• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Am I the only one that isn't too hot about paid Character DLC? I personally find that the current roster is pretty good and I feel like having to pay for getting new characters(which are a pretty big deal IMO) after the game's release is kinda meh. I guess for now, only Mewtwo has been announced and I'll get it for free.

(I think Valve had the best model there is. Dota 2 is free and new characters and balance update are constantly made at no cost. All the game's profit comes from people buying cosmetic items. TF2 has pretty much the same model.)

I am mostly hoping for some characters *cough*ROY and VAATI*cough* because I do have a few problems with the roster as is (namely, the ridiculous Mario repping even if it's the flagship franchise of Nintendo, two FE13 reps when there are six FE games with nada (2, 4-8), Charizard kept of all the PT Pokémon (tier listing the three of them actually ranks Squirtle as the best) etc.)

So it's mainly a last shred of hope to some people.

DLC in its entirety is bad, no one type of DLC is exempt.

It's a good idea for when developers run out of time/budget during development but want to add extra content nevertheless. Then you get that extra content in DLC form, the quality of that content notwithstanding.

That it's being executed badly in recent times is another thing.

IMO the episodes dlc for gta 4 was actually worth it. Anything else can't think of.

EDIT: I actually heard blood dragon expansion for far cry 3 was also cool although i haven't played it myself.

Edited by Junk

idk MK8 DLC adding 50% more content to the game for like 1/4th or 1/5th the price is pretty legit

This is good DLC. What Capcom did for those I think 4 characters in MvC3 was pretty terrible, and is an example of bad DLC

Edited by DodgeDusk

then we have fe adding 10% of content for more than the game's full price

Yep, 20 dollars more than than full price.

I think if DLC, because we know it's not going anywhere anytime soon, ever nears or exceeds the price of the original game, that's bullshit and you're doing something very wrong.