Mug Medley: The Sequel

Teapot

Original topic found [ here ].

A B O U T

After some nostalgic discussion, I thought it might be a bit of fun to bring back the old Mug Medley game. For those unfamiliar with the pastime, a portrait is posted, edited by one person, then handed off to another spriter to make further edits, and so on. Results may vary widely, but it should be generally agreed upon that they're almost always great.

R U L E S

• Each portrait will be given a maximum of 8 edits. The last person to edit the mugshot (8th edit) will then pick a new one.
  • An "edit" is defined as an actual change made to the content of the portrait itself; this does not include additional portraits, dialogue boxes, backgrounds, etc.
  • Anything within reason is allowed as an edit (custom/splice/etc.), but please leave room for others to expand on it. However, please refrain from ruining the image quality by saving it as a .jpg, or making non-pixel art edits that may produce anti-aliased artifacts (painting in PS, rotations, etc.).
  • Furthermore, edits should be mostly complete and shaded to the best of your ability - no WIPs or half-assed scribbles.
  • If any edits are deemed inappropriate - content or otherwise - they will be asked to be removed.
  • If an edit is, at any time before the maximum count of 8, deemed (through general consensus) to be too cluttered or otherwise unfit to edit further, the current mug will be dropped, and a new portrait will be picked. This rule also applies for any edit that has not seen activity for five or more days (depending on overall activity).
  • Please post a claim (dibs) informing others that you are in the process of making an edit. You may also relinquish your claim on an edit if you believe you haven't the time or energy to make good on it.
  • Claims will expire after 24 hours. This is to ensure the game isn't held up by any one person. Only one claim may be made at a time; first-come, first-served.
  • No consecutive turns. If you were the last person to edit, you must wait until another person has made an edit before making another.
  • Please number your edit to make it easier for others to follow along.
  • Have fun~

[spoiler=Completed Medleys - Round 1]sheet1.png

[spoiler=Completed Medleys - Round 2]sheet2.png

[spoiler=Completed Medleys - Round 3]sheet3.png

------------------------------

Let's begin, shall we?

c90abc29d5d02b4eb9098b2435ac924a.png

Edited by Elsa's Hair

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh what I thought you hard started but okay I'll take the first edit I guess thanks

oh okay I didn't need to say that cool thanks

OKAY SO

JUST TO BE CLEAR

THIS WAS NOT MY IDEA

[8:28:51 PM] Elsa's Hair: you could still draw a raymoo bow on him
[8:28:56 PM] Elsa's Hair: like that'd be a legitimate edit

[8:29:46 PM] Elsa's Hair: it doesn't even have to be like a stellar quality edit?

[8:32:12 PM] Elsa's Hair: might as well make the fucking bow if i'mma end up cleaning anyway
[8:32:20 PM] Elsa's Hair: A HUNDRED MORE RUFFLES CAN'T BE ALL THAT BAD

92a40b20952e5998bb49db23451666c4.png

Also
[9:03:07 PM] Elsa's Hair: at least kinda shade it, char
[9:03:14 PM] Elsa's Hair: so we have something to work with

[9:03:19 PM] Elsa's Hair: even if it'll probably have to be mostly redone

YOU ASKED FOR IT
Okay that's all *rolls away*

Also the green mask was made by Lenh I'm not sure why she gave up her spot but idk like does this count as one edit or two or bhioadpgjlhbad *rolls away*

...(Hmm I could actually probably make it even worse but, eh, too much effort)

Note: if people are too scared of trying to deal with this after [insert amount of time], I can unedit or withdraw my edit or make something not quite so evil?

Edited by 47948201

47938201 was posting Reimu edits on chat at the same time I was working on the Green, I integrated the first but the ribbons continued to multiply so I fell over and caved.

#1 & #2 c90abc29d5d02b4eb9098b2435ac924a_zpse0c8

(ignore the little palette square).

Edited by Lenh

[spoiler=Loopholes][11:42:45 PM] Lenh: I dunno
[11:43:03 PM] Lenh: Maybe you did find the first flaw or something
[11:43:12 PM] Lenh: submitting a wip
[11:43:23 PM] Lenh: *shrugs*
[11:43:31 PM] Elsa's Hair creys
[11:43:46 PM] 腋巫女: yeah, make something nobody wants to work on, and then since there's no point at which the contest goes "if nobody calls dibs on a mug for X time, a new mug will be chosen"

...so, yeah. Throwing in a new stipulation. 24 hr rule on edits nobody wants to touch, or something. I dunno. Or maybe even give it 3 days since the last edit to declare a mug dead. What do you guys think?

We've done a splendid job of train-wrecking the game within the first five posts. We're really good at this.

Edited by Elsa's Hair