• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Speaking of Klain, apparently he's the "Ebola response coordinator." Huh.

The FE13 names are bad anyway

Why change Percival

Lol, you picked out the one instance where the "change" really affects nothing.

It's an alternate spelling of the same name, and it's pronounced the same way. It's not a big deal.

not all of the name changes were because of official names from what i remember tho :v

Yeah I think some were changed to be more reflective of how they're pronounced in Japanese?

Also, I think Zealot was changed to Jerrot because the character in question didn't really seem like much of a "zealot."

Speaking of Klain, apparently he's the "Ebola response coordinator." Huh.

Lol, you picked out the one instance where the "change" really affects nothing.

It's an alternate spelling of the same name, and it's pronounced the same way. It's not a big deal.

... That was the whole point

There was no reason to change it

... That was the whole point

There was no reason to change it

Except they didn't even actually change it. NoJ spells his name Perceval. I don't see why NoA should be beholden to the decisions made in an unofficial fan translation of one of their old games.

People do care about it, lol. It wouldn't have the support it had throughout its development otherwise. And people (myself included) do recommend it. Though, I am curious, what name got unnecessarily changed, in your opinion?

I'm guessing you didn't see where it was redirected to pointless?

There was just a talk about one, Klein > Klain, and before anyone tries to pull the "lol, old name card", something being meaningless is not something being hated.

It's intention was to never improve the actual story the Japanese version of the game portrayed; only to improve the quality of writing of the older translation patch. There's no reason to use it over the older translation, unless you, for whatever reason--or anybody else--has some sort of attachment to the older names (which honestly aren't huge. Biggest one that comes to mind is Oujay being changed to Ogier). And no, this isn't me being condescending; I use the older translation patch for FE4 because I prefer Tiltyu over Talito. Well, that, and I'm lazy

If the characters got official names, the official names should be used. It's as simple as that (I know I might come off as a bit hypocritical because of the Tiltyu thing, but if FE4 got a new translation patch for it any time soon, I'd push Talito. I just prefer Tiltyu). The story itself didn't get changed in this patch, I don't think

The balance patch is something separate; you can play his translation patch and not have the growths or bases of characters modified

Hold on there, I never said it was supposed to improve the story, I said to touch it up were it needed, with the underlined, you're putting words in my mouth and then saying what I just did in different words.

I don't believe that at all though, I personally believe if a jp game got a patch then some localisation changes happened to a few things relevant to that game, I see no reason to change it, let the patch stay unique in that regard I say, even if it's different from the "norm", it's not obligated to follow localisations at all and if it does, fine.

I see, then what I heard was that it was compatible with Gringe's patch and thought he made it too.

more like in the name of making the script actually good and not boring and awkward.

I can't believe anyone thought "human-not-human" was okay in the old patch. >_>

I don't like all of the name changes, but they're worth it for the much improved script.

That's what I was saying, if it touched it up, then it's fine.