• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I was an admin on a FF forum that no longer exists when the initial hype was going on.

At this point I don't really care for the game, because its taken so long to even make.

I remember being behind the game ever since the first trailer of FF Versus XIII. I like what SE is doing with the game and I am confident it will make up for the disaster that was FFXIII.

hopefully it does

just make sure it's not another Duke Nukem Forever incident

Its funny when people mention 13 as a disaster to me when its one of the best selling games in the franchise. (I'm neutral on it myself, I liked and disliked aspects of it)

I was an admin on a FF forum that no longer exists when the initial hype was going on.

At this point I don't really care for the game, because its taken so long to even make.

Thanks in no small part to Lightning.

Its funny when people mention 13 as a disaster to me when its one of the best selling games in the franchise. (I'm neutral on it myself, I liked and disliked aspects of it)

I think people wanted it because it was new, everyone got it all at the same time.

But 13-2 > the rest of 13 trilogy

The general opinion on it is really low, though, and the public interest on Final Fantasy as a whole is way lower now than it was back then. I'd say that if FFXV ends up with such a luck warm reception, it will take a lot of effort for Square Enix to recover the franchise.

hopefully it does

just make sure it's not another Duke Nukem Forever incident

There's this web show called Video Games Awesome(assholes on a couch playing games and other stuff y'all should watch it) and they did Duke Nukem Forever show way back when and it's basically a slow descent from "HYYYYYPE" to "this game suuuuuuuuuuucks"

Edited by DavidSW

The general opinion on it is really low, though, and the public interest on Final Fantasy as a whole is way lower now than it was back then. I'd say that if FFXV ends up with such a luck warm reception, it will take a lot of effort for Square Enix to recover the franchise.

Well thats more what the 7 Remake is for, SE takes risks and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I mean 14 is doing pretty darn well at the moment, general interest seems to still exist, eventhough that's an MMO.

Lightning is awful

I like Snow as a character, but apparently that gets me hated by people who like 13 and people who hate 13.

I think this is exactly why they decided to remake FF7. No matter what happens, no matter what they do to it, it's gonna sell, simply because it's FF7.

I like Snow as a character, but apparently that gets me hated by people who like 13 and people who hate 13.

Snow is a good character, I agree.

Edited by Soledai