• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Extra question for the winner:

What is the quantified piece of information that the Guru provides that each person did not already have?

It's the fact that no one left the island on the day that made them discover. Let's ignore the existence of the brown eyed people, they're not important in the question (as long as no one who is blue eyed knows their eye color). If there was only one person and the guru said there was a blue eyed person, that person would know for obvious reasons that he was blue eyed. With 2 people, the guru would say that and the person would assume that the other person would leave, since they're blue eyed. When they didn't, they know they were also blue eyed, since person number 2 didn't leave, thinking the person number 1 was the only blue eyed person.

With 2 people, they'd think there were 2 blue eyed people. On the second day, when no one left, they'd think "the blue eyed person number 1 didn't leave because he thought there was only one blue eyed person, the person number 2. Then, on the 3rd day, when no one left again, they'd know that they were also blue eyed, since if there was only 2 blue eyed people, they'd have left on day 2. You can do that until you reach 100 blue eyed people. The brown eyed people are there only to make the problem more confused.

Edited by NOBODY

I'm not sure on the answer to the question myself, but from how I look at it, it is needed for the inductive reasoning to take place. The solution analyzes the problem from a smaller amount of people, and then expands the solution to that to fit thd original puzzle. As such, to get the basis of it, hearing that there is a person with blue eyes is necessary, as contradictory as it may seem

Here's a riddle

What did I just eat

food?

I'm not sure on the answer to the question myself, but from how I look at it, it is needed for the inductive reasoning to take place. The solution analyzes the problem from a smaller amount of people, and then expands the solution to that to fit thd original puzzle. As such, to get the basis of it, hearing that there is a person with blue eyes is necessary, as contradictory as it may seem

I looked for the answer on the internet

Sorry for disappointing you =(

It's the fact that no one left the island on the day that made them discover. Let's ignore the existence of the brown eyed people, they're not important in the question (as long as no one who is blue eyed knows their eye color). If there was only one person and the guru said there was a blue eyed person, that person would know for obvious reasons that he was blue eyed. With 2 people, the guru would say that and the person would assume that the other person would leave, since they're blue eyed. When they didn't, they know they were also blue eyed, since person number 2 didn't leave, thinking the person number 1 was the only blue eyed person.

With 2 people, they'd think there were 2 blue eyed people. On the second day, when no one left, they'd think "the blue eyed person number 1 didn't leave because he thought there was only one blue eyed person, the person number 2. Then, on the 3rd day, when no one left again, they'd know that they were also blue eyed, since if there was only 2 blue eyed people, they'd have left on day 2. You can do that until you reach 100 blue eyed people. The brown eyed people are there only to make the problem more confused.

That is the solution, yes. I was strictly talking about what the Guru had to do with this. Everyone knew that there were blue people, so whatt the Guru said wasn't new knowledge. But it is necessary for the inductive reasoning to even start.

The question was rather about the further structure of the puzzle

Enjoying death sounds more edgy. Zombies win.

Yukari though, huh. Needs more loli Flandre. Or Futo

edgyness3much5u

Yukari is the best and strongest youkai

im pretty sure Flan and Yuuka come after her though

Also Kokoro>Futo 8D

edgyness3much5u

Yukari is the best and strongest youkai

im pretty sure Flan and Yuuka come after her though

Also Kokoro>Futo 8D

I am edgy to the bones

No Reimu as number 1 anymore? Or strictly talking about youkais?

Wut, no. Since reading that doujinshi, Futa is number 1