• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

About time travel in Fe A btw, to keep it very short

Due to multiple timelines existing both Grima and Lucina can travel to the past without creating any paradox, as them interacting with anything switches the timeline, yet keeps the original one intact as a separate dimension.

Multiverse is terrible, it just lets people do whatever they want to characters and still continue milking them with no holes

See American comic book industry

If it is abused

As a concept by itself it is not bad, that's yoi being biased there m8

Multiverses can be used to explore enviromental effects on individual, and would thus be great for a psychological series

Milking is another factor, that isn't necessarily there in every multiverse story

See steins; gate

If the concept is milked in the comic book industry, too bad for that then

This is Japan, and fe

A fe with a bad story, but still

Edited by Battora

Multiverse is terrible, it just lets people do whatever they want to characters and still continue milking them with no holes

See American comic book industry

I think that is more of a problem of them just going on forever with them, time travel and stuff can be cool if done in a more concise manner (see stiens gate :)) but when it takes it to extremes and gets so convoluted it loses its effect.

lol ninja'd

Edited by metalsnowman3

I think that is more of a problem of them just going on forever with them, time travel and stuff can be cool if done in a more concise manner (see stiens gate :)) but when it takes it to extremes and gets so convoluted it loses its effect.

lol ninja'd

Even the same example *high five*

How are they stupid, besides the wander into the forest in the middle of the night?

The people of Daein are not mentioned in Part 3. Their worship of her is justified in Part 1 because she literally saves them from a life of oppression.

"It doesn't matter if we go to war or not, our people are going to die."

"What should we do?"

"Lets go to war anyway."

"I have no objections."

There are soldiers though who actually want to go to war(the fuck?).

That doesn't change the fact that no one seems to object to the war.

Then there's shit like setting up the fact that she has these powers which is a plot point that doesn't really go anywhere, and the fact that by the end of the game I didn't the feeling that she matured as a character at all.

"It doesn't matter if we go to war or not, our people are going to die."

"What should we do?"

"Lets go to war anyway."

"I have no objections."

There are soldiers though who actually want to go to war(the fuck?).

That doesn't change the fact that no one seems to object to the war.

Then there's shit like setting up the fact that she has these powers which is a plot point that doesn't really go anywhere, and the fact that by the end of the game I didn't the feeling that she matured as a character at all.

First one was a sadistic choice. Either way the result is the same.

Second I don't remember. Source script, please. Even if it is true, it's unrelated to Micaiah herself.

Again, unrelated to Micaiah herself. She didn't have a choice.

Fourth is a fair point.

I'm trying to remember the last instance of time travel done right I've seen

I liked the way KHR did it

I watched it a while ago but unless my memory derped

It was very controlled

Rock- Chrom

Water- Eirika

Electric- Hector

Grass- Lyn

Poison- Micaiah

Psychic- Celica

Fire- Roy

Ground- Leif

Eliwood- Ice

Alm- Fighting

Sigurd- Ghost

Ephraim- Dragon

Champion- Marth

Player - Robin

Rival - Seliph

I'm trying to remember the last instance of time travel done right I've seen

Glac what was tge last list of Fire Emblem Pokémon League

Watch steins gate

By the way, if you guys are up for some discussion, here's something I sent to Anon once:

First off, time travel is entirely possible with the multiverse theory. If multiple words exist, time travel works without any issues. Assume I travelled back to 1914 as an example. I did travel back into time, HOWEVER, as soon as I make a single step outside, I 'switch' universe. My existence in the past causes the world to take a different route. Still, the universe I came from doesn't cease to exist, it's just that I entered another universe. As such, regardless of what I do, it won't cause a paradox.That is not what I thought about however. I came to doubt the supposed paradoxes in time travel without the multiverse theory. See, suppose I killed Hitler. A common paradox now is that if he dies, I don't have any purpose of traveling into the past anymore, thus I don't do it, thus he isn't killed and so on. My problem with this is, why is everyone assuming that I'd lose my memory? The paradox only works if the time traveller disappears in the past, and so the I that is yet to be born has no motivation to travel in the past.Nothing dictates that the time traveller I does disappear however. See, the moment I travel back into time, the previous world ceases to exist. Such is necessary (If I enter the past world, it stops being like it was supposed to be + quantum theory's randomness makes it impossible to travek back to the future, because it is uncertain) but this doesn't necessarily imply a multiverse theory. Rather, there is only one world, but I destroyed all that happens after a certain point in time, and thus the world continues from that single point. As such, why would I lose my memory in the new world? I am not the 'I' that is yet to be born, because the new 'I' won't be born under the same conditions, thus its memories influencing mine seems impossible the way I look at it. The time traveller I still exists, thus preventing a paradox to take place.If you aren't sure about what I said, just ask and I'll elaborate. Tbh, it feels weird going against common explanations such as the time travel paradox..."

To elaborate, yes, the notion that if I destroy the future I lose my memories crossed my mind too, but that is an assumption, and there isno real physical law that dictates my losing my memory or my suddenly stooing to exist. Another reason is, the world doesn't allow paradoxes to take place. Time travel is possible, physics laws dictate that, but in case multiverse theory is wrong, the universe must have laws that prevent a time traveller from disrupting the universe's coherence...

As such, I'm troubled. Am I to go for the paradox notion because it is a natural assumption, or am I to go with what I said?

Point out any flaws if you find them, as my thoughts are likely to be incorrect