About the Random Number Generator. ( RNG )

Seo

Hello there ! Hope you're all right guys ?

Well, I start this topic because I'm really asking about the RNG.

I tried to manipulate it with this site : http://uk.ign.com/faqs/2004/fire-emblem-random-number-generator-faq-520430

But in Sacred Stones, I have the impression that this is different...

I mean, I try to waste 16 Random Numbers with Knoll, okay, it's with his movment and the IA which will replace the arrow for a short path.

So, I waste, and I note, I get this :

Low Hard Low Hard Low Low Hard Low Hard Hard Low Low Hard Low Low Hard.

So, normally, it would mean that :

The three first Random Numbers would be used for the opening attack of Knoll, right ?

Then, the three after would be used for the opening of the ennemy's attack, and the attack itself, isn't it ?

With the counterattack of Knoll, we used normally used 3 RNs.

Which, normally, would implies this for the stats if he levelups :

Hard for the HP.

Low for the Magic.

Low for the Skill.

Hard for the Speed.

Low for the Defense.

And Hard RN for the Resistance.

My question then, is that one :

Why Knoll doesn't up his Magic ? I mean, he has a GR of 50, which implies that if he scored a Low RN for the Magic GR, he would be able to levelup this stat no ? But when I tried to levelup him, he did not...

Please help me, I'm lost ! ><

And I'm sorry if there was a same topic, I tried to research but I didn't really find anything like this.

( Sorry for the language mistakes, eventually. )

Well, I asked Euklyd in the chat, all is clear from now on. ^^

In fact, I was missing that the ennemies were using 3 RNs instead of 2. Which explained my mistakes at the beginning.

And I was not reseting so it was worse... x)

Actually, Baldrick has a good point about attacks missing that I didn't go over, so keep that in mind as well.

Just in case you weren't.

Don't worry, I was also taking it on my caculations. x)

But when I levelup my units, they all have 100 against entombed, so... ^^

Also, I have a question.

If I'm at the first floor of Lagdou Ruins for example.

Then, I choose a character to move, like Gerik.

If I make him a path like this :

Left, Up, Left Down, Left, Left.

Then, the arrow will always be horizontal, but in that case, does this count as an RN wasted ? If yes, we can always know how to have L or H RNs ?

I don't know about this method ^. I've always wasted RNs with units with odd numbered Movement (5, 7). So I, generally, have a cav/peg move all around itself:

UP RIGHT DOWN DOWN LEFT LEFT UP UP

With the last UP, the game wastes an RN. I do this with 5 move units too, but don't know exactly if that way wastes an RN too.

Hm.

I do have a random question, since I was doing some idle thinking and am too lazy to fire up any of my games and record things.

Anyone know if it's possible to get more precision than >50 vs <50 by using more complex movement paths (as in, when it resets, there be more than two possible paths)?

I'm assuming that this would allow greater precision (I know that it'll do any of the movement paths, at least in FE13, as I was playing around with longer paths a few weeks ago), but I don't have any idea if anyone's tested this at all.

I doubt it. The game decides a path purely based on above or below 50. More than two different paths is just different iterations of high/low RNs, not more precise reading of the RN.