• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Fine. I find the topic I made yesterday's Tyrfing vs. Ragnell debate kinda amusing.

You?

Relatively well, some issues with my tablet in the morning. Recovering slowly from my flu.

Made some awesome pancakes this morning.

Fine. I find the topic I made yesterday's Tyrfing vs. Ragnell debate kinda amusing.

Hi Tristian!

Clearly

Tyrfing is the best weapon

everything else can't measure up

Hey!

Just woke up, i'm guessing?

Hi Glac !

Hey Tenda!

Hi Glac!

Yo Breezy!

Relatively well, some issues with my tablet in the morning. Recovering slowly from my flu.

Made some awesome pancakes this morning.

PANCAKES.

Good to hear you're recovering... it's better than being stuck with it!

Never fought him before. Do you have any advice for a Gunlance user such as myself?

Oh oh oh MH3U? Don't excite me like that man I thought "what if demos get updates" "what if other monsters can spawn into the quests" ^o^

UM uhhhhh weeeelllllll don't use gunlance

Just BE CAREFUL because he is pretty fast moving and also stamina-draining and watch out for him trying to bodyslam you, try to recognize what he is doing before he's about to do that for sure (sometimes when he's enraged though he'll chain into that move). My first fight with zinogre gave me a pretty tough time since me and aiku were fighting him online and he was so fast and he kept lagging all over the place to add onto that

Speaking of enraged Zinogre if you don't know, when he starts howling and gathering his fireflies that's when he gets closer and closer to enraged. Once he reaches his third and final stage of shiny fireflyness then he'll become enraged (which he'll of course signal by roaring at you). In HIS CASE though, you have to knock him out of rage mode, keep hitting him (idk if you have to aim for his glowing body or if hitting him anywhere works?) until he falls over and all his pretty light goes away and that means he's now unenraged \o/

Oh oh oh MH3U? Don't excite me like that man I thought "what if demos get updates" "what if other monsters can spawn into the quests" ^o^

UM uhhhhh weeeelllllll don't use gunlance

Just BE CAREFUL because he is pretty fast moving and also stamina-draining and watch out for him trying to bodyslam you, try to recognize what he is doing before he's about to do that for sure (sometimes when he's enraged though he'll chain into that move). My first fight with zinogre gave me a pretty tough time since me and aiku were fighting him online and he was so fast and he kept lagging all over the place to add onto that

Speaking of enraged Zinogre if you don't know, when he starts howling and gathering his fireflies that's when he gets closer and closer to enraged. Once he reaches his third and final stage of shiny fireflyness then he'll become enraged (which he'll of course signal by roaring at you). In HIS CASE though, you have to knock him out of rage mode, keep hitting him (idk if you have to aim for his glowing body or if hitting him anywhere works?) until he falls over and all his pretty light goes away and that means he's now unenraged \o/

If the demo got updates, that would be so amazing. But alas. Speaking of the demo, I solo'd Gore Magala! Had a minute and two seconds left on that 25-minute clock!

I see, I see. Maybe I should opt for a slightly quicker weapon, like the SnS. Don't think I have one, though ;w;

So you can knock him out of rage? Sounds like Gore Magala in the demo. Can't you catch bugs off his back as well?

nah, son

it's all about waffles

we had this discussion like

this week

Luikse waffles are the only good waffles

Gaufre_liege.jpg

Edited by TheYukianesa

don't use gunlance

this basically, gunlance is my best weapon and my worst against zinogre by a good bit. if you can make gunlance evasion work it would probably be pretty good against him but i never was able to.

in general tips against zinogre:

whenever he does into charge mode fucking pound him asap and as hard as you can. the more time he spends out of rage mode, the better for you by far.

when he is in rage mode, weirdly, you really want to be more aggressive and chunk more damage onto him than normal because doing enough damage seems to be able to knock him out of rage mode, which is great for you because he falls over like a beta and you can hit him more.

he hits hard, but his moves are very telegraphed. mind the tells.

when he does the attack where he spins around and flies into the air, there's a huge hitbox on takeoff but a really tiny one on landing. abuse that!

EDIT: also are there any other weapons you're OK with? i can offer better advice for specifics...

Edited by Integrity

If the demo got updates, that would be so amazing. But alas. Speaking of the demo, I solo'd Gore Magala! Had a minute and two seconds left on that 25-minute clock!

I see, I see. Maybe I should opt for a slightly quicker weapon, like the SnS. Don't think I have one, though ;w;

So you can knock him out of rage? Sounds like Gore Magala in the demo. Can't you catch bugs off his back as well?

Yeah ^o^ But alas~ WHOA I still haven't~! But wow cutting it close

Idk how sns goes against him but that might work well!! All I know is that aiku with gunlance and me with lance reeeeaaaally doesn't match well against him

WHOA REALLY =O No wonder he was eternally enraged for me~ (it was tough for me to get near him ;u;) And yes you can catch buggies off his back when he's fallen over like a beta

Edited by Freohr Datia