• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

That's not the point.

The point was the way he pointed it out in the thread, instead of the PM, which in this context, could be seen as insensitive.

I get pestered about being PMed all the time out in public, but I never really found it insensitive. Annoying, but never insensitive. And I can tell Iceflare meant no harm at all pointing that out.

I get pestered about being PMed all the time out in public, but I never really found it insensitive. Annoying, but never insensitive. And I can tell Iceflare meant no harm at all pointing that out.

Not to you, but in the context of Ice and J, it could be seen as that way, since J is showing signs of sadness, being pointed out of simultaneous PM and thread could have been interpreted as some form of desperation, which isn't good for her. I may be overanalyzing it, but if i was in J's shoes right now, i would feel like being put on the spot.

And just because Ice didn't mean any harm doesn't mean it's okay for it to happen. As long as his more discreet later on, it's fine.

Not to you, but in the context of Ice and J, it could be seen as that way, since J is showing signs of sadness, being pointed out of simultaneous PM and thread could have been interpreted as some form of desperation, which isn't good for her. I may be overanalyzing it, but if i was in J's shoes right now, i would feel like being put on the spot.

And just because Ice didn't mean any harm doesn't mean it's okay for it to happen. As long as his more discreet later on, it's fine.

Ah. Alright.

Well John you could probably at least do more than just guilt people... This is something I've been trying to learn over time because I thought if I accused people and told them what they're doing wrong they'd say "ok well I'll change" if they really wanted to improve. But I'm learning that that's really not always the best method... instead it gets people to feel offended and sometimes they won't even want to listen to you anymore. That's not always the case but it's better to do a bit more than just throw accusations and make people feel bad.

Advice-giving and showing you mean well often gets on people's good sides better~

I'm sorry I can't have much more advice to give though, because I'm still trying to learn about this myself... and when my emotions go out of check (my overprotective nature often makes me flare up and not think when I'm responding) I sometimes have to remind myself to pause and force myself to stop talking. In that time frame I try reason with myself and get myself to settle down. Then I can start to review what I said and see if I said anything too accusatory and try revise it.

Though I still feel like not the same method works on everybody... idk what is best to use on people you might not know enough and if anybody has better suggestions feel free~ I at least think that it's better than doing nothing but making accusations and guilting others... because that is how I've been and it hasn't worked for me well at all in the past >_> I'm really trying to improve myself though ;u;

After your trip?

That's what I'm planning Yes.

But you just go to:

pokemonshowdown.com

Play online

Then click on "Username" or "choose username"

Then you type in your name, and do a match making battle.

I did a random one.

After the battle, it'll ask you if you want to register your account, then it will probably ask you for a password so you can make it.