• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

That poor dachshund...

As far as I've read (when I looked into them after getting my own) it's worse for dachshunds to get fat than it normally would be for dogs because of their long backs and the way their ribs are set up or something... it's more easy for them to break under strain ;~;

An acquaintance of mine has an incredibly fat wiener dog that doesn't seem to get any thinner despite the fact that he goes on walks very frequently. kinda like me...

Your dog looks very nice now.

Edited by Knight

That poor dachshund...

As far as I've read (when I looked into them after getting my own) it's worse for dachshunds to get fat than it normally would be for dogs because of their long backs and the way their ribs are set up or something... it's more easy for them to break under strain ;~;

It is. I heard that it's really easy for them to have back problems, which is why everyone in my house really spoils ours, always helping him get up and down place

I mean, he's a 13 year old dog, we have to spoil him as much as possible =)

Edited by Nobody

It is. I heard that it's really easy for them to have back problems, which is why everyone in my house really spoils ours, always helping him get up and down place

I mean, he's a 13 year old dog, we have to spoil him as much as possible =)

So do I ^o^

Of course I spoil anybody I love but yeah when we need to go on too many stairs during hikes I'll carry him down/up them sometimes~ Mostly the particularly steep ones

BUT YEAH even more reason at that age~! Mine's still about 4 years old