• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

FE6 axes don't suck when they hit, and MAN OF STEEL's skill is freaking amazingly high

And what do myrmidons, pegasus knights, and mages (Especially mages) have to do with this? MAN OF STEEL hits harder than everything except for berserkers and warriors (At least physically)

FE6 axes don't suck when they hit, and MAN OF STEEL's skill is freaking amazingly high

And what do myrmidons, pegasus knights, and mages (Especially mages) have to do with this? MAN OF STEEL hits harder than everything except for berserkers and warriors (At least physically)

Outside of FE13, I don't use mercs much. That was a list of unit types I tend to favor. And Lilina has a massive Mgc stat and targets Res, so she actually hits harder than anyone.

And there's also the fact the screenshots are from inheritance mode, so of course he won't be used over Fir, since HM inheritance Fir capped Spd at Lv 8 during John's stream. I don't like Axes (thank Nolan), so that's not a boon in my eyes. He doesn't get automatic +30 crit, placing him below Rutoga and Fir for Durandal. I'll cede the Con thing, but I tend to stay with iron weapons for their durability anyway since I arena abuse.

Why do you keep calling Rutger Rutoga? I know it was in brawl, but Gringe didn't use it in his patch, and it sounds really ugly

I can see what you mean. Neither of those two know what strength is in any of my runs though

You should still use MAN OF STEEL just to have an axe user

Though the current run I'm on (the inheritance one) Rutoga failed with Str, but Fir had buffs from Batre and Karla letting her cap it. It's not legitimate, it's a reason to use her when using the patch.

If I have to have an Axe user, I would rather have Lance because pony and irony. Not that I would want to use axes when I prefer swords, bows, and lances anyway.

The Rutoga thing is simply a matter of personal preference on my part. Sounds better to me for some reason. Also, more fun to say.

It's all right. I'll finally be able to AA Lilina and Raigh to 20/20 now, so you have the stat update to look forward to when I'm done.

Roy's slowed down a bit due to his promotion time. The biggest gamebreaker is Lugh, due to naturally capping... everything except Def and HP. Whoa. Fae can't AA, and her growths are untouched, but she's still quite good since her vanilla growths are high and she has Divinestone boosts. Wolt and Clarine are as destructive as ever, but I decided against using Klein since, by the time I got him, Wolt was vastly superior and his growths aren't as good due to prepromo parents (good prepromo parents, but their growths aren't good compared to Rebecca and Sain.)

I also started working on new supports that reference the FE7 parents.

Though the current run I'm on (the inheritance one) Rutoga failed with Str, but Fir had buffs from Batre and Karla letting her cap it. It's not legitimate, it's a reason to use her when using the patch.

If I have to have an Axe user, I would rather have Lance because pony and irony. Not that I would want to use axes when I prefer swords, bows, and lances anyway.

The Rutoga thing is simply a matter of personal preference on my part. Sounds better to me for some reason. Also, more fun to say.

Most of the time, I tend to take Mercs over Myrms because of their ability to do more damage per hit, and also be able to take more hits before dying. They also in general have much more Con, so they can wield heavier weapons, which is nice, when they gain subpar speed at least...

Dieck does have amazing Con, has great potential to use Axes later on, and is amazing right off the bat in the beginning for being able to take multiple hits and having great bases. But later on, for me anyway, he tends to slow down quite a bit due to having a lack of speed, which causes him to not only be able to double, but also be doubled by even fighters/warriors! Due to this, I tend to bench him over time in favor for Rutger/Fir, having more ranged units to make taking down high-threat targets with little injuries, or having Cavaliers due to the mounted units versatility in combat, movement speed and utility (Cav bum rushes are awesome~). I also tend to use at least Lot and/or Ward mostly, since they are decent with a support bonus relation, and having two Axe users are times are great, especially with the abundance of Lance wielding enemy units, and sword units in general getting the short end of the WT.

This is true for me even when I play without the inheritance patch, btw.

It's all right. I'll finally be able to AA Lilina and Raigh to 20/20 now, so you have the stat update to look forward to when I'm done.

Roy's slowed down a bit due to his promotion time. The biggest gamebreaker is Lugh, due to naturally capping... everything except Def and HP. Whoa. Fae can't AA, and her growths are untouched, but she's still quite good since her vanilla growths are high and she has Divinestone boosts. Wolt and Clarine are as destructive as ever, but I decided against using Klein since, by the time I got him, Wolt was vastly superior and his growths aren't as good due to prepromo parents (good prepromo parents, but their growths aren't good compared to Rebecca and Sain.)

I also started working on new supports that reference the FE7 parents.

Lugh is freaking amazing. The game is lucky I didn't buy enough Fire tombs for Lugh, or else Chapter 7 (I think that's the one with your first arena?) would have been so much easier due to Lugh's amazing Skill letting him actually consistently hit and do decent damage since most units have crap Res. I gave him that Angelic Robe too for epic Mage tankiness :D

Since I am not AA'ing for the most part...

(tried to AA on Chap. 7 only because I DIDN'T bring freaking Lockpicks for Chad and tried to earn some money to buy door/chest keys so i wouldn't have to restart the whole dreadful chapter again (didn't reset for Treck, because never would use him) but someone decided to replace the Door Keys with Lightning... (oh Merlinus, where are you when i need you? ) >L<")

I will most likely be using Klein LT as well since he has great bases, and more Snipers = epic OSKO's against fliers (I love doing tons of damage in one hit <3)

And new supports with FE7 references? Yay! :D

Most of the time, I tend to take Mercs over Myrms because of their ability to do more damage per hit, and also be able to take more hits before dying. They also in general have much more Con, so they can wield heavier weapons, which is nice, when they gain subpar speed at least...

Dieck does have amazing Con, has great potential to use Axes later on, and is amazing right off the bat in the beginning for being able to take multiple hits and having great bases. But later on, for me anyway, he tends to slow down quite a bit due to having a lack of speed, which causes him to not only be able to double, but also be doubled by even fighters/warriors! Due to this, I tend to bench him over time in favor for Rutger/Fir, having more ranged units to make taking down high-threat targets with little injuries, or having Cavaliers due to the mounted units versatility in combat, movement speed and utility (Cav bum rushes are awesome~). I also tend to use at least Lot and/or Ward mostly, since they are decent with a support bonus relation, and having two Axe users are times are great, especially with the abundance of Lance wielding enemy units, and sword units in general getting the short end of the WT.

This is true for me even when I play without the inheritance patch, btw.

Lugh is freaking amazing. The game is lucky I didn't buy enough Fire tombs for Lugh, or else Chapter 7 (I think that's the one with your first arena?) would have been so much easier due to Lugh's amazing Skill letting him actually consistently hit and do decent damage since most units have crap Res. I gave him that Angelic Robe too for epic Mage tankiness :D

Since I am not AA'ing for the most part...

(tried to AA on Chap. 7 only because I DIDN'T bring freaking Lockpicks for Chad and tried to earn some money to buy door/chest keys so i wouldn't have to restart the whole dreadful chapter again (didn't reset for Treck, because never would use him) but someone decided to replace the Door Keys with Lightning... (oh Merlinus, where are you when i need you? ) >L<")

I will most likely be using Klein LT as well since he has great bases, and more Snipers = epic OSKO's against fliers (I love doing tons of damage in one hit <3)

And new supports with FE7 references? Yay! :D

Yes, the first arena is in Chapter 7. And I've already explained my reasoning for the Lightning tome! door/Chest Keys don't even make sense logically, especially sold in shops (We have a sale on magic keys that open every door on the continent but works only once! Buy now!)

Considering that, because of AA, I had Wolt with stats twice as high as Klein at the same level and a B support with Roy, I didn't use him. I was also admittedly worried about trying to AA him since he had such low stats by comparison. He would have been a nice support for Clarine, I suppose...

Agreed on Treck, because lolTreck.

Generally I go with Rutoga or maybe Fir (Rutoga's main asset is JTA, Fir's is the extra Luck that helps her dodge more things) though with inheritance I went Fir, hands down.

There are a lot of Axe weilders early and during Western Isles, so lances aren't as great there, while swords are very good. And my last Rutoga faired fine against Lances Later since his Spd was high enough the WT didn't matter as much.

Also, you know how I said Lugh was still resident Game Breaker with inheritance? Well...

JW6eUHP.png

I haven't finished Raigh.

what

No day off for Pres day?

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

K then.

If my college does have a day off for Pres day... they didn't tell me about it lol

Unless the college is run by the government, you won't get a day off. That simple.

Yes, the first arena is in Chapter 7. And I've already explained my reasoning for the Lightning tome! door/Chest Keys don't even make sense logically, especially sold in shops (We have a sale on magic keys that open every door on the continent but works only once! Buy now!)

Considering that, because of AA, I had Wolt with stats twice as high as Klein at the same level and a B support with Roy, I didn't use him. I was also admittedly worried about trying to AA him since he had such low stats by comparison. He would have been a nice support for Clarine, I suppose...

Agreed on Treck, because lolTreck.

Generally I go with Rutoga or maybe Fir (Rutoga's main asset is JTA, Fir's is the extra Luck that helps her dodge more things) though with inheritance I went Fir, hands down.

There are a lot of Axe weilders early and during Western Isles, so lances aren't as great there, while swords are very good. And my last Rutoga faired fine against Lances Later since his Spd was high enough the WT didn't matter as much.

Also, you know how I said Lugh was still resident Game Breaker with inheritance? Well...

JW6eUHP.png

I haven't finished Raigh.

Glacion, i wanted that Barrier staff!!! ughhhhh >L<"

JTA = Javelin Triangle Advantage? idk, but why would Rutoga have JTA? Doesn't he only use swords?

Also about the chapters with tons of axe users, I generally deploy sword units there anyway, and Cavs can use both Swords and Lances, so that's a great time to level up both Lance's and Allen's Sword rank since they are mainly using Lances anyway.

Lilina... GG FE6 :P

Edited by N7 Average Azn (Rindisu)

Glacion, i wanted that Barrier staff!!! ughhhhh >L<"

JTA = Javelin Triangle Advantage? idk, but why would Rutoga have JTA? Doesn't he only use swords?

Also about the chapters with tons of axe users, I generally deploy sword units there anyway, and Cavs can use both Swords and Lances, so that's a great time to level up both Lance's and Allen's Sword rank since they are mainly using Lances anyway.

Lilina... GG FE6 :P

It's not my fault you forgot Lockpicks!

JTA stands for Join Time Advantage. You get Rutoga earlier.

I mainly have them use swords (in case you haven't figured this out yet, I have a preference for Swords do to their accuracy). Generally, anything that can use swords will use swords in my playthroughs. I once had Shanna S rank them.

All thanks to the fact Lyn give incredible inheritance boosts.

It's not my fault you forgot Lockpicks!

JTA stands for Join Time Advantage. You get Rutoga earlier.

I mainly have them use swords (in case you haven't figured this out yet, I have a preference for Swords do to their accuracy). Generally, anything that can use swords will use swords in my playthroughs. I once had Shanna S rank them.

All thanks to the fact Lyn give incredible inheritance boosts.

*mumbles* ...needed those Door Keys... *mumbles*

Iron Swords are so weak in HM though! ><

*mumbles great things about Lyn*

*mumbles* ...needed those Door Keys... *mumbles*

Iron Swords are so weak in HM though! ><

*mumbles great things about Lyn*

Not if you hadn't forgotton lockpicks.

Do you want me to buff their Mgt or somethin'?

There are a lot of nice things about Lyn. Being the mother and reason for goodness of that Lilina is one of them. She's not as good as Eli, but better than Hector, IMO.

Woooow Julius... is the Book of Naga's bonus effect still a factor?

Edited by Glaceon Mage