• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Woah

Blackfriday/Cybermonday shopping

Found deals at BestBuy for Samsung Galaxy S5 for $1 with a 2 year contract from major phone co.s

What's the catch?

The full retail price is split among your monthly payment plan

So the black friday deal is...costing you more for the phone in the long run

That's what those 'discounts' often hope to achieve. People see something that looks cheap or priced down, buy it, without realizing it will cost them more in the long run.

The idea of getting a high-end smartphone with a payment plan rather than a flat 600+ fee at startup is nice; i see the angle that they're going for, but I miss the days where you sign up for a Verizon line and get a free This or That phone. This year has very few of these option (limited to the HTC One (HK Edition)) which isn't that great aside from sound quality and free $80 earbuds that don't fit about 1/2 of the ears they're inserted to, and the Sony Xzperia something through Verizon, which is 'alright' considering,

but my credit is shot and I won't qualify for a Verizon plan since they already are hounding me for $1200 that they charged me after I cancelled my plan upon renewal time and refuse to pay, yet it still shows up on my credit report which f*cking sucks

Stinks too because i want an upgrade but the current droid OS doesn't allow you to save apps to alternate storage, meaning default phone storage fills up really flippin' fast. Default programs and applications + Googleupdates on their standard apps that you' can't easily remove fill up about 70% of my phone's available storage, and that's not counting simple things like Facebook. I want a new phone because i want a better camera for scoring more memories with the family, but not/that/hot deals on phone with good cameras and lame OS options for those that do mean that I am pretty much stuck in standby, pondering what the next release will be

The idea of getting a high-end smartphone with a payment plan rather than a flat 600+ fee at startup is nice; i see the angle that they're going for, but I miss the days where you sign up for a Verizon line and get a free This or That phone. This year has very few of these option (limited to the HTC One (HK Edition)) which isn't that great aside from sound quality and free $80 earbuds that don't fit about 1/2 of the ears they're inserted to, and the Sony Xzperia something through Verizon, which is 'alright' considering,

but my credit is shot and I won't qualify for a Verizon plan since they already are hounding me for $1200 that they charged me after I cancelled my plan upon renewal time and refuse to pay, yet it still shows up on my credit report which f*cking sucks

/Patpat/ It's going to be okay. The credit thing sucks though.

Black Friday isn't even a thing where I live, so I guess, count your blessings?