Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

No better way to start the day than with someone hitting your car

Sigh

Now i'll be late for college and without my car...

I'm guessing another vehicle hit your car? That really blows, dude. Can you notify the college?

Long time no talk, Dusklops.

How goes?

Just think of the movie Inception

Indeed

It's going all right. You?

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

okay fine

it started when damian said something in PASSING

what if someone just flipped my avy and then we'd be like

b9ztx.jpgphoto-7044.png?_r=1409097299

and so I said as a joke

everyone should just steal damian's avi and use it in DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS

then euk actually changed his avvy and everything got out of hand

but in a good way

I'm guessing another vehicle hit your car? That really blows, dude. Can you notify the college

Yes, another car hit mine. At least i wasn't the one driving, but my father.

I don't think they care nor that it matters. I mean, i'll lose a class, which sucks and will make me get a bit lost on next classes, but meh.

Indeed

It's going all right. You?

I'm doing pretty great, just in case you weren't aware that I am a Warriors fan, I finally got Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires and am pouring my soul into it.

While looking for a job, ofc

okay fine

it started when damian said something in PASSING

and so I said as a joke

then euk actually changed his avvy and everything got out of hand

but in a good way

Ah, I see. Gotta admit, it looks pretty ballin'

Also, go to school

Yes, another car hit mine. At least i wasn't the one driving, but my father.

I don't think they care nor that it matters. I mean, i'll lose a class, which sucks and will make me get a bit lost on next classes, but meh.

Still, the whole thing isn't brilliant. Can you ever get to college on time now?

I'm doing pretty great, just in case you weren't aware that I am a Warriors fan, I finally got Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires and am pouring my soul into it.

While looking for a job, ofc

At least you're enjoying it

Tell me about it... <_<

this is a bad opinion

B-but Mayora's Mask IS the best game ever. I mean, even the title is purrfect and all

Perhaps it can't get deep enough by itself, but it can make you think deeply into the issues it presents. Though I suppose, in the end, this all depends on what you think makes a truly "good" story. It's true that engrossing doesn't necessarily mean deep, just as deep doesn't necessarily mean engrossing. But I'd also argue that exploration does not necessarily create depth, as minimalistic approaches are sometimes much deeper than fully-blown ones.

Are you sure Grave of the Fireflies is aimed at children?

All is well.

True, but as you said yourself, by itself the work isn't as deep as it could be. As for your point that less can be better, I'd argue that not leaving anything to the audience to think over is bad, thus to an extent I agree, but in general I value in-depth exploration over minimalistic approaches. Spoon-feeding is only good when the series or game is a historical one, but most acclaimed leave some content to interpretation anyways. But yes, it is based on what we think is good, but discussing the topic was still fun.

As for grave of the fireflies, no, that one isn't aimed at kids. To correct myself, Myiazaki's movies are in general aimed at children, but very good nontheless. Look at My Neighbor Totoro or Spirited Away for an example.

I think they're arguing for the potential of the genre. Most people don't take game stories as seriously as other media. They play games for the fun, hands-on gaming.

It isn't inherently inferior. The interaction involved in games makes them a huge opportunity to pull people into a plot. It's forced to be inferior by the market, not by its own limits.

Well, yes, and I did mention myself that gaming can still evolve,I was just comparing the gaming media of nowadays to what other mediums have already achieved.

Anyway, as I mentioned before, a story being engrossing doesn't mean it is insightful or has any deeply covered thematics. One of my favorite anime, Serial Experiments Lain, was even slightly boring to watch. But the existentialist philosophy in it, not to mention its whole approach to technology made me love it nontheless.

My argument basically boils down to saying games can be just as entertaining as other media, but not as insightful due to the gameplay taking up time that could be used to further develop the story and cast. Games can be just as good, because the gameplay is unique to them, that's not what I was implying. Nightmare is right though. The whole argument is ultimately based on what we consider to be good and deep.