• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Yes, that will be fine.

I see, thank you for acknowledging my differences in taste, as well as acting informatively.

I don't recall, actually, just something I picked up.

Exactly! Actually, I do speak about...six words of German. Do you have the name of the song?

I've heard of that concept, I believe there's even a term for it. Interesting, please do keep me up to date.

Well, there is no point in making you play something you wouldn't enjoy. You share things because you want to let other people feel satisfaction as well, not to make them suffer.

Eisenkreuzkrieger by Eisregen. If you understand the title, you should be able to somewhat comprehend the text as well.

I'll make sure to write whenever he mentions an interesting piece of information. The book is 900 pages long, Clausewitz became famous for a reason

Well, there is no point in making you play something you wouldn't enjoy. You share things because you want to let other people feel satisfaction as well, not to make them suffer.

Eisenkreuzkrieger by Eisregen. If you understand the title, you should be able to somewhat comprehend the text as well.

I'll make sure to write whenever he mentions an interesting piece of information. The book is 900 pages long, Clausewitz became famous for a reason

Very well said, sir.

Uh...yeah, sure...

I shall look forward to it, always good to learn new things.

As the old saying goes, the best offense is a solid defense.

Again? Well drat, I've missed a battle!

A quote from Clausewitz, translated in English:

"What is the purpose of defense? To preserve. Preserving is easier than winning, aready from that one can conclude that, with an equal amount of soldiers and mediums, defense is easier than offense. Why however is presrving easier than attacking? That lies in the fact that all the time, that remains unused, will aid the defending party. Said party reaps what it hasn't sowed. Every single forbearance of an attack due to laziness, fear and the like, will further help the defending party.

Defense has a negative purpose, offense a positive one. Were offense the stronger form, then defense would not exist, as it would be both weaker than offense and has a negative purpose."

Just some small part I didn't find all too bad. It needs more explanation though, but then again, there is still a lot of content to read.

You missed a truly epic battle, my friend

Edited by Mayora

Very well said, sir.

Uh...yeah, sure...

I shall look forward to it, always good to learn new things.

^I knew you would be confused at it. Well, since you are still learning German, as far as I know, such is not surprising. And remember, if you have issues with the language just ask me

A quote from Clausewitz, translated in English:"What is the purpose of defense? To preserve. Preserving is easier than winning, aready from that one can conclude that, with an equal amount of soldiers and mediums, defense is easier than offense. Why however is presrving easier than attacking? That lies in the fact that all the time, that remains unused, will aid the defending party. Said party reaps what it hasn't sowed. Every single forbearance of an attack due to laziness, fear and the like, will further help the defending party. Defense has a negative purpose, offense a positive one. Were offense the stronger form, then defense would not exist, as it would be both weaker than offense and has a negative purpose."

Just some small part I didn't find all too bad. It needs more explanation though, but then again, there is still a lot of content to read.You missed a truly epic battle, my friend

Yeah, I can follow what it's saying but some I that stuff I don't get. How do you determine the purposes? What, specifically, remains unused? What about the laziness and fear of the defense? And so.

I see, how unfortunate.

^I knew you would be confused at it. Well, since you are still learning German, as far as I know, such is not surprising. And remember, if you have issues with the language just ask me

Understood sir!

Yeah, I can follow what it's saying but some I that stuff I don't get. How do you determine the purposes? What, specifically, remains unused? What about the laziness and fear of the defense? And so.

I see, how unfortunate.

Understood sir!

Aaaargh, I could write quotes on every single one of your questions, as that at least he covered to a basic extent. But so much text.

I might get around doing that tomorrow, since it is late now and I'll be heading to bed soon

Oh, so this is the one that reminded you of the Sakura scene? I see

Well yes.

If I wasn't lazy you would realize how it relates.

Speaking of Imma go do that.

BRB ADVENTURE~

An entire chapter is dedicated to what a standstill in a war is, and for which reasons it can exist to begin with, which would already answer the unused time question.

As that is the most interesting part so far, I'll try to summarize it before heading to sleep

Aaaargh, I could write quotes on every single one of your questions, as that at least he covered to a basic extent. But so much text.I might get around doing that tomorrow, since it is late now and I'll be heading to bed soon

I see...well, good night.
I'll watch that later.

Well yes.

If I wasn't lazy you would realize how it relates.

Speaking of Imma go do that.

BRB ADVENTURE~

Yay! Adventure!