Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

All the times I missed 90%+ hits makes me doubt this.

I barely ever missed anything above 80% in Awakening, but I lost count of how many times I had to reset because I missed a 90% hit­.

bullshit

Like, Awakening uses 2RNG. Fates, according to the rng regression thread, makes higher percentage hits more likely to hit than the one rng system, but less likely to hit than the 2RNG hit, so yeah, comparing it to awakening would mean less hit, but still more than the displayed hit. Remember that 1 in 10 is actually very likely to happen.

The biggest differences would be on lower % hits. While the 2RNG systems makes them way less likely to hit, the system in Fates doesn't. It's, from what I hear, somewhere between the 2 and 1 RNG systems.

Oh, and there's also confirmation bias. Always suspect your own confirmation bias

Edited by Nobody

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Like, Awakening uses 2RNG. Fates, according to the rng regression thread, makes higher percentage hits more likely to hit than the one rng system, but less likely to hit than the 2RNG hit, so yeah, comparing it to awakening would mean less hit, but still more than the displayed hit. Remember that 1 in 10 is actually very likely to happen.

The biggest differences would be on lower % hits. While the 2RNG systems makes them way less likely to hit, the system in Fates doesn't. It's, from what I hear, somewhere between the 2 and 1 RNG systems.

Oh, and there's also confirmation bias. Always suspect your own confirmation bias

so its 1.5? rng then

well, damn you nintendo

I don't know actually though, things like dark souls are starting to become more mainstream and popular enough to compete with normal triple a games, so I think there's definitely starting to be some change in the gaming market.

Just my observation though.

I'm probably dead wrong here, but wasn't Dark Souls designed to be AAA from the offset?

Which is why I tend to appreciate older and indie games, although I still appreciate games that don't really mollycoddle people in this day and age, such as FE still, which actually has less tutorial stuff than it used to in the GBA era funny enough.

People also tend to go for stuff that's familiar to them, which is why New Super Mario Bros Wii outsold Mario galaxy for instance, for a weird comparison there.

I get the familiarity aspect, as it's most of the reason why I've clung to Nintendo games for so long. And I appreciate indie titles for what they've brought to the table and how they've changed the way we see and play games. But the thing I feel about all this is...as originality and complexity in games starts to die off in favor of dumbing down everything for a newer audience, what do we have left?

Also, mollycoddle is a funny word, I might use it from now on

Edited by Karasz

I get the familiarity aspect, as it's most of the reason why I've clung to Nintendo games for so long. But the thing I feel about all this is...as originality and complexity in games starts to die off in favor of dumbing down everything for a newer audience, what do we have left?

Also, mollycoddle is a funny word, I might use it from now on

I'm not sure when that will happen ^^; I hope it doesn't anytime soon I like seeing people revisit old ideas and seeing new ideas both. I still adore most Nintendo franchises, because they do enough new with them while not completely departing from why I like them, I also like when series aren't afraid to try going super different (part of why I like Final Fantasy alot and such). I'm an optimist in terms of gaming, I feel we'll always have alot of great stuff to play, and if we don't like stuff of today we can always relive the glory of the past. Theres a legacy that is timeless.

I love weird words haha.

It started out very niche with demon souls.

By dark souls everyone and their mother knew about the game.

And by bloodborne everyone and their mother was playing the game.

You have a point.

I'm not sure when that will happen ^^; I hope it doesn't anytime soon I like seeing people revisit old ideas and seeing new ideas both. I still adore most Nintendo franchises, because they do enough new with them while not completely departing from why I like them, I also like when series aren't afraid to try going super different (part of why I like Final Fantasy alot and such). I'm an optimist in terms of gaming, I feel we'll always have alot of great stuff to play, and if we don't like stuff of today we can always relive the glory of the past. Theres a legacy that is timeless.

I love weird words haha.

If you don't mind, Jedi, I'd like to continue this discussion in private. Doesn't really work for me to formulate a long, drawn out response, only for it to be buried under 20-something replies. I gotta step away from my computer for a moment, but I'll shoot you a message soon.

If you don't mind, Jedi, I'd like to continue this discussion in private. Doesn't really work for me to formulate a long, drawn out response, only for it to be buried under 20-something replies. I gotta step away from my computer for a moment, but I'll shoot you a message soon.

Sure, ^^ I'm enjoying this. Dno if i'll instantly respond, but I will try :)

I do not like 25

I ended up just giving Corrin a killer lance and hoping for rng and luckily rng happened immediately

http://shadowbreezy.tumblr.com/post/140650063839/hey-its-not-really-me-but-close-enough

does this look like a fucking Corn who can fight the Lobster