• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Glaceon, supports just make a unit even more OP. :P Even if we supported, we'd both still be murderfacing everything. Crits don't matter unless you're fishing for one.

Ice is completely defensive, except for a small hit boost.

It may have no crit, but Anima at leadt has +attack.

When you manage to make a Str cursed Rebecca/Mgc cursed Erk one-round everything (flashily) with the crit boost from a Wil/Nino support, you learn how much you need it. My current Lyn also struggles without her AWil and BEliwood (Had to for him) since her Str is terrible this time.

Plus they're fun to watch.

Ice is completely defensive, except for a small hit boost.

It may have no crit, but Anima at leadt has +attack.

When you manage to make a Str cursed Rebecca/Mgc cursed Erk one-round everything (flashily) with the crit boost from a Wil/Nino support, you learn how much you need it. My current Lyn also struggles without her AWil and BEliwood (Had to for him) since her Str is terrible this time.

Plus they're fun to watch.

Crit is so unreliable, though.

Outside of Rutger/Clarine/Dieck, I'd take Attack over it.

Edited by Your Mother

Well I'm Amina, so a boost in attack is helpful.

And when you play Link Arena on this forum, Attack/Defense/Crit Evade/Evade boosting supports are key. Crit boosting supports aren't really needed unless you're a gambler.

Crit is so unreliable, though.

Outside of Rutger/Clarine/Dieck, I'd take Attack over it.

The complete lack of Luck in Morphs make at least Swordmaster criticals pretty reliable in FE7 even with the lower crit bonus when compared to FE6

you can even get to 100 crit with the helo of Thor Ire

I usually talk about supports in lategame context, since that's when they're most relevant in game.

A 25+ chance of crit is a pretty big deal, since it's one RN at a point where you generally have so much hit, partially from supports, that the 'miss' skew on crits is either tiny or nonexistant. It's not like an enemy zerker's natural boost, since they tend to lack Skl. Crit evade is barely an issue late-game since your units normally are lucky enough to cancel out enemy crit. Attack can be useful, but that requires a +attack affinity. C and A will never give a non+Attk affinity char an attack boost, and same for Def. Enemy Hit/Avoid is lol lategame since your units are generally too OP for 'em, so there goes Avoid, Def, and Hit. Their Def is an issue, but Critting normally brings up damage enough to ORKO a normal enemy.

In my eyes:

Crit>Atk>Avd>Hit>Def>Dodge

The complete lack of Luck in Morphs make at least Swordmaster criticals pretty reliable in FE7 even with the lower crit bonus when compared to FE6

you can even get to 100 crit with the helo of Thor Ire

There's only one problem with this.

Swordmasters in FE7:

Guy - Mediocre. Can be decent, specially in HHM, due to his bonus, but I can name 15 better units in that game.

Karel - LOL Karel. I'd rather take Harken.

Karla - No way I'm using Bartre. Terrible stats, as well

first we finish the support list

also, glac. I remember you once attempted to make a ptach with Lance Eliwood?

To this day I still don't get why eliwood doesn't use lances in his base class.

A lord with axes, one with swords and one with lances would be far more interesting, and I'd use all the three of them at the same time more times.

I'm using the three at the same time in my current file for the first time, since I've played FE7 for the first time.

Edited by Your Mother

Of the units I used last FE7 playthrough, Guy and Canas got cut from Endgame for being so suck and the fact I never worked on getting them supports. Guy had like 12 Str.

Lyn has a better STR growth than Guy lol

People complain about growths in FE6, but just compare Rutger to Guy, the former has way better bases and similar growths, with the exception of SPD, which doesn't matter at all, since both cap it early.

That said, he is comparatively decent in HHM, at least the few chapters after his recruitment.

Edited by Your Mother