• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

o: you get me

but as far as the swooning thing goes, a couples of guys here and someone not from this thread kept pointing how cute she was

How have you been, how's classes, I sure you've been asked several times already?

o: I'd give you some candy if I could.

Oh, good luck with Sen 2 <w<

You like red-haired girls. Of course I get you

must have been a nice halloween

In regards to classes pretty okay. I spent a bunch of afternoons tutoring some classmates, but aside from that school didn't bother me much. Otherwise pretty meh, as always when I take a break. Real life happened so I didn't feel like hoarsing around here. There were some pretty good moments though, and in my free time I read some good books so there's that. I'm still the same me I suppose.

Oh, were you able to find a job while I was gone? I remember that you were searching for one

Am I wrong?

Well, I can't answer a question like this without subjective bias, but I sure hope so. It's not that following the whole story annoyed me, but rather that simply not all of the content was strictly necessary. And just as a note, with "the manga seems to be" I was referring to what I've heard from several acquaintances who read the manga. I watched the anime, and in turn was curious about the manga, although people told me it had unnecessary parts in it, more so than the anime. I still loved the anime, but even in that there were scenes that ultimately failed to enhance the plot.

A story is perfect not when there is nothing to add, but when there is nothing to take away from it anymore. Or so I like to think

You like red-haired girls. Of course I get you

must have been a nice halloween

In regards to classes pretty okay. I spent a bunch of afternoons tutoring some classmates, but aside from that school didn't bother me much. Otherwise pretty meh, as always when I take a break. Real life happened so I didn't feel like hoarsing around here. There were some pretty good moments though, and in my free time I read some good books so there's that. I'm still the same me I suppose.

Oh, were you able to find a job while I was gone? I remember that you were searching for one

>W>

yep but no candy >_<

Oh, I remember that, you mentioned at a point you were tutoring, I think. I get that, you gotta put your real life matters first, I had a feeling that was the case so I didn't wonder too much, just if you were all right... and what books though?

Nah, I'm still coming up short, I just recently had an interview, so I'm holding my breath for now.

Well, I can't answer a question like this without subjective bias, but I sure hope so. It's not that following the whole story annoyed me, but rather that simply not all of the content was strictly necessary. And just as a note, with "the manga seems to be" I was referring to what I've heard from several acquaintances who read the manga. I watched the anime, and in turn was curious about the manga, although people told me it had unnecessary parts in it, more so than the anime. I still loved the anime, but even in that there were scenes that ultimately failed to enhance the plot.

A story is perfect not when there is nothing to add, but when there is nothing to take away from it anymore. Or so I like to think

I can respect that, but you should actually read the manga before making that kind of judgment.

For example, I subjectively prefer subs and recommend them explicitly. However it would not be fair of me to criticize a particular dub on hearsay.

A story is perfect when both are true. If you can think of a way to improve it, it must be lacking content or elegance.

Edited by Makaze

>W>

yep but no candy >_<

Oh, I remember that, you mentioned at a point you were tutoring, I think. I get that, you gotta put your real life matters first, I had a feeling that was the case so I didn't wonder too much, just if you were all right... and what books though?

Nah, I'm still coming up short, I just recently had an interview, so I'm holding my breath for now.

Did you dish out tricks at least?

In two subjects usually. But hey, I do it because I want to help so

No worries there, as of now I'm alright. Finished a bunch of books from Hesse, one or two from Nietzsche, and am currently reading 'Beyond good and evil'

Oh, wish you good luck with that

I can respect that, but you should actually read the manga before making that kind of judgment.For example, I subjectively prefer subs and recommend them explicitly. However it would not be fair of me to criticize a particular dub on hearsay.A story is perfect when both are true. If you can think of a way to improve it, it must be lacking content or elegance.

I did say 'seems' just in case to avoid unnecessary confusion, but I suppose I should have been clear on that from the beginning.

Let us just say I considered said people rather trustworthy, as most I discuss with are part of a critic blog, and I found myself generally agreeing with their opinion. I simply meant to give a 'warning' in a way, as Monster has more subplots than the average show.

I wonder if I can agree with that. I don't see a reason to criticize a work for that which it is not, I much rather prefer criticizing a work for what it is. If a plot device is used in an absurd or overly unconvincing way, then it is something that should be removed or altered in it. But criticizing a comedy for not being, say, philosophical is nonsensical to me. But I suppose you are talking about the amount of exposition a particular isssue gets in a series, in which case I'd agree. If a plot makes no sense due to lacking clarification, adding information would be necessary to perfect it. But strictly speaking about adding new thematics or sub-plots etc, I'd be inclined to disagree. There is always something you can yet add to the story, whereas not everything can be taken away without destroying the structure of the plot

That raises the question of where one story ends and another begins. A thought provoking question.

I have a friend who believes that any story with a bad ending is simply an incomplete story, because a story's tragedy or comedy depends on when you end it.

Edited by Makaze

Did you dish out tricks at least?

In two subjects usually. But hey, I do it because I want to help so

No worries there, as of now I'm alright. Finished a bunch of books from Hesse, one or two from Nietzsche, and am currently reading 'Beyond good and evil'

Oh, wish you good luck with that

o:... I failed to do that... not good

What were they, was one of them math?

Ahh, I haven't heard of Hesse, but how are Nietzche's books?

Thanks, hopefully this one actually goes well.