• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Yes

Yeah, and Puerto Ricans are literally Americans, so Trump wouldn't be able to do anything no matter how hard he tried lol

Score one for Boricua

Edited by Trisitei

All Hispanics are Latinos, but not all latinos are hispanic

Isn't Hispanic the term for anything related to Spain? So Spain itself and places like Equatorial Guinea would also count.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Isn't Hispanic the term for anything related to Spain? So Spain itself and places like Equatorial Guinea would also count.

Oh yeah, that's true.

What I meant to say was that the Hispanic population of latin america is also Latino.

i thought Hispanic refer to those originating from the island of Hispaniola when Columbus took the island and then later just branched out to other Caribbean islands

so places like Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Puerto Rico and others

... tell me about it...

Although in general I'm annoyed by loud noise, regardless of who is causing it.

Same here

it really gets annoying when my parents got friends over and they start blasting music

can't even here my own thoughts it's so loud

Edited by Trisitei

i thought Hispanic refer to those originating from the island of Hispaniola when Columbus took the island and then later just branched out to other Caribbean islands

Same here

it really gets annoying when my parents got friends over and they start blasting music

can't even here my own thoughts it's so loud

Nah, it's not because of the Española. It comes from the old name of Iberia, Hispania, from the times of the Romans. So the term originally also referred to the Portuguese and the like. The term evolved until it finally was just for Spain itself and it's legacy.

Ah yes, the loud noises hurt my ears and give me headaches. So annoying...

Haitians aren't Hispanic. All these places are part of Latin America. All the people from these countries are Latinos. The people from all of these countries except Haitians are Hispanics.

Hispanic = Related to a country that speaks Spanish.

Latino = Related to Latin America, i.e a place in the Americas that speak a latin language, with the exception of Quebec.

Since you're Puerto Rican, you're both Latino and hispanic. Since I'm Brazilian, I'm latino, but not hispanic. You have your definitions wrong. Also, the island of Hispaniola is only the Dominican Republic and Haiti, and ironically enough, Haitians aren't Hispanic.

Edited by Nobody