Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

Yeah I did and I really hope this game has more than just Mira, cause otherwise, I don't think 5 huge areas can compare with the diversity of smaller areas in XC.

My expectations for XCX are still that's I won't like it as much as XC, based on the info we have so far.

i have a feeling that anyone expecting xenoblade 2 will be severely disappointed

that name will be their demise

and i'm not talking about being better or worse

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

all i'. expecting for XCX

it's gonna play like Xenoblade

it's landscapes and OST might be as good

but it won't be as great as Xenoblade

Pretty much this, though I'm definitely expecting the OST to not be as good. 6 persons worked on the XC OST and it's made up of 91 tracks. Apparently, the XCX OST has around the same amount of tracks, but it's all made by one composer. And while I definitely like some of Sawano's work, there's are some tracks of his that I don't particularly like and it will be hard for 1 person to match the versatility of 6 persons. Meanwhile, I can count on one hand the tracks that I don't really like in XC.

So I guess it is possible for a cat to directly break a stovetop, as long as it is made of wood, though it needs livings cat in order to cause any damage. (or an earthquake, my dad's stove was once damaged because an earthquake made the wine bottles my dad has on display fall on the stove.) Cats seems to have an obsession with pushing stuff. My cat made us lose things by pushing it behind the sofa and broke some of my mom's trinkets.

Yeah, in this case it is, since it was an inanimate cat. I would have figured the trajectory of the fall would have said decorative piece miss the stovetop but it hit it.

And I have cats who are obsessed with climbing onto the space above our stove.

Edited by Ace Tactician

i have a feeling that anyone expecting xenoblade 2 will be severely disappointed

that name will be their demise

and i'm not talking about being better or worse

I'm definitely expecting it to be different and I think I will probably really enjoy the game, but I fully expect to not enjoy it as much as XC (which I probably a good thing since that means I can be pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed because I had too much hype). The story and settings are at least interesting. The remnants of humanity stranded on an unknown planet after the Earth was destroyed is good premise in my book.

i have a feeling that anyone expecting xenoblade 2 will be severely disappointedthat name will be their demiseand i'm not talking about being better or worse

I kind of agree, except about the name being their demise.

I'm avoiding hyping it. I'll play it without expecting a game like xenoblade, and will try to enjoy it for what it is

Also, Sacred Zagamei (Giant Torta monster below Hovering Reef 9) never fails to surprise me - it's bad enough that the one stretch of land where you can mine crystals has those two super high level turtles there, but that one too???

Speaking of Xenoblade... anyone else agree that Jade Face (won't mention actual name to avoid spoilers) is a serious pain in the butt to fight?

I don't remember enough my first play through to answer that. Though he seemed like a pain from what I saw in Chugga's LP. Also, saying that Jade Face is not the actual name is a spoiler in itself.

Yeah, in this case it is, since it was an inanimate cat. I would have figured the trajectory of the fall would have said decorative piece miss the stovetop but it hit it.

And I have cats who are obsessed with climbing onto the space above our stove.

Since it was a still a cat, despite being inanimate, it tried to break something with the fall. But that wooden cat must have been pretty durable to break a steel stovetop.

My cat never managed to climb up that high thankfully. And she's more obsessed with laying down on my brother's bed than breaking things or finding a way to get above our stove.

passing that snow mountain currently

trying to make sure i'm still ahead of sophia in Xenoblade

Valak Mountain at night is probably the second most beautiful area after Satorl Marsh at night. And the music is great.

get a move on, Shulk(master)

Yeah.

I should've mentioned earlier the stovetop is made out of glass. Which I didn't know until I discovered it was cracked. And the physics still don't make sense to me.

Edited by Ace Tactician

Valak Mountain at night is probably the second most beautiful area after Satorl Marsh at night. And the music is great.

Agreed - gotta love how the scenery completely changes at night.

I kind of agree, except about the name being their demise.

I'm avoiding hyping it. I'll play it without expecting a game like xenoblade, and will try to enjoy it for what it is

Yeah, I got the feeling that Xenoblade and Xenoblade X are kinda like Final Fantasy games. They share some similar aspects, but there are still some differences between iterations.

Also, Sacred Zagamei (Giant Torta monster below Hovering Reef 9) never fails to surprise me - it's bad enough that the one stretch of land where you can mine crystals has those two super high level turtles there, but that one too???

Completely agree, I just try to jump in the sea ASAP whenever I get noticed.

also i probably won't be continuing xc until i can get my hands on a wii u and the game (haha yeah right) or a better pc since the audio gets messed up and playing a game that has the ost as one of its selling points on mute would be a crime

I'm definitely expecting it to be different and I think I will probably really enjoy the game, but I fully expect to not enjoy it as much as XC (which I probably a good thing since that means I can be pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed because I had too much hype). The story and settings are at least interesting. The remnants of humanity stranded on an unknown planet after the Earth was destroyed is good premise in my book.

i can't even really compare with xenoblade since i know little to nothing about it so all i have is that this game looks amazing \o/

from my experience (bloodborne the most recent example) no matter how much you tell yourself this is a different game you still end up comparing them

Completely agree, I just try to jump in the sea ASAP whenever I get noticed.

Oh, I didn't mention the part where you don't even see it until you get close to the shore, and then it aggros automatically when it DOES pop out. It just makes me think that Eryth Sea is the number one place in the game where just sticking your neck out wrong in the wrong area gets you killed.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Yeah.

I should've mentioned earlier the stovetop is made out of glass. Which I didn't know until I discovered it was cracked. And the physics still don't make sense to me.

That makes a bit more sense, especially since most recent stovetops are now made of glass-like surfaces. Though I guess this makes replacing the broken part more problematic if it one single glass surface, like the one I have home. You could try to re-enact what happened for the sake of science!

Agreed - gotta love how the scenery completely changes at night.

Those seemingly innocuous crystals lighting up the whole area. I like to just stare at the scenery from the highest point of the mountain and see all the beams of light.

i agree

It's official

she's moving faster than duck

imo

also i probably won't be continuing xc until i can get my hands on a wii u and the game (haha yeah right) or a better pc since the audio gets messed up and playing a game that has the ost as one of its selling points on mute would be a crime

i can't even really compare with xenoblade since i know little to nothing about it so all i have is that this game looks amazing \o/

from my experience (bloodborne the most recent example) no matter how much you tell yourself this is a different game you still end up comparing them

I am comparing them, but at least I'm not setting myself up for disappointment by expecting Xenoblade+ and being super hyped.

Oh, I didn't mention the part where you don't even see it until you get close to the shore, and then it aggros automatically when it DOES pop out. It just makes me think that Eryth Sea is the number one place in the game where just sticking your neck out wrong in the wrong area gets you killed.

Oh yeah, doesn't just pop out of the water as soon as you walk on the shore. Having a lvl 89 huge unique monster suddenly appear is a good way to make the player run away in fear.

i agree

It's official

she's moving faster than duck

imo

We are all in agreement then

You got to keep up the pace.

How fast is Duck moving?

Duck finished the game a couple of weeks ago. He got the game for Christmas IIRC

Oh yeah, doesn't just pop out of the water as soon as you walk on the shore. Having a lvl 89 huge unique monster suddenly appear is a good way to make the player run away in fear.

Yeah. And if they WERE on dry land, it'd also very likely get them killed by one of the other two turtles - they aggro you if you run.

actually lets talk about Zhang Jiao and how great the Yellow Turbans and the Heavens are

as well as like, his hair

Of course this was the best post

i am only here right now for glaceon mage okay

where is glaceon mage |:

Naturally

have to find these ruins Alvis mentioned

but theres this frozen wall covering them :/

Find the hottest place in Valak.

Yeah. And if they WERE on dry land, it'd also very likely get them killed by one of the other two turtles - they aggro you if you run.

Yeah, so you're stuck with 3 high level monsters, 1 unique and 2 sound based. You just run the hell away and hope your lead character doesn't get attacked.