• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Ah, yes, yes I am hungry indeed.

I will be the one to push the button if the time comes, I want this to be our very last resort. o7

Hehe :3

I... Alright. I'm sorry it came to this Sol. But no matter what comes after, know that you won't be facing it alone. (;^;)7

i love how most of this threads regular members are on anonymous

of course except glac, shin, lux and other dudes i cant remember

I'm so often online without posting that being anonymous wouldn't change a lot IMO

Back from my drama watching. Feels all around. Things were threatened to be thrown. Thankfully, there was ultimately no need to throw things. For now. >_>

That sounds like a pretty interesting concept.

As far as I know, there aren't obvious spoilers because so few people have played the game and tons of people have played OoT and TP. And you may change your opinion on side-quest when you play the game. I find them boring to watch, but they're more fun to do since they help build the world and they encourage you to explore the vast areas the game offers. Also, you often complete them just by progressing normally if you take the time to accept the quest. And they make it so that you don't have to grind enemies pointlessly by granting a good lot of EXP and gear.

I never really payed attention to the stats and only discovered they mattered years after XD

Oh believe me, it is......and goddamn that ending tonight. Now I have to wait a whole 'nother week to see what happens next. DX

Hmm, maybe it'll be different when I actually play it. I find the combat and gem system to be a little confuzzling as well....but no grinding is always a plus. I do enough of that in FE and Pokemon.

I'm Puerto Rican, but no hablo espanol

I have found my brethren on this site at last~! :D

The sister i never had!

Finally!

Back from my drama watching. Feels all around. Things were threatened to be thrown. Thankfully, there was ultimately no need to throw things. For now. >_>

Drama's are serious stuff

Edited by Vibe

Oh believe me, it is......and goddamn that ending tonight. Now I have to wait a whole 'nother week to see what happens next. DX

Hmm, maybe it'll be different when I actually play it. I find the combat and gem system to be a little confuzzling as well....but no grinding is always a plus. I do enough of that in FE and Pokemon.

Throwing things around? That sounds like things got pretty srs

I really liked the combat system once I got to know it and the game makes has plenty of tutorial slides that explain things such as Break, Topple and Daze. I honestly didn't bother with gems on my first playthrough and I don't think I had any issues. There only really necessary against some optional high level enemy. But there's some pretty good guide about gems on the internet and it's pretty easy to grasp once you look into it. And I remember I skipped side-quest in my first playthrough and ended up grinding. In my current playthrough, I decided to do all the quests I could and I never had to grind outside of that. I even ended up over-leveled (for comparison, Chugga's team is around 50-51 at Sword Valley. Mine is 51-52 after the events on Prison Island.

The sister i never had!

Finally!

Drama's are serious stuff

X3

Yes, indeed. They're as serious investments to me as most anime/books/other types of storytelling media.

Throwing things around? That sounds like things got pretty srs

I really liked the combat system once I got to know it and the game makes has plenty of tutorial slides that explain things such as Break, Topple and Daze. I honestly didn't bother with gems on my first playthrough and I don't think I had any issues. There only really necessary against some optional high level enemy. But there's some pretty good guide about gems on the internet and it's pretty easy to grasp once you look into it. And I remember I skipped side-quest in my first playthrough and ended up grinding. In my current playthrough, I decided to do all the quests I could and I never had to grind outside of that. I even ended up over-leveled (for comparison, Chugga's team is around 50-51 at Sword Valley. Mine is 51-52 after the events on Prison Island.

Its a figure of speech, but sometimes when things aren't going the way I want in the story, I really do feel like throwing things at the screen. Gah, and it was such a good episode....then dat ending... have to wait another week.....don't know how I willl.....and I finished The Princess's Man tonight, which also wanted to make me throw things the way they threatened to kill off the remaining characters, but they saved it in the last 5 minutes, so I'm content with that at least. /end rant

Well, Chuggaa did say that he was purposely only doing enough sidequests to keep him relatively even with the current difficulty level; but I never have a problem with being overleveled in RPGs since it means I can get to the story stuff faster. Too many times I've struggled with being underleveled in a game because I insist on moving the story along to see what happens next.

X3

Yes, indeed. They're as serious investments to me as most anime/books/other types of storytelling media.

Its a figure of speech, but sometimes when things aren't going the way I want in the story, I really do feel like throwing things at the screen. Gah, and it was such a good episode....then dat ending... have to wait another week.....don't know how I willl.....and I finished The Princess's Man tonight, which also wanted to make me throw things the way they threatened to kill off the remaining characters, but they saved it in the last 5 minutes, so I'm content with that at least. /end rant

Well, Chuggaa did say that he was purposely only doing enough sidequests to keep him relatively even with the current difficulty level; but I never have a problem with being overleveled in RPGs since it means I can get to the story stuff faster. Too many times I've struggled with being underleveled in a game because I insist on moving the story along to see what happens next.

I can get pretty invested in stories, but I don't remember ever feeling like throwing things at the screen (cause that would break the screen and I kinda don't want that to happen)

This is exactly what happened to me the first time I played through the game. I did barely any side-quests and just rushed from one story event to the next. I remember having such a hard time against some bossed because I was underleveled and I dreaded having to fight them in my replay only to find out that my better knowledge of the battle system as well as me doing some quests to get some level made most bosses pretty easy (the only times I died is when random level 90 monster decides to butt in my battles or when I jumped from to high up)

And I think Chugga mentioned this, but one of the thing I like about the battle system is that every party member feels different and can fit in various roles (though some have a more predominant one, like Sharla who is the game's most dedicated healer)

Edited by LuxSpes

X3

:D

Except from what i've seen from most dramas, they really enjoy toying with the viewers

sometimes on sadistic levels >_>

Edited by Vibe

Hmm, I suppose I just tend to get more violent tendencies when I'm invested. For some reason I believe throwing stuff at the screen will change things; the same way I want to throw money at a screen when I want something in it and nothing happens.... *le sigh*

Such is life.....if only the stories weren't so good, I'd actually focus on the gameplay more the first time around.

:D

Except from what i've seen from most dramas, they really enjoy toying with the viewers

sometimes on sadistic levels >_>

Hmm, which ones have you watched? I watch mainly Korean dramas and occasional Taiwanese one myself, which have their own distinct flavors, especially the good ones; American dramas, and telenovelas are too boring for me in comparison. Kinda like the difference between mediocre cartoons and anime.

Hmm, which ones have you watched? I watch mainly Korean dramas and occasional Taiwanese one myself, which have their own distinct flavors, especially the good ones; American dramas, and telenovelas are too boring for me in comparison. Kinda like the difference between mediocre cartoons and anime.

not any really, but i have seen enough of those fangirl posts on like tumblr or something that show how.... invested they are in the story

and the hilarious reactions when things turn different than what was hoped

Hmm, I suppose I just tend to get more violent tendencies when I'm invested. For some reason I believe throwing stuff at the screen will change things; the same way I want to throw money at a screen when I want something in it and nothing happens.... *le sigh*

Such is life.....if only the stories weren't so good, I'd actually focus on the gameplay more the first time around.

Imagine if you could hit the actors with cushion through the screen when something you dislike happen.

My philosophy on games is that on the first playthrough, I focus on the story, and on subsequent playthrough, I focus on the gameplay

not any really, but i have seen enough of those fangirl posts on like tumblr or something that show how.... invested they are in the story

and the hilarious reactions when things turn different than what was hoped

Heh, that's typically the reactions most people get from being invested in any story, just that fangirls tend to be more louder and melodramatic about it. It is always good for a laugh, but occasionally I do feel their pain. ^^

Imagine if you could hit the actors with cushion through the screen when something you dislike happen.

My philosophy on games is that on the first playthrough, I focus on the story, and on subsequent playthrough, I focus on the gameplay

Ooooph, if only! Then I'd hit that that one creepy creeper in Pinocchio who's creeping about the place and smiling...creepily.....don't like that guy one bit....but on second thought, I might hit the wonderful Lee Jong Suk accidentally in the same scenes, and I can't possibly hit that poor adorable puppy ever. It's illegal to be that cute and utterly sweet in every drama I've seen him in. X3

/end fan ranting (don't worry, I promise this time) XD

That's typically a good philosophy to have; it just bites me all time because then I have bad memories about struggling through a game.

And now I'd best go to sleep. Have early work tomorrow and Pokemon/Smash to look forward to! And I have to finalize my team....

Heh, that's typically the reactions most people get from being invested in any story, just that fangirls tend to be more louder and melodramatic about it. It is always good for a laugh, but occasionally I do feel their pain. ^^

Ooooph, if only! Then I'd hit that that one creepy creeper in Pinocchio who's creeping about the place and smiling...creepily.....don't like that guy one bit....but on second thought, I might hit the wonderful Lee Jong Suk accidentally in the same scenes, and I can't possibly hit that poor adorable puppy ever. It's illegal to be that cute and utterly sweet in every drama I've seen him in. X3

/end fan ranting (don't worry, I promise this time) XD

That's typically a good philosophy to have; it just bites me all time because then I have bad memories about struggling through a game.

And now I'd best go to sleep. Have early work tomorrow and Pokemon/Smash to look forward to! And I have to finalize my team....

That was quite a fan rant. Not that there's anything wrong with that. My last few posts contained a good amount of XC fan-boying.

In the case of games with difficulty, I often end up playing it on the easiest setting my first time just to enjoy the story. For XC's case, at one point, I started doing side-quests because of the completionist in me and I was tired of lagging behind in level (furthermore, there's some Monado arts and skill trees that are exclusive to quests)

And good night! I'll head off to bed as well so that tomorrow comes sooner (Smash/ORAS/job hype!)

Night Silva

actually, i'm heading to bed too

night dudes

Night Shock

(though I'm quite late for both these 'good nights'

Edited by LuxSpes