'm not quite sure what you mean here

well unless you're a super powerless parent or uncle there's no way you're staying dead

even though the show isnt much darker and not much lighter in tone, there's still not much of a way that you can't think anything but dark near the end when one of the main stays of the cast died on screen

knowing how DC is trying to pretend Wally doesnt exist, imma just see this as an excuse to make sure Barry stays the flash <.<

Edited by Trisitei

ok since someone is taking a break in this game, imma see this post

i mostly agree on the words on TT

there was just a nice air about the shows starting seasons with my favorite arcs being of Slade, and Trigun and least fave being of the whole Brother blood

just doesn't hold up with me well

and i was a bit miffed about how newer titans only got a minute or an episode of screen time. idk, in hindsight i wanted to see what kind of dynamic characters from the comics like Jericho could have brought on the table, but whatcha gonna do

YJ though, i was hyped for this show and i felt the major pain whenever there was any sort of delay or so and the cancellation still hurts to this day

the development for all the characters and the general art style was always my favorite part of the show

even though to be really honest, i really disliked whenever they brought up the relationship stuff during the show, nothing bored me more then whenever Wally and Artemis ate up screen time just to develop their relationship

even though the show isnt much darker and not much lighter in tone, there's still not much of a way that you can't think anything but dark near the end when one of the main stays of the cast died on screen

knowing how DC is trying to pretend Wally doesnt exist, imma just see this as an excuse to make sure Barry stays the flash <.<

Yeah you'd think Jericho would have more to do and the sad thing is he actually does compared to the other new titans. Out of curiosity what did you think of the ending?

I can see where you're coming from about the relationship stuff, but one who's watched Arrow season 3 can appreciate how Young Justice did it.

I'm just really miffed at all the loose ends that will probably never get closure. Aside from the obvious cliff-hanger, there's also Impulse's future. The last time it's shown the future ultimately doesn't change when it should've immediately changed as soon as Impulse went to the past if he was successful, which was pointed out. Was the bad future averted when the Reach were defeated at the end? Or is it inevitable since it wasn't actually shown that it was prevented? More dark stuff to end on I guess.

Edited by DavidSW

i think the ending was ok

the actual climactic battle was pretty ok for the show to end on

as a little kid then i was all giddy from all the titans together but now i see it as a bit of overkill seeing them as one big group, maybe just have like five or so join up

ohhhhhh man

that's a scary thought right there thinking on something that'll make YJs screen time eating relationships look good in comparison

All these loose ends are more reasons why the pain of this show getting cancelled will never leave

so much left to tie up so much left of the world to show and develop and more characterization to have

and all of that and mroe will never happen, thanks CN.

dicks >_>

Well I was referring to the final episode. You know, the controversial "no ending" ending.

Dude, I don't even see the YJ stuff as "screentime eating". Arrow season 4 also hasn't been much better than season 3 in that particular regard.

Nah, the only Dick is Ni- okay yeah I rolled my own eyes in the middle of typing that.

i honestly thought there was gonna be another episode tying up things

it was ok

but not final episode grand climax good that i feel the show should have gotten like JLU

idk, i did

mostly because i wanted development from other stuff like Aqualad and Black Manta and this whole over arcing grand keikaku in the 2nd season

but instead of getting to it faster we just had to see more wally and artemis because tumblr demanded it

not a fan of that

@Arrow my goodness..

/gives a gold star that says "You tried"

Didn't they spend most of season 2 apart from each other though? I dunno I guess it just never stood out to me.

Arrow is practically a different show these days. Though I have been enjoying season 4 more than 3 so far despite the radical tone shift things have taken, if only because season 4 hasn't frustrated me nearly as much the latter half of season 3 did.

But hey, Flash is great.

"I MUST KILL METROID!" said Samus

"No Samus, YOU ARE THE METROID!"

And then Samus was a Metroid.

Oh my god. I haven't seen that in ages.

Bahahahaha, this is beautiful.

I know right? I was just looking at Zero Mission miiverse posts and was like... "I gotta show this to people"

I know right? I was just looking at Zero Mission miiverse posts and was like... "I gotta show this to people"

You did good, Jedi.

Also, I never knew I needed this in my life until now: