• Soledai

[9:32:15 AM] Breeze: what the fuck
[9:32:24 AM] Breeze: Hexing Rod: Reduces Max HP by half for ONE BATTLE
[9:32:30 AM] Breeze: Xander: fights Falcon Knight
[9:32:34 AM] Breeze: Still at 22 HP

One battle my ass

i figure it must game freak trying to appeal to all those different languages

like that whole chinese traditional and simplified thing

the whole chinese thing is due to game freak not actually having a chinese language in pokemon until now

the chinese fanbase asked gf if they could do it, and they did it in two languages

so the chinese community is pretty happy rn

grand for them

It is. Considering how the amount of people living in China, appealing to that market is a good business move.

(Just in Dota2, China is a comp. scene by itself. When big tournaments arrive, qualifiers are held in the Americas, Europe, South-East Asia and China. So China is is big enough to warrant being put on the same level as Europe as a whole. China has a gigantic population.)

Wait, for real? Hmm...

Yup

I was thinking of getting the Spanish version because I know a little Spanish and wanted to challenge myself a bit

but I ended up just getting the English version.

I wish I could play my physical Blue copy. Pretty sure I gave the GBA SP to my big brother though, since I can't find it

I feel you, my SP charger went missing shortly after I recovered my copy of Blue. I should probably just buy a new one Edited by Toren

i figure it must game freak trying to appeal to all those different languages

like that whole chinese traditional and simplified thing

They are probably using the already translated European Spanish and French versions, they don't have to translate it again. (For Mexico and French-speaking Canada)

Named Pokémon version jaune which was released in 2000 in France. (But I'm not sure if a Spanish version already existed)

Edited by Naughx

I guess many may not be happy. At least here for Hispanoamerica and Spain, Castillian Spanish vs LatinAmerican Spanish is a thing. Mostly in dubbing, but I'd think it still has a prescence in text-only translations.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

then why didnt they fucking say "Until end of map"

I'm assuming the Max HP went back to normal, but since you didn't heal him between, his current HP remained halved. Cannot confirm until I experience it myself, though.

I'm assuming the Max HP went back to normal, but since you didn't heal him between, his current HP remained halved. Cannot confirm until I experience it myself, though.

It's really max HP until the end of the map.