judge my D&D character's actions

Sifer

16 members have voted

1. 1. along the lawful-chaotic axis is the actions...

• Lawful
    • Neutral
    • Chaotic
  2. 2. along the good-evil axis is the actions...

• Good
    • Neutral
    • Evil

spoilers for the thieves challenge 1st or 2nd ed

how I defeated the arch mage

Well the archmage and I was both invisible. My source said he was away from his tower, but he was napping in the throne room. I made sounds when I was looting everything of value in the room. He woke up saw nothing, but he new someone was there, so he fired off a web spell. It caught me at the edge of the spell. Luckily, I had a girdle of ogre strength and broke through and proceeded to slice him to death while barely winning initiative every round, he was trying to throw disintegration too. Also a 13th level magic missle hurts like hell btw.

See? Self defense while trespassing.

Edited by sifer

That is an action without a specific alignment attached. It isn't inherently good, there's nothing especially lawful about it and the attempts to steal shit are chaotic and evil in themselves, not the contrived way you almost got yourself killed doing it.

so you broke into his house and murdered him

In self defense.

The guy shouldn't have napped and my source shoudn't be wrong.

wrong info kills people it seems.

Edited by sifer

You can't break into someone's house, steal his goodies, and then murder them in "self defense".

You murdered him to secure the results of your crime. The self defense was his.

Neutral Evil again.

Edited by TheEnd

In self defense.

The guy shouldn't have napped and my source shoudn't be wrong.

wrong info kills people it seems.

yes that rat bastard trying to kill the guy who broke into his house to plunder him

damn him, he's going straight to hell

Is the archmage one of those goody goody archmages, or is he more like Manchoon? aka evil psycho trying to take over whatever he sees. If the former, stealing from good guy bad. If latter, killing him good, but going there without the intent to kill him but merely steal his stuff is only good if you want to steal stuff to prevent him doing evil. Otherwise CN at best.

You can't break into someone's house, steal his goodies, and then murder them in "self defense".

You murdered him to secure the results of your crime. The self defense was his.

Neutral Evil again.

Your avatar works perfectly here. That facepalm.

[spoiler=saved for future reference]NWfc5Fl.png

Anyways I'm seeing very little reason to view OP's character as anything less than totally evil.

Edited by Euklyd

Well, in Neverwinter Nights and other games like it, NE or CE acts don't prevent him from being CN as a whole, I guess? As long as he does enough good acts for his +3s and +5s to offset his -10s that he'd get for stuff like this, anyway.

^I don't know

I call it a CN act, I just wanted a gem for the contract I was on. Misinformation occured and well, he spotted me.

I suppose things like asking him nicely, bartering for it, and not violating his rights were considered first?