Pokemon Anime thread

Djing

Lets discuss the Pokemon Anime.

The XY series is the first time I tune in every Saturday to watch the latest episode. I haven't done something like that since early Hoenn. Did the makers just spontaneously decide not to suck for the first time?

I mean look at this animation

tumblr_n1bqjrf4G31rp5hneo1_500.gif

That's movie quality right there.

The main cast is the first cast that I actually like. Bonnie is the first little kid in an anime that I DONT hate (or otherwise ignore).

The dub seemed to improve as well. I haven't found many problems so far.

I'm guessing that when there's less than 100 new Pokemon (counting Mega Evolutions) they can't rely on marketing as a crutch.

Bonnie is way better than Max, imo. Max was kind of boring and immature. Bonnie is childish, but the good kind of childish. And she's cute, especially with that Dedenne. Clemont is funny lol. I liked his facial expression when Pikachu accidentally zapped him in the one episode where they chased Dedenne through those holes in the ground. lol

Serena I'm still unsure of, but I can't get over how much she looks like me! Her hair is exactly the same as mine almost. Just make her eyes hazel, give her magenta glasses, and you have me.

Edited by Anacybele

Its a step up from this

DP158_error.png

Yes, that moving image is better animated than this still frame. Honestly don't get what you're trying to prove with that.

TZuBqQD.jpg

This screenshot might be a better indicator of the quality? Either way, it's increased dramatically over just the past few seasons, and I'm loving it. I really need to catch up on XY still since I've been away from the TV in general in the past year, haha~

I just like the fact that Serena has a crush on Satoshi and she doesn't even hide it.

But again, I just watched the first few episodes. I'm pretty sure they did that to get people hooked on future character devolpment.

I assume there's barely any Serena x Satoshi as of now. / suppositions

Eh, I wasn't surprised, a lot of females wind up crushing on Ash. We've seen like a dozen already. Misty, Maisy, May (maybe), Latias/what's her name from Pokemon Heroes, Anabel, Angie, probably a few minor females I'm forgetting, and now Serena. It's nothing new, lol. And of course, Ash is oblivious to it as ever. This is why I don't ship him with anyone. xP

Still, Serena looks even more like me than I remembered. o.o I swear, if I put on that hat and dress and took off my glasses, I'd be her twin aside from my eye color.

Edited by Anacybele

Still, Serena looks even more like me than I remembered. o.o I swear, if I put on that hat and dress and took off my glasses, I'd be her twin aside from my eye color.

we want some proof

Anyway, I didn't know that, I haven't been following the anime much. Eek, the last season(s) I wached was the one(s) back in Johto.

Still, Serena is the first one who often blushes around him and made him cookies, I suppose.

we want some proof

Anyway, I didn't know that, I haven't been following the anime much. Eek, the last season(s) I wached was the one(s) back in Johto.

Still, Serena is the first one who often blushes around him and made him cookies, I suppose.

Pff, Latias/what's her name from Pokemon Heroes KISSED Ash on the LIPS, and he still didn't know what the hell was going on. Because Latias can transform into other people in that movie though, it's unknown whether it was her human female friend or Latias herself in disguise as said female friend.

Anyway, if I had Serena's outfit, I'd certainly prove it. lol

Pff, Latias/what's her name from Pokemon Heroes KISSED Ash on the LIPS, and he still didn't know what the hell was going on. Because Latias can transform into other people in that movie though, it's unknown whether it was her human female friend or Latias herself in disguise as said female friend.

Her name is Biancia. (I am not talking about the character from Unova)

Edited by King Marth 64

The pic I posted clearly proves that it was a kiss on the cheek. Kisses on lips are drawn differently, her face position indicates she's kissing his cheek and not his lips (that's simple perspective) and you can see Satoshi's mouth half open there. Have you ever kissed someone's lips properly while his mouth was open? I guess not, it's impossible in fact.

But still, you can have your own convintions~

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Anyway, if I had Serena's outfit, I'd certainly prove it. lol

If I were Ash, I wouldn't even hesitate. That whole skirt and thigh-high stockings thing is pretty hot.

Nintendo should release some official hentai, they'd be raking in that dolla.

The pic I posted clearly proves that it was a kiss on the cheek. Kisses on lips are drawn differently, her face position indicates she's kissing his cheek and not his lips (that's simple perspective) and you can see Satoshi's mouth half open there. Have you ever kissed someone's lips properly while his mouth was open? I guess not, it's impossible in fact.

But still, you can have your own convintions~

I've never kissed anyone at all, actually... It's sad, I know...

But whatever, it's a silly argument. xP

If I were Ash, I wouldn't even hesitate. That whole skirt and thigh-high stockings thing is pretty hot.

isn't tumblr good enough for you?

i watched all of it up until the end of unova

.... Are you seriously talking about hentai? And of 10 yo characters?

I'm pretty sure he was joking.

this thread has like 3 microarguements going on at once in the first page. this is the proudest day of my life.

Best post in this thread.

And despite the fact I utterly loathe how Ash turned out after Hoenn and the Battle Frontier, X/Y seems alright. Better than Black/White.

Sinnoh had some neat things going for it. Neat strategies, Elite Four appearances, good characterization for their Gym Leaders and Paul was a good rival as far as competitiveness was concerned (YMMV on his personality). All of that was wiped clean when Unova came along. Cilan and Iris didn't really have valid reasons to join Ash on his adventures and Charizard was the only one of his older Pokemon to make a notable appearance. Ash's eyes also freaked me out.