Mario Kart 8

kingddd

Gonna main Link totally. Doesn't matter his stats, although I suspect he'll be in Mario's medium weight Tier. Btw, how will this work with online and such? With people that don't intend to get the DLC pack? Or will it be restricted to in-game play?

edit: also yes Carter. ZELDA KART 8 edit: LINKART 8

Edited by Quintessence

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna main Link totally. Doesn't matter his stats, although I suspect he'll be in Mario's medium weight Tier. Btw, how will this work with online and such? With people that don't intend to get the DLC pack? Or will it be restricted to in-game play?

edit: also yes Carter. ZELDA KART 8 edit: LINKART 8

For characters, I suspect that the patches will include all the character models and every assets. However you can't unlock or use the characters unless you purchase the DLC. Basically this allows players to be able to see other players using these characters even if they don't have the DLC itself. They do this a lot for many fighting/racing online games.

Courses for online however is gonna be a big issue here. Will they be seperate lobbies or will the courses actually be integrated within but you can't play it offline? Sonic All Star Racing Transformed made it so that if you have a friend who has the Tracks DLC and you don't but he hosts than you can play the DLC tracks with him however you can't play it offline. This means that the tracks are already downloaded installed in the patches but you can't unlock them until you purchase the DLC.

We won't know until more info is released.

Edited by kingddd

...This is just wtf. But in the funny way, not the bad way. Except for Link. He doesn't even fit in this because he's a medieval dude. Even if Zelda DOES have a bit of modern mixed in sometimes (like fireworks, the pictograph box which is basically a camera, etc.).

Oh, I also can't say I like Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach. They already have clones, why can't Luigi have one for once? Mr. L maybe? Fire Luigi? Something! >_>

As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.

Say no more. I will charm someone into buying this for me.

Edited by BuddyBoy

Kirby plz

and Bowser Jr.

and with a Warp Star car.

I'm thinking we'll be getting 4 new courses and 4 returning courses. I'm curious to see what they'll be doing with some of the returning courses.

I hope one of those returning courses is Daisy Circuit then. I really liked the Luigi x Daisy statues. They made me lean towards shipping them, though I don't mind who Luigi is with as long as it isn't Peach. :P

No one but me is ticked that Mario, Peach, and Bowser all have clones, the first two having MULTIPLE ones now, while Luigi is still without a single one? It's like the Year of Luigi never happened! Nintendo has gone RIGHT back to leaving Mario's bro entirely in the dust.

Edited by Anacybele

No one but me is ticked that Mario, Peach, and Bowser all have clones, the first two having MULTIPLE ones now, while Luigi is still without a single one? It's like the Year of Luigi never happened! Nintendo has gone RIGHT back to leaving Mario's bro entirely in the dust.

I guess the year of Luigi is over and he's back to being a supporting character.

Red Fox: And I'm the only one that has a problem with this? I'm not saying Luigi has to be central in everything. I thought the point of the Year of Luigi was to finally start giving Luigi the attention he deserved. By giving a whole year to just him, and then paying a bit more attention to him from then on. But it seems that the Year of Luigi was just to make Luigi fans THINK Nintendo gave a damn about him and to shut us up.

But I'm NOT shutting up. I don't see why Luigi can't have a clone if Mario, Peach, and Bowser can. Especially the latter two since Luigi actually predates them and has had more playable appearances than any of them sans Mario himself.

I'm suspecting the Cat Mario and Peach was to promote this show that's been going on for a while in Japan and Europe.

North America never got this show. It's been going on for a while. Their latest episode was Aug 19, 2014

Edited by kingddd

...This is just wtf. But in the funny way, not the bad way. Except for Link. He doesn't even fit in this because he's a medieval dude. Even if Zelda DOES have a bit of modern mixed in sometimes (like fireworks, the pictograph box which is basically a camera, etc.).

Oh, I also can't say I like Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach. They already have clones, why can't Luigi have one for once? Mr. L maybe? Fire Luigi? Something! >_>

That's why I think it's a bad idea for Link to drive a car.

Plus,did you see Luigi in the screen shots for the costumes?He's jelly.

Red Fox: And I'm the only one that has a problem with this? I'm not saying Luigi has to be central in everything. I thought the point of the Year of Luigi was to finally start giving Luigi the attention he deserved. By giving a whole year to just him, and then paying a bit more attention to him from then on. But it seems that the Year of Luigi was just to make Luigi fans THINK Nintendo gave a damn about him and to shut us up.

But I'm NOT shutting up. I don't see why Luigi can't have a clone if Mario, Peach, and Bowser can. Especially the latter two since Luigi actually predates them and has had more playable appearances than any of them sans Mario himself.

My goodness, the raeg has begun. Luigi is Mario's shadow; Mario and Peach are clearly first priority options, and if both of them get special treatment, then Bowser should too. Luigi doesn't apply here because he's like second priority (do not read as unimportant pls).

Also, Peach is superior than Luigi, Luigi got a year to celebrate him and his stuff, but Peach has August as her special month, which means every single year of our lives we'll celebrate August as Peach's month and forget Luigi's year :Kappa:

EDIT: Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/08/august_is_officially_princess_peach_month_according_to_nintendo_of_america

#PeachMonth

Edited by Quintessence

My goodness, the raeg has begun. Luigi is Mario's shadow; Mario and Peach are clearly first priority options, and if both of them get special treatment, then Bowser should too. Luigi doesn't apply here because he's like second priority (do not read as unimportant pls).

Also, Peach is superior than Luigi, Luigi got a year to celebrate him and his stuff, but Peach has August as her special month, which means every single year of our lives we'll celebrate August as Peach's month and forget Luigi's year :Kappa:

EDIT: Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/08/august_is_officially_princess_peach_month_according_to_nintendo_of_america

#PeachMonth

Not only that, Link looks so ridiculous in a cart that I love it.

I still wonder though, we haven't seen Isabelle in her biker outfit have we?

Not only that, Link looks so ridiculous in a cart that I love it.

I still wonder though, we haven't seen Isabelle in her biker outfit have we?

I don't know why people are complaining so much, I find it fun to have characters from other series and more new stuff, courses and colors for Yoshi (Dijon you need the yellow Yoshi totally) and Shy Guy. Adding Kirby, Pokemon and more people would be more fun. MK8 to smash levels plz.

I don't know why people are complaining so much, I find it fun to have characters from other series and more new stuff, courses and colors for Yoshi (Dijon you need the yellow Yoshi totally) and Shy Guy. Adding Kirby, Pokemon and more people would be more fun. MK8 to smash levels plz.

Smash Kart

Wah mah favorite character isn't playable the game.

It would be such an awesome trainwreck to watch

Sweet Jesus, Link! Although those 16 courses might be a little bit cooler.

They better bring back MK7 Rainbow Road or Koopa Cape or I'll flip!

Edited by Gaia

OHHH MYY GODDDDD LINK???! YES!!!

#PeachMonth

LMAO