Questionnaire on f2p games (aka what do you think of them in short)

dap005

Not a day goes by when I'm not asking people to fill out surveys... Anyhow whenever I do research on gaming habits and opinions I always obtain interesting results. So if anyone is interested in sharing their opinions on f2p games and add-ons fill out this survey here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Fmbg1HB87mGXzM_GbGSfVeZdwI5c1spZPwbZhhmgnkk/viewform

It's all for the sake of understanding how to best design f2p models really. Thanks in advance :D.

See TF2. Valve, got as close to perfect with the F2P model as far as I'm concerned with TF2.

"F2P" with online pass required is completely and utter fabricated restrictions.

Pay2Win is yet another completely unnacceptable model for F2P games.

Although there are a bunch of varying types of the F2P model, very few of them actually work.

Micro-transactions should be purely cosmetic and offer now difference on gameplay than what is available to everyone else, IMO.

See TF2. Valve, got as close to perfect with the F2P model as far as I'm concerned with TF2.

I'm not really sure TF2 is best example to point to. First, because if I'm not mistaken, that game wasn't always free to play. Secondly, I don't think the OP has the money, reputation, or fanbase that Valve has.

I'm not really sure TF2 is best example to point to. First, because if I'm not mistaken, that game wasn't always free to play. Secondly, I don't think the OP has the money, reputation, or fanbase that Valve has.

No, TF2 wasn't always free. But its micro-transaction system did not exist when the game was paid. The only reason it exists is because the game went F2P. There really aren't any differences between a premium player and an F2P player. Which was the point I was trying to make. Valve offers incentives to pay a few dollars and upgrade to premium and have access to things that do not affect gameplay. You can't buy anything that will drastically change the game you are playing. And that in itself is what the F2P model should be based on. No difference in gameplay. Sure, he doesn't have Valve's following, but if he's looking for the different types of F2P models are the best, I still feel like Valve's current model is the best out there among other F2P games regardless as TF2's past as a paid game.

Music based RPG!?!

BIESFNIRFIJVFEOIFHIWEJDIEGJSDFSN!!!! (WANT!)

*Ahem* Sorry, but... music...

Haha, thanks for liking the idea xD. We are just building concepts and prototypes for now but hopefully we can release a full version in future.

Haha, thanks for liking the idea xD. We are just building concepts and prototypes for now but hopefully we can release a full version in future.

Looking forward to it greatly! literally my ideal game! Any idea what sort of music it'll be based off, and what sort of soundtrack?

You can't buy anything that will drastically change the game you are playing

*cough* Degreaser/Axtinguisher *cough*Jarate/Bushwacka*cough*Gunslinger*cough*

But overall these weapons still need some skill and TF2 is still very balanced.

*cough*Jarate/Bushwacka*cough*

are you touting sniper melee as overpowered

because if so i am planning to laugh at you forever

EDIT: besides that who the fuck buys a bushwacka? you can get one from scrapping drops in like two weeks

Edited by Integrity

are you touting sniper melee as overpowered

because if so i am planning to laugh at you forever

EDIT: besides that who the fuck buys a bushwacka? you can get one from scrapping drops in like two weeks

No Sniper is too slow ("only" 100%) and too tinny to be dangerous in frontal attack, but if you surprise your enemy, he is dead.

Of course you don't have to buy it, but you can. I didn't even recommend buying in Mann CO. Store , because buying from another player is cheaper.

No Sniper is too slow ("only" 100%) and too tinny to be dangerous in frontal attack, but if you surprise your enemy, he is dead.

so in a discussion about pay2win you listed how the sniper can make himself an objectively worse base kit spy

???

Edited by Integrity

Looking forward to it greatly! literally my ideal game! Any idea what sort of music it'll be based off, and what sort of soundtrack?

The idea is that users will be able to submit their own tracks and we create individual monsters with those tracks (and they get in game currency as rewards). But generally we'd like different genres of music to be represented in different game maps/areas.

For the prototype.mock up we might just put in some chiptune or one of the instrumentals that someone in our school has composed or something someone on the internet is willing to share (with credit of course, wouldn't want to be sued) xD.

The idea is that users will be able to submit their own tracks and we create individual monsters with those tracks (and they get in game currency as rewards). But generally we'd like different genres of music to be represented in different game maps/areas.

For the prototype.mock up we might just put in some chiptune or one of the instrumentals that someone in our school has composed or something someone on the internet is willing to share (with credit of course, wouldn't want to be sued) xD.

If you ever need some more, I'll be more than willing to submit some. :D Always nice to get your music out there

If you ever need some more, I'll be more than willing to submit some. :D Always nice to get your music out there

Awesome! I just had a listen to your soundcloud, your compositions are brilliant (instrumentals is just what we're looking for) xD. It would be great if we can use your tracks for the prototype. Just PM me and tell me how you'd like to send over the tracks (we'll credit you of course ^^). Thank you so much for the offer.

Awesome! I just had a listen to your soundcloud, your compositions are brilliant (instrumentals is just what we're looking for) xD. It would be great if we can use your tracks for the prototype. Just PM me and tell me how you'd like to send over the tracks (we'll credit you of course ^^). Thank you so much for the offer.

I can put the tracks up for download. Which ones do you want? If you want anything specific written, I'd be happy to do it. Always nice to have a challenge :p

I can put the tracks up for download. Which ones do you want? If you want anything specific written, I'd be happy to do it. Always nice to have a challenge :p

Coolio, I'll PM you the details later today (have to rush for school now xD).