• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

oooh where are you so far? Between RL obligations and work, its taken me awhile to get this far, but I'm up to Ch 25 (I'm very satisfied with my progression, especially taking into account having to get used to the new mechanics; other than Ch 12 and 17, I've beaten every Chapter on the first try)! This game is sooooo much fun and pretty challenging! And the soundtrack.....I'm so in love!

I'm at chapter 19. And I'm pretty impressed that you completed most chapter on the first try O_O. I often have to reset due to surprise reinforcements or missing a 90%/being hit by a 10%. But chapter 12 and 17 are a pain. I nearly beat 17 on my first try, but I made a mistake against the boss. Missed all my attacks and got a unit killed on his turn.

And I said so in the PM, but I agree, the sountrack is great!

Guys, like, what's the max level for promoted units in Fates. And what the hell is that Astral Dragon's max level? >_>

...Oh. >_>

Pretty sure Azura's lvl cap is 40.

Seems I was thoroughly Ninja'ed about this.

Edited by LuxSpes

I think I'm ragequitting chapter 26. I just purchased Birthright and I'm almost thinking of starting it before beating chapter 26.

The amount of bullshit chapter 26 is also made me decide to beat Birthright on Hard/Classic rather than Lunatic

I mean, I know it will be pretty easy, but Conquest's Lunatic drained my brain

Can't you also use an item to raise the max level of your units?

yeah

I think I'm ragequitting chapter 26. I just purchased Birthright and I'm almost thinking of starting it before beating chapter 26.

The amount of bullshit chapter 26 is also made me decide to beat Birthright on Hard/Classic rather than Lunatic

yeah

Beside the infinite Hexing rod (which already sounds BS enough) is there anything else?

I'm at chapter 19. And I'm pretty impressed that you completed most chapter on the first try O_O. I often have to reset due to surprise reinforcements or missing a 90%/being hit by a 10%. But chapter 12 and 17 are a pain. I nearly beat 17 on my first try, but I made a mistake against the boss. Missed all my attacks and got a unit killed on his turn.

And I said so in the PM, but I agree, the sountrack is great!

Pretty sure Azura's lvl cap is 40.

Seems I was thoroughly Ninja'ed about this.

I was originally going to do the normal Birthright>Conquest>Revelations order, but I couldn't bring myself to choose Hoshido for the first time around; I love the Nohrian siblings too much! The maps are some of the best and most creative ones I've ever seen in the FE games I've played, and they punish you if you don't know what you're doing. I find myself both dreading what the next map would look like and relishing the challenge. Its a strange feeling, but i like it! Going through the hard path will also make Birthright go faster too so I can get to Revelations; got nothing against the Hoshidan siblings, but I really don't want to fight Nohr.

So much pain in these routes.....but its such glorious heart wrenching pain too...I swear this game has turned me into a masochist! XD

The soundtrack is probably my favorite in the series now, which is saying something. I can listen to "Pray to the Dark" all day...

Edited by Silver Lightning

Beside the infinite Hexing rod (which already sounds BS enough) is there anything else?

the enemies are too strong

the hexing rod range is also huuuuuuuuge, you can't move through the doors without getting someone hexed.

you know what? fuck this shit, I'll try to beat this chapter with everyone having half the HP lmao #yolo

That's the way~!

Seriously though, I hate whoever came up with Hexing rods.

Hope things start looking up for you!

Work is meh, but I'm keeping up. The energizing mood boost of a new FE is always great too!

Thank you

It's splendid to hear you're managing well enough

Fates sure is spreading around, wow

I was originally going to do the normal Birthright>Conquest>Revelations order, but I couldn't bring myself to choose Hoshido for the first time around; I love the Nohrian siblings too much! The maps are some of the best and most creative ones I've ever seen in the FE games I've played, and they punish you if you don't know what you're doing. I find myself both dreading what the next map would look like and relishing the challenge. Its a strange feeling, but i like it! Going through the hard path will also make Birthright go faster too so I can get to Revelations; got nothing against the Hoshidan siblings, but I really don't want to fight Nohr.

So much pain in these routes.....but its such glorious heart wrenching pain too...I swear this game has turned me into a masochist! XD

The soundtrack is probably my favorite in the series now, which is saying something. I can listen to "Pray to the Dark" all day...

Hi Silver Lightning

I felt bad at seeing the Hoshido siblings' reaction after choosing Nohr, so I can see where you're coming from. And I think I haven't played through the Conquest chapters that will make me feel the same pain. And I'm also itching to play Revelations (especially with the scenes in Conquest where Corrin points out how nice it is to be with both his siblings), but I want to take my time to enjoy Conquest. Also, I think that if you don't grind, Birthright can be challenging. I didn't grind and the last few chapters of Birthright on Hard/Classic were pretty challenging. Still have to see how the late game Conquest chapters compare though.

Wow Silva

Speaking of heart wrenching, Thorn in You (and it's Roar version) is a pretty great song for heart wrenching chapters.

the enemies are too strong

the hexing rod range is also huuuuuuuuge, you can't move through the doors without getting someone hexed.

Sounds like a fun time...

you know what? fuck this shit, I'll try to beat this chapter with everyone having half the HP lmao #yolo

That's the spirit! I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to beat Birthright Endgame without grinding, but Yolo'ed it with 2 combat unit and managed to win.

That's the way~!

Seriously though, I hate whoever came up with Hexing rods.

I hate those things. If only they only lasted for a set amount of time.

it's actually 40 for Felicia and Jakob and 20 for the other maids/butlers.

The astral dragon has infinite levels, but the displayed level caps at 99, after that you can still level her but the level shown won't change.

Oooooooh, no wonder.

Ah, I see. Because she's like level 50 something for me and I'm just like, uhhh why isn't it stopping. But damn.

what's Fire Emblem

Some dying series. Kinda.

Hi Silver Lightning

Hiya Ace! :D

I felt bad at seeing the Hoshido siblings' reaction after choosing Nohr, so I can see where you're coming from. And I think I haven't played through the Conquest chapters that will make me feel the same pain. And I'm also itching to play Revelations (especially with the scenes in Conquest where Corrin points out how nice it is to be with both his siblings), but I want to take my time to enjoy Conquest. Also, I think that if you don't grind, Birthright can be challenging. I didn't grind and the last few chapters of Birthright on Hard/Classic were pretty challenging. Still have to see how the late game Conquest chapters compare though.

Wow Silva

Speaking of heart wrenching, Thorn in You (and it's Roar version) is a pretty great song for heart wrenching chapters.

Sounds like a fun time...

That's the spirit! I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to beat Birthright Endgame without grinding, but Yolo'ed it with 2 combat unit and managed to win.

I hate those things. If only they only lasted for a set amount of time.

I KNOW ITS SOO SAD!!! I mean, the other FEs were pretty sad at times too, but damn this game makes you feel bad no matter what you do. The sibling angle really hits me hard personally; while the stories could have been much better, the premise is absolutely perfect and what I really like about this game. The music really delivers it too. Speaking of which, is that what they localized the name to? I like it so much; its the "Don't speak her name" of Fates. Its also the track (calm version) that I was listening to on repeat while writing my SF Scribbles piece. So beautiful~!

silver bum check your personal messenger more often pls

Will do, I just have to go do evening chores. Have patience goon

yeah

Told you. :V

I mean, you could technically choose which unit you want to protect from the hex by pairing up and then letting the other unit take the debuff, but I have no idea about how the map layout is and how many units you can deploy (benched units can serve as shields on these situations).

Sounds intense! :o

more because you know Levin wouldn't need much to catch up, yeah?

Nah, the rng hated his guts and it really showed.

Actually, most of Gen 1, Sigurd, Lachesis, and Tiltyu aside, got kind of rng screwed

Evening thread~! :D

Evening to you too.

How're things that I'm sure you've been asked already?

Isn't it a visual novel or something

Hey >~>