All I play lately is Dark Souls.

Ein

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other news DreadedCone managed to invade and destroy me with his Shrek Executioner build.

Think of it this way. It could have been a Brandon build and R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1-

Or maybe a Yukas build then you get WoG hornet stabbed. But yeah, I've been playing DkS on and off on the PC, playing it a bit more in anticipation of DkS2.

You guys should really start using the pierce shield in the right hand. With it, you can block attacks and attack at the same time! That's 10x better than a st00pid tree bone.

Anyway, DaS was the only thing I played until recently. Dragon's Dogma has taken DaS's spotlight in the meantime. Once DaSII comes out I'll be playing nonstop!

Edited by Esme

---

Dark Souls 2 is being released on:

NA March 11, 2014[2]

JP March 13, 2014[2]

U.S. gets RPG before Japan?

Ha, yeah right.

Advice: Don't Beatrice. She only makes the 4 Kings harder. And trust me, they're hard enough already. NG+ 4kings... *shudder*

Harder? How so?

If you do the lame tactics (it works on normal and NG+ at least), she's your best bet. Just tank them with Estus Flasks and let her do the main damage.

No idea about NG++ and +++ though, I was able to dodge by then >_>

No offense, but I just don't understand how she makes the fight harder, please explain.

Don't you HAVE to use her if you want to get her armor in addition?

Edited by Assurhaddon

the fact that more spawn just leaves you open to take more damage, which is why Beatrice is advised against. if you built yourself even decently, 4 kings shouldn't even be bad, especially if you decide to get stone armour and just tank everything. just stay right next to them since their damage scales down as you get closer to them

Edited by AstraLunaSol

I just used Havel's and tanked them, but - because I ate all that damage and had to use Estus Flasks often - I see her damage as useful.

Well, I think that it doesn't make sense to argue - I can't even login at the moment because of GFWL ***** ;_;

How much is the scaling health/damage for co-op anyway ? I always thought it was very small, but what is the exact percentage anyways.

-

Gamestop says DSII is released on 3/11

and this article says the JPN release date is 3/13

America is the bigger market, but really, to release it in another country before your own is kinda silly to me.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/19/dark-souls-2-ps3-xbox-360-release-date-set-pc-to-follow/

Edited by sifer

We are dumb.

Uchigatana (two handed) w/ Grass Crest Sheild (stamina boost) all days

I pretty used the uchi exclusively the first time through. Though I dunno, now I find the katanas kinda... boring? They're still really good weapons.

Or in other words, no chaos zwei? casul

I suck at Dark Souls, I actually killed that ironclad boar in undead parish with a bow and arrow because I was scared of fighting it on foot.

I hated that thing. First time through I sucked a lot. Still kinda suck, but not nearly as much. The only reason I beat that thing the first playthrough (after several attempts) was it fell off the part of the bridge that has a hole in it. I think I fell, too, but as long as it dies it stays dead so yay.

I hated that thing. First time through I sucked a lot. Still kinda suck, but not nearly as much. The only reason I beat that thing the first playthrough (after several attempts) was it fell off the part of the bridge that has a hole in it. I think I fell, too, but as long as it dies it stays dead so yay.

Oh god. I just got the game recently, and that bastard haunts my nightmares. Haven't put a huge amount of playtime in, but the frustration is immense, being a melee character.

Oh god. I just got the game recently, and that bastard haunts my nightmares. Haven't put a huge amount of playtime in, but the frustration is immense, being a melee character.

I beat him in three different NGs, (and 2 NG+ but that was easy) and I have to say I found it easier with a mage on NG. Just pumped him full of my spells as I backed away. The only hard part is getting around him each time my back approaches the end of the bridge. But my third NG was a melee character and it wasn't so bad that time. Once you get better at the game he won't haunt your nightmares anymore. The Capra guy will. Or at least the tight area and his two friends.

I beat him in three different NGs, (and 2 NG+ but that was easy) and I have to say I found it easier with a mage on NG. Just pumped him full of my spells as I backed away. The only hard part is getting around him each time my back approaches the end of the bridge. But my third NG was a melee character and it wasn't so bad that time. Once you get better at the game he won't haunt your nightmares anymore. The Capra guy will. Or at least the tight area and his two friends.

Yeah. I guess the knight wasn't right for my playstyle. When me and a mate started a campaign recently we went thief, and I got used to dodging instead of blocking. Now I'm meant to mix it up, and it's hard. He's just so slow!

I suck at Dark Souls, I actually killed that ironclad boar in undead parish with a bow and arrow because I was scared of fighting it on foot.

Little known fact: some of the boars (like the one in undead parish) have their butt holes exposed and are able to be back stabbed.

*Insert penetration joke here*

It's the only one.

And I always threw those Alluring Skulls near the fire so it would run around in it before I started using speedrun strats and just running towards the gate before the hollow closed it.

And occasionally EO4 since I'm grinding to level 99 to defeat the Fallen One and the Warped Savior because they are jerks who don't care about your feelings.

Didn't even pick up Untold/Millennium Girl because fuck that game. Seriously.

And now Dark Souls 2 release is on the horizon. I can only imagine the hours upon hours of small victories, big victories, discoveries, and deaths I will experience first hand without any knowledge before hand.

Although I have looked into what people discovered in the network test.

The changes and adjustments seem incredibly promising as well as the Demon's Souls elements being reintroduced once more.

And the Dual Swordsman's greatsword. Those fluid swings and twirls. ohmygosdhfdslvbdslkb I want it so bad.

And if you have a 360 and play Dark Souls look for some dude by the name of Slime Captain running around who speaks softly (Pursuers) and carries a big stick (Large Club). :Knoll:

I played EOU: MG. It wasn't too bad, just didn't finish it because I had so much of EOIV already and I really wanted to go back to Dark Souls, FE, and XCOM lol

Also, I'm so hyped for Dark Souls II also!!! I can't wait for it!

Btw, if you all haven't already seen it, I've made a full cosplay FE Dark Souls LP for you all to watch and enjoy. :D

You can find it here!

It's the only one.

And I always threw those Alluring Skulls near the fire so it would run around in it before I started using speedrun strats and just running towards the gate before the hollow closed it.

Running past enemies in Dark Souls too good :P But i can never resist the urge to jump on top of that boar to stab my katana straight into it :D

im making a guts build right now

it's theoretically golden age guts but i added great combustion and avelynn to simulate the robo-arm to add a little umph idk

also a str build in general so it's versatile in that regard

also i made a monty pythons black knight build to go with my monty python king arthur build lmao

i... really dont like cast-based builds ok i am a BIG SWORD guy

I was planning on getting the game on Steam but got a bit unsure after hearing about some problems, including it being highly unplayable without a controller, with the PC version.

Anyone who plays this version could give me some feedback about it?

if you don't have a controller don't even bother, really. also, you'll need to patch it up with DSfix, otherwise it's total shit. also, GFWL sucks ass.

it's a horrible port, but once you're done setting it up, it's probably the best version of the game, sans connectivity problems due to gfwl. dsfix lets you do lots of fun stuff, and also it is moddable and easy to "hack." framerate issues shouldn't really be a problem if your hardware is good enough.

Edited by Stolypin Necktie

I was planning on getting the game on Steam but got a bit unsure after hearing about some problems, including it being highly unplayable without a controller, with the PC version.

Anyone who plays this version could give me some feedback about it?

If you play the PC version and use the DSfix, it's superior to the console versions in mostly every way... if you have a good enough rig, except probably the player population.

Just make sure to use the DSMfix that fixes the mouse and keyboard controls for the game if you plan to play Dark Souls without a controller, it'll be terrible if you don't. ><

if you don't have a controller don't even bother, really. also, you'll need to patch it up with DSfix, otherwise it's total shit. also, GFWL sucks ass.

it's a horrible port, but once you're done setting it up, it's probably the best version of the game, sans connectivity problems due to gfwl. dsfix lets you do lots of fun stuff, and also it is moddable and easy to "hack." framerate issues shouldn't really be a problem if your hardware is good enough.

ninja'd ><

Also, I play with mouse and keyboard all the time, and it works great for me. Just might take awhile to get used to it, and I really wish they allowed for the number row keys to be used. Would have made switching weapons and magic much more convenient ><