Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

cut for post length

The way I might see the teacher's point of view is that while it's true that their death was due to them killing and eating the cows, the reason they ultimately died is because they ignored the warnings and foolishly slaughtered the cows. If we ask ourselves, why Odysseus' failed to save his companions it's because they ate the cows, but why did they eat the cows? Because of their own stupidity. The Greek text even emphasize this by mentioning their stupidity twice with 'blind folly' and 'fools'.

Like if you were at the scene of a car accident where the driver died, but was pissed drunk at the time, you could say that the driver died due to suddenly going from 120km/h to 0km/h or due to crashing into an obstacle, but the ultimate cause of their death was them driving carelessly under the influence of alcohol.(though I guess you could argue that it was also due to the driver's stupidity for taking the wheel after way too many drinks)

I think I'll throw in my vote with giving half a point.

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

It's pretty interesting visually and it's track a nice cybernetic feel

I did sort of expect that however, but the execution makes up for it

It has a pretty steam-punkish feeling IMO and I really like the music there.

And I recently realized by watching Chugga's LP, how spectacular the background in the next area you'll reach is.

It has a pretty steam-punkish feeling IMO and I really like the music there.

And I recently realized by watching Chugga's LP, how spectacular the background in the next area you'll reach is.

Yeah!

Exactly!

o:

oh man...

I'd say both answers would be true on a way.

Wait... I think if he wrote "eating, he wouldn't be a problem, but it's "slaughtering" that would be wrong.

I mean, it's implied strongly, but it's too much interpretation compared to the answer.

Then, there's a lot that is lost in translation, so we can only gives answers based on what you said.

I don't remember my classmate's exact answer, sorry.

But my teacher has indicated she counts all answers wrong that don't boil down to 'because of their own stupidity'.

Thanks for the help, guys, I appreciate it.

Since the teacher isn't budging on this, I'm going to bring the case before my head of department.

I'll resign myself to his judgement.

yeah

it's a case of teachers wanting to hear a certain thing regardless if it makes sense or not

that irks me >:T

That's exactly what this particular teacher is like.

Thanks for the help, guys, I appreciate it.

Since the teacher isn't budging on this, I'm going to bring the case before my head of department.

I'll resign myself to his judgement.

That's exactly what this particular teacher is like.

Good Luck on this.

Well, I should put myself away from computer for a while, and I'd have to leave soon anyway.

So... See ya later !(Probably tomorrow...)