• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

You swap ka with ke and be with ba, it works great as a play on their names whilst Abel -> Alva/Alba doesn't really have the same kind of effect.

Well shit, it does. I need to sleep sometime.

Edited by Topazd

the jaypen writing is odd

i know that, but for the analogy, that's where he'd fit

unless birthright protag is liu bei

yeah, birthright corrin is more liu bei

that corrin is more naive but really benevolent to anyone regardless and stays true to optimistic ideals

like trusting Zola, or refusing to kill their siblings in the hope that getting rid of the real problem (Garon and his cronies Iago and Hans) would hopefully bring the war to a close without more bloodshed

but i wouldn't say benevolent since corrin saw hans and was like
"I remember what that shit did to Gunter.. i want my revenge"

Yeah, that was just a huge derp on my part.

I'd still say it works better in Japanese though.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the similarities are more noticeable in the Japanese characters than in the English letters.

Also, Othin just massacred an entire battalion of armors in one enemy phase, without taking a single hit.

What a man.

He's da man.

Yeah, it's definitely more snappy with katakana, but the effect is still there with Abel->Alba even if the relation isn't as prominent in the pronunciation.

All this makes me feel bad about my procrastination on FE5. It's only that game and FE2 and I'll have completed every FE and can finally move onto finishing TRS, but with FE5 I'll have to make a choice between an English script that kind of screws up the UI or the Japanese version where I can't really make anything out of the script but can work with the UI.

Yeah, it's definitely more snappy with katakana, but the effect is still there with Abel->Alba even if the relation isn't as prominent in the pronunciation.

All this makes me feel bad about my procrastination on FE5. It's only that game and FE2 and I'll have completed every FE and can finally move onto finishing TRS, but with FE5 I'll have to make a choice between an English script that kind of screws up the UI or the Japanese version where I can't really make anything out of the script but can work with the UI.

Agreed.

You and I are on the same quest, it seems. I'm playing FE5 in Japanese, but I already made that decision before hearing about how buggy the translation patch (apparently) is, because I'm learning Japanese and I thought this would be a fun way to immerse myself in the language.

If you're worried about bugs or screwed up UI, I'd say play the Japanese version. You can look up most of the script on SF anyway.