• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Time to resume Alpha Gaiden.

Checking the Bazaar, there's now a Mobile Suit worthwhile to buy for me. A Doven Wolf. It's base stats are much better than what most of the benchwarmer MS pilots have, so just in case, I buy it. I put Quattro there, and in turn put Four in the Hyakku Shiki Kai. Because of that the Super Gundam is useless right now so I move Roux from the G-Defensor to the V Dash Gundam, which I had Katz there but now I put him in the now empty Gundam mk-II. And just because, I put Keith in a Gun-EZ. This might get messed up if they were get forced deployed. But for now, this will do.

So, time to now to begin Stage 26. And this is also the beginning of another route split. This one is special, in that the paths are dependant on skill point amount. 15 or more (Hard difficulty, basically) sends us to one path, while 14 or less (Normal and Easy difficulties) sends us to the other. Since I have, well, all 25 skill points so far, the path is set.

Back with the Moon Race in North Ameria, Phil has started to suspect of the Diana-Kihel switch. In addition, he's angry that with the heroes back in Gallia they have the chance to take the Sunbelt region now, but "Diana" refuses to give the order. Speaking of, Kihel is worried of being discovered, and decides to send Harry Ord to Gallia to contact Diana. Harry doesn't want to leave Kihel, but she says that even if caught she is still of more use alive than dead to Phil. Unfortunately, Phil has launched his coup and soldiers try to detain Harry while on his way to the hangar, though he is able to flee the Diana Counter.

Over yonder in Gallia, a small recon force, composed of the Dancougar Team, the Getter Team, and Tetsuya and Kouji have encountered Dinosaur Empire mechas heading towards a town, and promptly intercept them. Tetsuya starts to get impatient and moves ahead. Kouji tries to berate him for that, but Tetsuya in turn taunts him about being unable to keep up to his pace. And then both start to argue over who is better and turn the fight into a competition. Ryouma in turn berates them for their lack of teamwork, which prompts Hayato to call him a hypocrite.

(What lovely teamwork there, isn't it?)

In any case, stage begins... quite...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So, the starting enemies is just a squad of Dino Jets. Other than implying more enemies on the way, this could be an easy force to take down... if it wasn't that both Dancougar and Getter Robo G start uncombined and I can't combine them.

Considering the Eagle Fighter and the Getter Machines, this is as close to a dogfight as it gets.

Anyway, should still be easy...

So, one turn later, and Tetsuya taunts Kouji some more. Kouji tries to counter that all he needs is the Mazinger his grandfather built, but it seems to only increase Testuya's anger. At this point the others have had enough, and the Dancougar team combines their mechs (finally!). Ryouma tries to follow suit, but Hayato refuses (this has gone beyond the "pot calling kettle" analogy it seems), stating the Getter Machines are enough. Oh boy...

Well, the Dino Jets fall like flies. I'll rout easily enough. The only concern is their high evade, but stuff like Rocket Punch has a +40 Hit modifier, so I still see Hit rates over 75.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So, once there's only 1 Dino Jet left, the pilot will automatically move to the end of the map, apparently wanting to kamikaze himself on the town. But then quickly Benkei intercepts it. No, Benkei! Don't pull a Musashi!

... well, he did. On the other hand, Musashi back in Alpha survived his sacrifice stunt (don't worry folks, he'll die for real in Alpha 2), and Benkei does here as well.

Well, this seems to have been a short stage... I think...

Edited by Acacia Sgt