[Battle: FE9] Baldrick vs AnonymousSpeed NOT TOURNEY

General Horace

I think the stealing mechanics are good though, it would have been a lot better if you went first though, since you'd get to steal an extra item. Honestly, it cripples Royals pretty hard (or forces them to demi band at some point) which is probably a good thing since they're all pretty strong except maybe Naesala.

I'd almost say it shouldn't cost an action, it's not like attacking with Volke is terrifying or anything, although you could cheese someone with lethality, although his crit chances are still pretty low

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should Naesala be immune to stealing because of speed? If so, it could balance the royals out. Janaff would be even more OP

The first move is actually a not insignificant advantage in any case. It gives you the initiative and if both teams are support-heavy getting the first kill is vital. E.g. our match which more or less came down to whether Shinon or Janaff fell first.

If Volke could steal and attack at the same time, that wouldn't be any good since he doesn't want to take any counters and he wants to steal from laguz royals who he would tink. He can't get more than 25 crit so Lethality is anything but reliable as well. If you could steal with him and attack with someone else though, that might arguably be OP, but then again he's still got his bottom-tier combat so it might not be too centralising.

Edited by Baldrick

Volke can still 2RKO Generals, so he's useful there as well. Bastian being his only support hurts him horribly though.

Anyway, I think these stealing mechanics work. Nothing wrong with them as far as I can tell.

I'll just suicide Vague Katti on Elincia, it should be at the least fun to watch.

cq4w.pngVSahqk.png

Oscar @Vague Katti attacks Elincia @Runesword!

Oscar's Nihil activates!

22 damage, 61% hit, 19% crit

(26, 6, 64)

Elincia takes 22 damage! (23/45)

Elincia counters!

21 damage, 100% hit, 0% crit

(81)

No miracles for Oscar today.

Baldrick wins! Clearly this means that Bastian is OVERPOWERED.

That would have changed the whole course of the match. To be honest I should not have put risked putting Kieran in Resolve range, but I was betting on you not picking out the one unit that didn't have Vantage/Parity/Nihil

That would have changed the whole course of the match. To be honest I should not have put risked putting Kieran in Resolve range, but I was betting on you not picking out the one unit that didn't have Vantage/Parity/Nihil

Well, I could tell based on earlier moves that Elincia had neither parody or nihil. Vantage would have wrecked me but I think I saw that on another unit, that or just did something stupid.