• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

There's NO food better than Argentine barbecue, seriously. It's fantastic. I love it. Even worth stoping fates to go eat it.

Stop what you're doing right now and go book a reservation on the nearest Argentine restaurant. Now.

Frosty right, actually. Its a complex narrative that requires 3 different perspectives to tell one full tale. Where it not, then Revelations would essentially invalidate both Birthright and Conquest, effectively wasting both time and money

Only if you play fire emblem for the story lol

The story is like the last thing i care about in fire emblem games. I literally think the interface or game speed are more important. And on gameplay, Conquest (and I also hear Birthright) beats revelation hands down. Even if the games had no story at all, Revelations wouldn't make the others invalidate the others.

Also, I don't see how having three different, independent stories would make one of them more valid than the others

Edited by Nobody

man, y'all are a buncha nerds for this whole cost effective spending thing

why would they make three stories only for you to only buy the dlc?

Nobody has a point, lol, unless you truly play fe for the story(HAHAHAHA) then I might agree with you

or something idk

I can't finish Awakening on Hard/Classic using no pair up. I tried it, got to Walhart's last chapter (20?), and I'm just stuck. 16 and 18 were bastards, too

git good.

How do you expect to beat Conquest this way?

I'm fully aware y'all don't play for the story, but whether or not you guys care about the story isn't the point. Its the way its structured that I'm talking about, which isn't new (maybe it is for Fire Emblem, but thats also beside the point) and has been done many times if you look around. Yes, they're 3 different games, but that doesn't make them 3 different stories, as you're putting them, simply because they're all related.

I could go into detail about what a complex narrative is, but I don't have the time, interest, no(h)r even wanting to make a big deal out of this, so whatever

git good.

How do you expect to beat Conquest this way?

what if his plan isn't to play it?

I'm fully aware y'all don't play for the story, but whether or not you guys care about the story isn't the point. Its the way its structured that I'm talking about, which isn't new (maybe it is for Fire Emblem, but thats also beside the point) and has been done many times if you look around. Yes, they're 3 different games, but that doesn't make them 3 different stories, as you're putting them, simply because they're all related.

I could go into detail about what a complex narrative is, but I don't have the time, interest, no(h)r even wanting to make a big deal out of this, so whatever

yeah, the whole different versions but different perspectives in whole story, yeah?

tbh i always figured you gave these games a more critical eye thanks to KH doing something like this

Edited by Trisitei

This game is full of fantastic maps omg

Chapter 24 was really intense and a lot of fun

Now comes the chapter many say is the hardest in the game... 25! Though that might be only on lunatic.

Also, I love Setsuna. She's so high.

yeah, the whole different versions but different perspectives in whole story, yeah?

tbh i always figured you gave these games a more critical eye thanks to KH doing something like this

KH is jut very vague, which makes it hard to pick up on the full thing, but the hints are definitely there. And its ordering for each spin-off entry only made the confusion worse that could have been avoided if they had just took the linear route. (as in, have 358/2 released BEFORE KH2). The closest example one in KH would be BBS (tho it didn't executed it well, sadly)

Its actually cause of Kat's mentioning it to me once. I generally had the concept in mind and have seen it before, but without knowing what exactly it was, and paying much attention to it