Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

Oh cool, I'm a 2nd violinist too! I was usually 1st/2nd chair, though that might be different from playing in a professional orchestra.

Being able to tour internationally...I'm a bit envious haha! Sounds like a lovely trip. What cities/towns did you go to on your tour there?

Took me awhile to track down a blog-post from my viola friend, but it should have been:

Jan. 21th: Depart USA for Beijing

Jan. 22st: Arrive in Beijing, hit the hotel

Jan. 23rd: Visit Tain An MEn Square & Forbidden City

Jan. 24th: Perform at Ju Yong Pass of the Great Wall

Jan. 25th: Visit Temple of Heaven, Cloisonne Factory, Yonghe Palace, enjoy Chinese NEW YEAR!

Jan. 26th: (Hangover) Travel to Shanhaiguan, more Great Wall, perform at Shanhaiguan.

Jan. 27th: Travel to Shijiazhuang. Free Time.

Jan. 28th: Home visits. Local sight seeing. Perform.

Jan. 29th: Travel to Tianjin. City Tour. Perform at Tianjin Conservatory of Music.

Jan. 30th: Fly from Beijing to Xian. Visit the Gate of the Ancient City Wall. Eat at Dumpling Fest!

Jan. 31st: Visit the Terra-cotta Warriors & Horses Museum.

Feb. 1st: Visit the Tablet museum and Xian Jade Factory.

Feb. 2nd: Visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda and the Phoenix Embroidery factory. Fly to Guilin.

Feb. 3rd: Li River Cruise to Yangshuo. Free Time.

Feb. 4th: Explore! Visit Reed Flute Cave & Elephant Trunk Hill. Fly back to Beijing.

Feb. 5th: Beijing City Tour. Concert.

Feb. 6th: Depart Beijing for USA.

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I'd still argue that it is, and I've been a gamer since forever. The best stories don't match the best of literature. As said, if comparing the mediums as a whole, I'd say both are equal. But solely on the aspect of stories and characters? No.

I've yet to play a game so thought-inspiring as, say, the magic mountain from Thomas Mann

I think they're arguing for the potential of the genre. Most people don't take game stories as seriously as other media. They play games for the fun, hands-on gaming.

It isn't inherently inferior. The interaction involved in games makes them a huge opportunity to pull people into a plot. It's forced to be inferior by the market, not by its own limits.