• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

YEAH GO FOR IT

Who needs enemies?

I do believe I may own some of them, but never read, sadly. I'm a little behind on literature...

I haven't read Dracula, so we're even (I guess).

Looking for something specific? I really enjoyed Frankenstein and Dracula...but you might have already read them!

I've read Frankenstein, but haven't read Dracula..hm. Maybe that!

Though I'm not looking for anything specific atm

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
The Magicians by Lev Grossman
The Giver by Lois Lowry
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

Ah thanks Makaze! Seems like a couple of people recommended Grossman's book as well.

Is it a good read?

Ah thanks Makaze! Seems like a couple of people recommended Grossman's book as well.

Is it a good read?

Very. It's one of the few books I own.

I haven't read Dracula, so we're even (I guess).

Do iiiiiiit.

And The Transcendent Theosophy in the Four Journeys of the Intellect too.

It's an amazing book! All the things sourced from it don't really do it justice tbqh.

But hmmmmm...have you read Gulliver's Travels and The Invisible Man as well? I'm having a hard time remembering other stuff I've read. :c

I'd recommend what I recommended to Makaze in strikethrough too but I'm not sure if you're into that!

Edited by Nightmare

Do iiiiiiit.

And The Transcendent Theosophy in the Four Journeys of the Intellect too.

It's an amazing book! All the things sourced from it don't really do it justice tbqh.

But hmmmmm...have you read Gulliver's Travels and The Invisible Man as well? I'm having a hard time remembering other stuff I've read. :c

I need to finish Let the Right One In first.

Very. It's one of the few books I own.

Ah alrighty, will give that one a read if I can find it in the bookstore.

I'd recommend what I recommended to Makaze in strikethrough too but I'm not sure if you're into that!

Is it really? I shall give it a try if that is the case!

I've read Gulliver's Travels but The Invisible Man is a new one. That's..I think the one by H.G. Wells. Concept sounds interesting though o:

So what is The Transcendent Theosophy in the Four Journeys of the Intellect about?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what

Yeah, uh, about that...

Actually, I did consider trying out a DQ game. Once. No idea why I didn't, really

You should.

They are all really good.

Of the ones I've played...

IV: Relatively easy until the Marquis de León. He is a major difficulty jump, be warned.

V: Probably has the best plot in the series, despite the minor waifuism. Plus it has Henry, Madchen, and Parry. And you catch monsters.

VI: My favorite. It has a two world gimmick, which is very fun and quite similar to ALttP's Light/Dark worlds. It also introduced a new type of class system, which is fun to fool around with.

VII: Is very hard and long, and is more broken into distinct levels than most games in the series. It reuses VI's system for classes, which is just as fun as VI. However, its official translation is generally inferior to the other ones I've played, likely due to age.

VIII: The overworld plays more like OoT than traditional DQ, and it also has a great plot. However, it has a major difficulty bump around Dhoulmagus. It introduced the very interesting skill point system.

IX: I actually started the series with this one, despite the lacking plot. Its gameplay combines DQIII's class system with DQVIII's skill system, creating infinite ways to build your units.

Is it really? I shall give it a try if that is the case!

I've read Gulliver's Travels but The Invisible Man is a new one. That's..I think the one by H.G. Wells. Concept sounds interesting though o:

So what is The Transcendent Theosophy in the Four Journeys of the Intellect about?

Please do! It's much more subtle about its terror, so that is very enjoyable, and it's written as a series of journal entries and letters which makes it very interesting to read, especially since it's done so well.

Very interesting indeed. And quite short too, as Wells' works tended to be.

It's one of the most important works by Mulla Sadra, prominent Iranian philosopher. It covers a variety of subjects, mostly those discussed in Islam. It would be a different flavour, certainly! Which also reminds me of 1001 Nights...have you read that too?

Edited by Nightmare

I wish I could help

but I'm not a certified laziness curer 8[

but you are certified in /something/!

You should.

They are all really good.

Of the ones I've played...

IV: Relatively easy until the Marquis de León. He is a major difficulty jump, be warned.

V: Probably has the best plot in the series, despite the minor waifuism. Plus it has Henry, Madchen, and Parry. And you catch monsters.

VI: My favorite. It has a two world gimmick, which is very fun and quite similar to ALttP's Light/Dark worlds. It also introduced a new type of class system, which is fun to fool around with.

VII: Is very hard and long, and is more broken into distinct levels than most games in the series. It reuses VI's system for classes, which is just as fun as VI. However, its official translation is generally inferior to the other ones I've played, likely due to age.

VIII: The overworld plays more like OoT than traditional DQ, and it also has a great plot. However, it has a major difficulty bump around Dhoulmagus. It introduced the very interesting skill point system.

IX: I actually started the series with this one, despite the lacking plot. Its gameplay combines DQIII's class system with DQVIII's skill system, creating infinite ways to build your units.

I see. Definitely will consider this when deciding which one to play

(but focus on golden sun so I can bother you for help)

I'm a self proclaimed Golden Sun master, you could always bug me! But yeah, I recommend it too. That's like...two recommendations!

DQIX is pretty good

not gonna lie

always wanted to play DQVIII

Dragon Quest IX was OK, but it kind of bored me after a while. I heard Dragon Quest VIII was one of the best ones, up there with Dragon Quest IV/V.

Edited by Refa