I don't get the Bravely Default hype.

ZemZem

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many versions does this game have? >_>

FF4?

465412312315645648974897456415612315648979879841231234894789765415623145678974895418218156123486486515610250210521054105405045055105602305605606206

Whenever SE is bored, they make another FF4 version.

But seriously, I think 7:

-super famicon

-super nes

-PS1

-GBA

-DS

-PSP

-iOS/android.

Edited by Nobody

How many versions does this game have? >_>

There are tons of releases, but there's four different ones in terms of mechanics.

The original Super Famicom release that many ports are based off of. The PS1, Wonderswan, GBA, mobile phone (Japan ones, not smartphones) and PSP releases are derivatives of that one.

Then there's the Final Fantasy "II" release in the US. Mechanics were dumbed down, items, spells, abilities and whatnot were dummied out (Cecil's Dark Wave is an example).

There is a third in the form of Final Fantasy IV Easy Type, which was based off the FF"II" release, but restored Cecil's Dark Wave, introduced new items that made things even easier and in some weird cases, enemy patterns were changed. Zeromus has a new sprite (And slightly different attack pattern). The sprite eventually made its way over to become Zeromus EG in the GBA/PSP releases.

Then, there's the DS version which throws everything one would expect out the window. Everything was overhauled basically.

If you want actual releases, here's a list:

Original SFC version

Final Fantasy "II"

Final Fantasy IV EasyType (Japan)

The PS1 release in Chronicles

Wonderswan Color (Which also had very different sounding music! :D)

Game Boy Advance

Nintendo DS

Mobile phones (Japan only. The graphics were redone to match up with the Wii version of After Years, basically)

PSP

iOS/Android (Basically just the DS version)

Edited by Tiz

There are tons of releases, but there's four different ones in terms of mechanics.

The original Super Famicom release that many ports are based off of. The PS1, Wonderswan, GBA, mobile phone (Japan ones, not smartphones) and PSP releases are derivatives of that one.

Then there's the Final Fantasy "II" release in the US. Mechanics were dumbed down, items, spells, abilities and whatnot were dummied out (Cecil's Dark Wave is an example).

There is a third in the form of Final Fantasy IV Easy Type, which was based off the FF"II" release, but restored Cecil's Dark Wave, introduced new items that made things even easier and in some weird cases, enemy patterns were changed. Zeromus has a new sprite (And slightly different attack pattern). The sprite eventually made its way over to become Zeromus EG in the GBA/PSP releases.

Then, there's the DS version which throws everything one would expect out the window. Everything was overhauled basically.

If you want actual releases, here's a list:

Original SFC version

Final Fantasy "II"

Final Fantasy IV EasyType (Japan)

The PS1 release in Chronicles

Wonderswan Color (Which also had very different sounding music! :D)

Game Boy Advance

Nintendo DS

Mobile phones (Japan only. The graphics were redone to match up with the Wii version of After Years, basically)

PSP

iOS/Android (Basically just the DS version)

Holy Mr.Popo we just switched this thread's subject.

Literally.

also i dont quite understand how people like it so much i have the demo, played and it wasn't anything to make people hype as i think, and the battle system is better than...

4 Heroes of light that was....Weird.

It's good, I liked Chrono Trigger more though. Haven't played enough of FF5/FF6 to compare them (well, haven't beaten either of them, I've played a good 10 or so hours in each of them).

Holy Mr.Popo we just switched this thread's subject.

Literally.

also i dont quite understand how people like it so much i have the demo, played and it wasn't anything to make people hype as i think, and the battle system is better than...

4 Heroes of light that was....Weird.

The demo does a shitty job of representing stuff. It's missing some things like Special moves and it's basically a series of fetch quests.

The full game isn't like that.

IMO FF4 has one of the stupidest plots in any game.

Half the cast die then come back to life (iirc, this actually happens twice to Cid, lol)

It's the opposite of Final Fantasy II, where people die left and right. Hell, entire towns get ransacked by a nasty cyclone. Like, you can't even enter the towns after that happens.

I still need to play FF5, dude.

Oh. Then get to it, pal! It's probably the only Final Fantasy game (out of the "original six" as I call them - haven't played the later ones) that genuinely deserves any hype it gets, as far as I'm concerned.

The demo does a shitty job of representing stuff. It's missing some things like Special moves and it's basically a series of fetch quests.

The full game isn't like that.

The Hype was with the demo, the game just released very recently dude why you saying like if the game had been released ages ago.

Oh. Then get to it, pal! It's probably the only Final Fantasy game (out of the "original six" as I call them - haven't played the later ones) that genuinely deserves any hype it gets, as far as I'm concerned.

Haha, alright!

FF5 is fun, mostly because it throws away any sense of "complex plot"(Dark Lord want to destroy world. Heroes gather. Fight. Win.

Jeigan is dead

. Happy End)

....but its somewhat frustating at times when you are going full OCD mode and want to get every Blue Magic and shit >_>

Also fuck exploding castle in the asshole. I hate these kind of mission, especially one where they put a lot of valuable shit, including one that is luck based

Edited by JSND