[Battle: FE9] Horace vs Dio (Avg Meta+Unused Supports)

Elieson

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, makes sense. The only reason I wanted to switch to Silver was I thought you had the Vague Katti and wouldn't be knocked below 50... turns out I was wrong either way and It didn't really matter. I guess the rolls were worse for me but such is life!

As long as Geoffrey doesn't get wrath'd then i'll rage.

My interpretation is that if you edit the move before the round is posted, it should be reflected. I always preview before I submit a round, but I missed it that time because it was a small change. I think redoing a round if necessary should be done, because when a host misses something like a support it is redone.

Next time, we should do it in the way Dio says. It is tough on Horace, but since he would have switched to Silver anyway without seeing Zihark's weapon I will uphold the redo.

I'll generate the next round now.

My interpretation is that if you edit the move before the round is posted, it should be reflected. I always preview before I submit a round, but I missed it that time because it was a small change. I think redoing a round if necessary should be done, because when a host misses something like a support it is redone.

Both of those happened on the same action too if the bond counts as a support.

At the very least the outcome did change when it got taken into account.

Edited by Woodshooter

As much as the Vague Katti is good for criticals, I find it's just terrible to hold for Swordmasters since their might is just terrible.

See my Brom vs. your Zihark for reference.

Yeah. It's pretty good if there are units with like ~20-22 defence, and it instagibs units that people think are good like boyd, but beyond that, yeah it's pretty poor.

Yeah, i'm still trying to get used to the ins and outs of it, I've noticed in general my teams have been either too squishy or too slow in general, but the teams I use in general aren't exactly high tier, except maybe the Nihil team I used against Espinosa, but I think it's more fun trying something unique than winning anyway.

My team this time was kinda standard though, I think.

Turn 8: Take 2
ivnu.png vs. 3ch7.png
Woodshooter Dio's Zihark (Silver Sword) attacks General Horace's Geoffrey (Silver Lance)!

Zihark activates Wrath!

(40)

12 Dmg / 100 Hit / 50 Crt

(63)

Geoffrey receives 12 damage! (20/56)
Geoffrey readies his counter!

26 Dmg / 100 Hit / 0 Crt / 26% skill

(89)

(10)

Zihark activates Miracle!

Zihark receives 13 damage! (13/52)

Bonds OP

Stats:

Horace
Ike       -30/52
Zihark    ---0/52---
Brom      -21/55
Elincia   -45/45
Geoffrey  -20/56

Woodshooter
Ike       ---0/52---
Zihark    -13/52-
Brom      -60/60
Makalov   -51/51
Astrid    ---0/50---

It's now General Horace's turn. Edited by Baldrick

Man that was unlucky with wrath. As as handsome as Geoffrey is, he should probably be dead.

One second on my move.

Geoffrey, Brave Bow Makalov.

Edited by General Horace

Yeah, i'm still trying to get used to the ins and outs of it, I've noticed in general my teams have been either too squishy or too slow in general, but the teams I use in general aren't exactly high tier, except maybe the Nihil team I used against Espinosa, but I think it's more fun trying something unique than winning anyway.

My team this time was kinda standard though, I think.

My first team ever ended up being really balanced between offense, defense and speed, but the one I used against Refa also added that small element of unpredictability (who expected Resolve+Nihil then?) that I haven't enjoyed since. That Ike stomp made me smile even after Marcia got critblicked (she had WRATH too, but she didn't even get to use it).

I mean sure I could've gone into Wrath sniping business but I'd rather have Boyd or a Paladin use bows.

Dio's Wrath is so bad lmao

You'd have to see me play Risk.

Wrath does seem to be like a bad luck charm for me.

Edited by Woodshooter

that's the first time i've seen Miracle proc ever! i wonder if its because hosts myself included always forget about it

Geoffrey, brave lance Zihark!

also on a related note, im pretty sure zihark x ike support isn't op enough to be banned like Ike/Oscar, although I didn't play when Ike/Oscar was a thing. I'm pretty sure people were just upset because they didn't use +hit supports or something, they haven't been THAT evasive this game, and they're two units with pretty high avo.

also more supports is more differences between teams too.

Edited by General Horace

Brom gains 5 HP with Renewal (26/55)

Turn 9:

ivnu.png vs. 3ch7.png

General Horace's Geoffrey (Brave Lance) attacks Woodshooter Dio's Zihark (Silver Sword)!

17 Dmg / 85 Hit / 0 Crt / 26% skill

(65) (23) (71)

(30)

Zihark receives 13 damage! (0/52)

Zihark falls!

Stats:

Horace
Ike       -30/52
Zihark    ---0/52---
Brom      -26/55
Elincia   -45/45
Geoffrey  -20/56

Woodshooter
Ike       ---0/52---
Zihark    ---0/52---
Brom      -60/60
Makalov   -51/51
Astrid    ---0/50---

It's now Woodshooter Dio's turn.

Edited by Baldrick

that's the first time i've seen Miracle proc ever! i wonder if its because hosts myself included always forget about it

Geoffrey, brave lance Zihark!

also on a related note, im pretty sure zihark x ike support isn't op enough to be banned like Ike/Oscar, although I didn't play when Ike/Oscar was a thing. I'm pretty sure people were just upset because they didn't use +hit supports or something, they haven't been THAT evasive this game, and they're two units with pretty high avo.

also more supports is more differences between teams too.

Having to run Heaven affinity supports just for countering Earth is stupid. With normal supports, even forges score 60-70 hit, which is far from reliable, when it should be (as thats the most accurate option)

Heaven happens to be a pretty rare affinity with only Elincia, Lethe and Stefan getting any supports. Fire, Light and Wind are decently common and the first two offer a pretty nice bonus if you have an affinity that matches it.

Besides there's no doubt that Oscar is more dependable than Zihark, who's more of a high risk-high reward kind of unit. Oscar's stats are good all around, offers a second weapon to the player's choice and supports a few characters in various ways. Zihark is mostly there to intimidate frail 26 AS units and flash his critical once in a while, but the former aren't too common with bulky Generals usually stopping them in their tracks while the latter isn't that reliable with bonds and Wrath being the worst skill ever.

Edited by Woodshooter

Brom gains 5 HP with Renewal (26/55)

Turn 9:

ivnu.png vs. v6xs.png

Woodshooter Dio's Brom (Silver Lance) attacks General Horace's Geoffrey (Brave Lance)!

Brom activates Nihil!

20 Dmg / 100 Hit / 0 Crt

Geoffrey receives 20 damage! (0/56)

Geoffrey falls!

Stats:

Horace
Ike       -30/52
Zihark    ---0/52---
Brom      -26/55
Elincia   -45/45
Geoffrey  ---0/56---

Woodshooter
Ike       ---0/52---
Zihark    ---0/52---
Brom      -60/60
Makalov   -51/51
Astrid    ---0/50---

It's now General Horace's turn.

Brom gains 5 HP with Renewal (31/55)

Turn 11:
3jbw.png vs. hzvr.png
General Horace's Brom (Silver Lance) attacks Woodshooter Dio's Makalov (Silver Axe)!
Brom activates Nihil!

16 Dmg / 78 Hit / 0 Crt

(88)
(23) (42)

Makalov receives 16 damage! (35/51)
Makalov counters!

18 Dmg / 100 Hit / 3 Crt

(91)
(90) (46)

(11) (31)

Brom receives 18 damage! (13/55)

Brom receives 18 damage! (0/55)