Espinosa's team

h8qq.pngha1t.pngsjyu.pnggfwk.pngudry.png

vs

Dandragon's team!

hrwh.pngtmf2.png1du9.pngk35x.pnghekj.png

Turn 7

Makalov's Renewal restores 5 HP!

gfwk.pngvstmf2.png

Dandragon's Elincia (Runesword) attacks Espinosa's Rolf (Silver Bow)!

25 dmg 60% Hit 0% Crit 25% Adept

(2)

Elincia's Adept activates!

(24 94 81)

Rolf receives 25 damage!

(63 9 12)

Rolf receives 25 damage!

Rolf counterattacks!

Rolf's Wrath activates!

28 dmg 100% Hit 52% Crit 29% Adept

(98)

(85 29 56)

Elincia receives 28 damage!

Both sides survive the fight!

Espinosa

Marcia 50/50

Gatrie 35/59

Shinon 37/53

Rolf 2/52

Tibarn 66/66 [11/20]

Dandragon

Ike 19/59 Asleep for 3 turns

Elincia 24/52

Makalov 39/51

Rolf 0/45

Nephenee 44/44

Espinosa's turn!

Edited by PKL

Where is Rolf's defence support in those damage calculations? Should be alive and counterattack...

What? As far as I know, defense supports only give def not res. Unlike Atk, that affects magical attacks for obvious reasons. I might test it now.

Explain why that was a bad decision? Because im not sure how it is.

Elincia has the Runesword, meaning she can return lost health on counterattacks. You were using her to initiate combat instead, meaning no recovery possible and an obligatory counter from Rolf following (even with that insane luck of proccing Adept and landing both 60% hits). After getting countered, Elincia can be now more or less reliably finished off (regardless of whether she runs Resolve or Vantage), making her specialty - recovering HP with powerful Runesword attacks - useless.

[spoiler=Teams]

Espinosa's team

vs

Dandragon's team!

Turn 8

ha1t.pngvstmf2.png

Espinosa's Gatrie (Silver Lance) attacks Dandragon's Elincia (Runesword)!

Gatrie's Nihil activates!

35 dmg 86% Hit 0% Crit

(17 3 10)

Elincia receives 35 damage!

Elincia falls!

Espinosa

Marcia 50/50

Gatrie 35/59

Shinon 37/53

Rolf 2/52

Tibarn 66/66 [8/20]

Dandragon

Ike 19/59 Asleep for 3 turns

Elincia 0/52

Makalov 39/51

Rolf 0/45

Nephenee 44/44

Dandragon's turn!

Espinosa, he was Deadeye'd in Turn 4, I'm counting EPs (Dandragon's turns) for it. So far, Turn 5 and 7 have been Dan turns, so he's at -2. Are we using the other silly mechanics? Because I used it like this in shin vs tables and no one complained!

Edited by PKL

[spoiler=Teams]

Espinosa's team

vs

Dandragon's team!

Turn 9

Makalov's Renewal restores 5 of his HP!

gfwk.pngvshekj.png

Dandragon's Nephenee (Silver Lance) attacks Espinosa's Rolf (Silver Bow)!

23 dmg 77% Hit 0% Crit

Nephenee's Nihil activates!

(45 37 79)

Rolf receives 23 damage!

Rolf falls!

Espinosa

Marcia 50/50

Gatrie 35/59

Shinon 37/53

Rolf 0/52

Tibarn 66/66 [8/20]

Dandragon

Ike 19/59 Asleep for 2 turns

Elincia 0/52

Makalov 44/51

Rolf 0/45

Nephenee 44/44

Espinosa's turn!

Espinosa, he was Deadeye'd in Turn 4, I'm counting EPs (Dandragon's turns) for it. So far, Turn 5 and 7 have been Dan turns, so he's at -2. Are we using the other silly mechanics? Because I used it like this in shin vs tables and no one complained!

I read that topic and your indication of when sleep runs out didn't help me understand where it's supposed to wear off; nor did the game go for long enough to make it apparent. The sleep mechanics that is the current standard can be found in the FAQ and demand that Ike should miss the next 5 rounds/turns of the fight after the sleep activation. You should indicate the turn the character is expected to wake up to make it clear to the players.

I'm sure we can argue about the best way to do it "while staying true to the game" or whatever, much like Shade/Provoke usage (if any), or the Ike-related bans (or any other ones), but this isn't the right place to do it and the precedent for sleep mechanics has been set. In fact, it was set around the first battle we had 4 or so months ago and the only minor detail that was added is when the counting actually begins. But really, sleep needs this "nerf" (not like we ever did this differently in the arena).

...the fuck i thought i gave her 2 seraph robes.

Doing this prevented a OHKO / 2HKO with a brave weapon, believe it or not. Still, she's no General with those two robes.

[spoiler=Teams]

Espinosa's team

vs

Dandragon's team!

Turn 10

ha1t.pngvshrwh.png

Espinosa's Gatrie (Silver Lance) attacks Dandragon's Ike!

Gatrie's Nihil activates!

27 dmg 100% Hit 0% Crit

(71 19 88)

Ike receives 27 damage and falls!

Espinosa

Marcia 50/50

Gatrie 35/59

Shinon 37/53

Rolf 0/52

Tibarn 66/66 [5/20]

Dandragon

Ike 0/59

Elincia 0/52

Makalov 44/51

Rolf 0/45

Nephenee 44/44

Dandragon's turn!

You see, Espinosa, no matter what you do with sleep, theyre dead regardless once it hits. Why not stay true to the game mechanics or just outright ban it?

Edited by PKL

You see, Espinosa, no matter what you do with sleep, theyre dead regardless once it hits. Why not stay true to the game mechanics or just outright ban it?

Not necessarily so. Multiple objectives may arise that get in the way of killing slept units (who can sometimes even be quite healthy, for instance when they got Renewal or they're bulky in general) and the current mechanics do emphasise the decision-making between killing the sleeping dude or doing what is more topical. If you extend sleep for double (or even 2.5x times because there's a possibility of sleep technically lasting 4 turns in certain scenarios) the time, you can just the slept dude wait until his more dangerous teammates fall, at which point the sleeping beauty will get attacked when we're stalling (i.e. hesitate to attack and wait for an attack instead). Being "literal" (probably not even the right word considering deciding how sleep should work in the arena and what counts as a "turn" is to a degree arbitrary) is what would make sleep broken, but as it is now it's not any more broken than, say, Vague Katti crits (which can be fished for by a greater range of units).