• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Well, people as said also believe the earth is flat. Those are being illogical.

Religion isn't necessarily illogical, which is why it still exists

At the time it was.

Now we have the knowledge to know it's not.

At the time it was.

Now we have the knowledge to know it's not.

Indeed. As such, if religion ever gets proven to be wrong, believe in it will decrease. Idiots won't give up, but it will decrease. I just find it unlikely that it ever will be proven wrong

Something is only truly illogical if it causes a contradiction ir paradox. Also, logic has to be a train of thought most can follow. If I say something completely absurd in the eyes of majority, then it would be good to assume it was illogical

I guess so. But that exact reality is what grates me. Just because the majority accepts something, it becomes universal, even if there is the possibility that said majority was false.

Also, where's the logic in emotions? Like, say in one's own mind, everything tells them that object A is bad, and they them self believe it to be. So how is it that they still pursue object A? Emotions? How does one explain/justify that? What one thinks and what one feels could be considered a paradox, right? And yet, in the end, either one of them could be right. Or is it, that feeling is its own logic that doesn't always make sense, but just feels right?

I don't accept it.

I understand that you don't, which pertains to your your logic that there is no religion

Because those who believe its logical follow it.

Pretty much

I don't even know what I'm saying anymore. I must be on something. Ignore my gibberish

Edited by The King