Doubting Despoil's activation rate.

I'm starting to have my doubts that despoil REALLY activates luck% of the time. I've gotten Donnel's luck up to around 50 with pair ups and rallies (He's getting close to being able to do it on his own) and gave him Leif's Blade which imbues the wielder with despoil, and it's not proccing anywhere near close to half of the time. I'm making sure he finishes off the foe with it and everything too, but really it's looking more like somewhere between (luck/3)% and (luck/4)% activation.

Granted, I think that if I'm correct, this is a more reasonable activation rate given the other skills it can be combined with, but I'm guessing I'm missing something, since I'm sure that after a whole year with an insanely popular game, I can't be the first person to notice this. Is it that it can only activate on the user's turn or something?

Is it that it can only activate on the user's turn or something?

Yeah, it's this sadly.

It's only really good if you have a Despoil army or loads of Despoil + Galeforce units.

Also sucks how Lifetaker is user's turn only as well, but it'd be broken otherwise X D

Yeah, it's this sadly.

It's only really good if you have a Despoil army or loads of Despoil + Galeforce units.

Also sucks how Lifetaker is user's turn only as well, but it'd be broken otherwise X D

It's also good on Golden Gaffe/EXPonential Growth if you're not startmashing with auto on because all the battles are player phase and if you're there it means you're grinding which means the extra gold is appreciated.

Don't use it if you are using auto because the Despoil animation interrupts skipping phases.

I thought it only does that if you have to throw something into the convoy.

I believe it does, but with high luck stats, proccing despoil 5 times, espicially with Galeforks, isn't unheard of.

It does, but if your stats are high enough to do those maps (especially GG) on auto, your Lck is going to be high enough to generate a good deal of Bullion. I suppose if you clear out your inventories after each run and use 4+ units it's not a big problem...

I'm just interesting in what is the cap of stored item lol xD

Like Airship says, very likely it's 65535 or perhaps 32767, as those quantities are easily stored in 2 bytes (16 bits means storing up to 216-1 = 65535) or 15 bits with 1 bit for error checking/whatever (215-1 = 32767). Even 32,767 would mean over 650 Bronze weapons stored before running into the uses cap, and for things with fewer uses, significantly more.

Edited by Tables