Setting up Portraits

Shamison

How do I make something like this

62nKhjj.png

(Yes I know about all the errors in the sprite as well as it not being 16 color it is just an example)

And make have all the blinking boxes and such so that I can insert it into a game?

Edited by Shamison

I watched the video it helps. Thanks.

Is there a tutorial on making the mini mug? Or should I just resize the existing one and then change the eyes? And is there a tutorial on making the different frames(blinking and such). And what size should the basic mug be?

well one thing you could do to make the minimug would be to splice together the minimugs you made the splice from

there was a tutorial (video) that seph1212 made but he shut down his YT channel so it's gone

what do you mean "basic mug"

What I mean by basic mug is the one in the tip left corner that has a plain look with no blinking or talking.

Why don't you try and guess how big it's meant to be from the sample images?

You guys are really no fun, surprised no one bothered to post it.

Ser1F0n.png

Big green upside down T is portrait size limit.

Blue is unused space, leave blank.

Purple boxes are blink frame, closed eyes is bottom, partially closed is top. Small green square is minimug, talking frames go on the bottom.

The red square under the blinking frame is the "talking" frame that displays on the unit stat screen (this is how some units smile and some don't on their stat screens)

Top row of red is smiling talking frames, bottom row is normal talking. (The example cam posted shows everything except for the minumug)

Edited by L95

You guys are really no fun, surprised no one bothered to post it.

Ser1F0n.png

Big green upside down T is portrait size limit.

Blue is unused space, leave blank.

Purple boxes are blink frame, closed eyes is bottom, partially closed is top. Small green square is minimug, talking frames go on the bottom.

The red square under the blinking frame is the "talking" frame that displays on the unit stat screen (this is how some units smile and some don't on their stat screens)

Top row of red is smiling talking frames, bottom row is normal talking. (The example cam posted shows everything except for the minumug)

I think this one might be better to explain.

EEn7wy8.pnglHGDQ6k.png

Light green= Mug. Black is the restriction area that you can't fill in with anything.

Light pink is the mid-blink frame, light purple is the closed eye frame.

light red is default mouth (just port the mouth from the mug to here.)

Dark red is the smile mouth, blue is the mid opening smile, and green is fully open smiling talk.

purple is the default mouth (port the same frame as light red)

swamp green is the mid-open talk, and orange-brown is the fully open talk.

I put my own box up there so you can compare.

Edited by Fateborn

Why not use the official template from the doc?

Demo.PNG

On that note, why make this thread when you can just read the doc? If you have the program then surely you have its documentation?