Why can't Chrom pair with Miriel and Tharja

weso12

Way to put words in my mouth. Just because I find certain features in the game lacking doesn't mean I hate the game as a whole. I'm just saying that it is inexcusable for them to slack on the main character's supports.

As for my personal opinion as to what their supports could center around, Ive already provided my 2 cents.

I was trying to reply to Ranger Jack Walker, not you. I didn't realize I'd been ninja'd.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was trying to reply to Ranger Jack Walker, not you. I didn't realize I'd been ninja'd.

I may have a SPD growth of 20%, but...

No problem, sorry if it came off as rude.

That's not really fair to say at all. All the other supports among all the other characters exist because the devs wanted those two characters to be able to support, and so they came up with things that those characters could reasonably have in common or bond over. Just because some characters have less in common with each other at first glance doesn't mean that you should piss and moan about how the support between them is awful. Then again, you seem pretty resigned to hate everything regarding this game, so I'm probably just wasting your time.

And how, exactly, is it off-topic to talk about what kind of support Chrom would have with Miriel or Tharja if he could support with them? Since the question of the thread can be answered in one response - the dev team didn't want him to be able to support with them - and we're obviously still going on about it, then why should we not discuss possible reasons for these characters to act the way they do or speculate on how they would act in a different scenario?

Firstly, I don't hate the game. Secondly, all the supports between the characters in this game don't exist because the writers wanted those 2 to be able to support but because the marriage system dictated it. Thirdly, that second paragraph. What? I'm confused, when did I say talking about Chrom's possible support with Tharja/Miriel is off topic?

Chrom/Tharja would make more sense than a lot of supports that are actually in the game and feel rather forced. Some of Tharja's and (specially) Cordelia's S-supports have this unpleasant "Sure, why not" feel to them. I also don't see some of the girls having all the guys fall for them, particularly Miriel (she comes out as very unpleasant in some supports), Nowi (obvious lolibait) and Panne (she hates humans when we first meet her, so the fact she can fall in love with all the guys is a bit of a stretch).

You know, I agree with RJW. The writers don't decide who can support who, the gameplay dudes do and they tell the writers who they want supports for.

Chrom/Tharja would make more sense than a lot of supports that are actually in the game and feel rather forced. Some of Tharja's and (specially) Cordelia's S-supports have this unpleasant "Sure, why not" feel to them. I also don't see some of the girls having all the guys fall for them, particularly Miriel (she comes out as very unpleasant in some supports), Nowi (obvious lolibait) and Panne (she hates humans when we first meet her, so the fact she can fall in love with all the guys is a bit of a stretch).

Nowi is less of a "why not" and more of a "marry me or else" with half of her supports, especially Virion and Gaius.

Firstly, I don't hate the game. Secondly, all the supports between the characters in this game don't exist because the writers wanted those 2 to be able to support but because the marriage system dictated it. Thirdly, that second paragraph. What? I'm confused, when did I say talking about Chrom's possible support with Tharja/Miriel is off topic?

You made it sound like you thought it was, since you started that post with "On topic," but my apologies if I misunderstood. I also apologize for assuming that you hate the game, though seeing as how I've never seen anything remotely resembling a positive comment about it from you anywhere, I think that one's a little more justified.

That's what we were saying, though. The devs decided "we want these two characters to be able to marry" and then said "writers, make it happen" and the writers did what they could. But since that's the boring and easy answer to the question, I was under the impression that we were all working with the assumption that it was obvious and were trying to find another way to answer it.

You made it sound like you thought it was, since you started that post with "On topic," but my apologies if I misunderstood. I also apologize for assuming that you hate the game, though seeing as how I've never seen anything remotely resembling a positive comment about it from you anywhere, I think that one's a little more justified.

It was on topic compared to the contents of his spoilers, it's fairly common on forums to go off on a tangent and then end your post with something that's back on topic.

Emmeryn is the same as the GBA trial map characters, she started out being there only for postgame purposes (play as dead major characters and all that) and only has any supports at all because the devs want you to be able to waifu anyone. She at least has Scramble supports though.

Another better question, why can't 3rd gen Morgan support her grandparents?