• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

for all the depressed people in this thread: Do you seek professional help? I know that it's a bit of a cliche, but it's essential.

Makes a good point here.

Although situations can't be exactly fixed and you might not be able to be who you used to be completely, the help is well worth it.
They're able to give you as much as support as possible on the road to recovery, as you try to go against the said depression.

Though if you prefer not wanting to, then I suppose that's a different case (?)

Not sure how to put it.

I'M SORRY BREEZY

I wish I wouldn't be stressed for it but expectations and such. that and it's probably myself giving more pressure than intending. Just finished making my business cards -- need to print them out though. Interviewing is pretty easy, but the hardest part is finding the right people to interview. The really good people are already taken by actual news channel so it's difficult. I think the essay is pretty straight forward but the matter of time ticks against the clock. I do appreciate the consideration of wanting to help though.

That sounds tiring as heck! I'm surprised you haven't knocked out or something while your sister's playing Kingdom Hearts. Unless it's this hype that is making you live with its burning passion.

High expectations can be a pain,and ruin your life if statistics in most Asian countries are to be believed;I've always been the type who pushes himself to beyond his own limits,or at least tries to do so;I get stressed sometimes,but I just give myself some slack;my parents only ask that I keep doing what I'm doing and try my best to not be mathematically inept like the rest of the family

I never considered the idea of finding a good person for an interview;I've just learned that when no one is answering you,find someone who is a native Spanish speaker and you'll get what you need to know;but I guess you can't do that...sorry I can't give any better advice

I always procrastinate(also a family trait)so time always freaks me out too

It's exhausting,but also a lot of fun;and it'll only get easier from here,so if nothing else,I'll just power through the next week and then relax

The hype doesn't sustain me,I just have a lot if energy,I guess.

You're still stupid, y'know..?

*hug*

From you, I'll take that as a compliment

*hugs back*

Was inspired to do one after seeing many of yours and Damian's. Thanks!

Oh, you made it yourself? I'm impressed

Ignore this.

Can't speak for others, but the source of my depressions is nothing I can change. Professionals wouldn't be able to do anything about it either. It has its roots in my childhood, and well, is a state of mind that I can't help but entering more than once a day. Professionals can't perform miracles, the only way for me to overcome tjis would be to completely change my beliefd and goals, something I'm not willing to do

Believe me, for the longest I doubted the power of psychology, I'd just say it was bullshit and ignore it. Then, 4 years ago, I tried it, and it solved I problem I had since I was 5 y/o. It wasn't depression, but still, it solved my problem, something I'd never expect before trying it.

But eh, I don't want to annoy you guys so I won't say more.

Edited by NOBODY

Sorry for not trying to help any of the depressive people in this thread as much as I should...I tried to get that past that phase of my life,so I guess I haven't been assisting as much as I should...ugh I feel guilty now...

Makes a good point here.

Although situations can't be exactly fixed and you might not be able to be who you used to be completely, the help is well worth it.

They're able to give you as much as support as possible on the road to recovery, as you try to go against the said depression.

Though if you prefer not wanting to, then I suppose that's a different case (?)

Not sure how to put it.

As mentioned, to truly overcome this, I'd have to change completely, and I can't do that. Or rather, I am against having to give up on who I am just like that. Not to mention that doing so to begin with is next to impossible. Most psychologists are nutjobs themselves, not to forget that.

I am fully aware of my problem, what its roots are and all, a professional couldn't tell me much new.

And what you addressed in the last part is the most interesting to me I'd say. I despise being depressed, however, I am willing to live with it if that means that my hoals and beliefs can stay intact. It is a rather weird thought, I know

Believe me, for the longest I doubted the power of psychology, I'd just say it was bullshit and ignore it. Then, 4 years ago, I tried it, and it solved I problem I had since I was 5 y/o. It wasn't depression, but still, it solved my problem, something I'd never expect before trying it.

But eh, I don't want to annoy you guys so I won't say more.

Naturally, I'm no professional, but since the field of psychology interests me, I read quite a few works on it. And frankly, I doubt they coukd solve something like the state of mind I tend to enter.

It's not annoying me, I mean, a topic like this is at least more mature than most things we talk about here.

If my depressions reach extremely dangerous levels, I will go to seek help naturally. But as said, I'd prefer not to change into someone I am not

Well, I apologize for lowering the mood here. If it does bother anyone, I'll stop.

I think it's better to just spend some time venting rather than letting unspoken thoughts eat away at our minds

Seems I have been abandoned completely by one.

The inability to change feelings is also a terrible curse.

I see...

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Edited by Jprebs

I think it's better to just spend some time venting rather than letting unspoken thoughts eat away at our minds

This is a good approach, actually

Seems I have been abandoned completely by one.

The inability to change feelings is also a terrible curse.

I see...

Nothing out of the ordinary.

If you say so...