Mario Kart 8

kingddd

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Peach is superior than Luigi, Luigi got a year to celebrate him and his stuff, but Peach has August as her special month, which means every single year of our lives we'll celebrate August as Peach's month and forget Luigi's year :Kappa:

Peach being "superior" is opinion. Which I definitely disagree with since I hate Peach and love Luigi.

Luigi USED to be his brother's shadow, but if he's supposed to stay that way, why was there a Year of Luigi? To give him love and have him step out of it. To make him go right back is stupid and makes the Year of Luigi seem ENTIRELY pointless.

Also, I'd say Luigi's more like Mario's partner than his shadow. I don't care what anyone says though, I still think that it's unfair for Luigi to not get a clone if Mario, Peach, and Bowser got them.

OMG AUGUST IS NATIONAL PEACH MONTH?

Time to celebrate! Click at own risk! VVVVV

[spoiler=peach pic spam]Peach%20WIDE.jpg

I think we can be friends.

why was there a Year of Luigi?

To sell hella merch.

Also Link looks amazing.

Edited by Alertcircuit

Peach being "superior" is opinion. Which I definitely disagree with since I hate Peach and love Luigi.

Luigi USED to be his brother's shadow, but if he's supposed to stay that way, why was there a Year of Luigi? To give him love and have him step out of it. To make him go right back is stupid and makes the Year of Luigi seem ENTIRELY pointless.

Also, I'd say Luigi's more like Mario's partner than his shadow. I don't care what anyone says though, I still think that it's unfair for Luigi to not get a clone if Mario, Peach, and Bowser got them.

I've decided to try to give a calm response, but I don't do this often since it can still lead to further arguments xD...

I don't think Quint means that Luigi is inferior to Peach, but rather that she's more iconic. (I think, not too sure, but Peach and Luigi sure do have a lot of recognition).

Well, at least I feel she is. Peach is literally (at least to me) the damsel in distress. She's got class, and a huge fanbase (I think). But don't get me wrong. While I like Luigi and agree with you that he needs a new costume, I just don't feel he matches up to Peach (in terms of importance / priority as Quint said).

Edited by Carter

To sell hella merch.

Except Nintendo didn't get very good sales last year overall.

I've decided to try to give a calm response, but I don't do this often since it can still lead to further arguments xD...

I don't think Quint means that Luigi is inferior to Peach, but rather that she's more iconic. (I think, not too sure, but Peach and Luigi sure do have a lot of recognition).

Well, at least I feel she is. Peach is literally (at least to me) the damsel in distress. She's got class, and a huge fanbase (I think). But don't get me wrong. While I like Luigi and agree with you that he needs a new costume, I just don't feel he matches up to Peach (in terms of importance / priority as Quint said).

Ignoring your HIGHLY unnecessary little spoiler, Peach is not more iconic than Luigi. Luigi is one of the biggest parts of Nintendo's history. I think he was literally the fourth character they ever created, with DK, Pauline, and Mario (then known as Jumpman) first. He was just a palette swap of Mario then, but he still existed. And he's more popular than Peach, I can tell you that. Luigi is one of the most popular video game characters in the world. I find his merchandise fairly difficult to find, he wins every poll I've seen for favorite Mario character or Mario brother, he has a massive fanbase and I see countless people complain that he doesn't get enough love, which I agree with. Also, who appeared in Smash first? Oh yeah, Mario and Luigi. Peach wasn't even planned for the first game, yet Bowser was.

I may have a bit of bias, but you probably do as well, for Peach. This has nothing to do with "not getting what I want" or any BS like that. In fact, I would have wanted there to be NO clones in this game. But since there just HAS to be, I see no reason why Luigi isn't getting one while Mario and Peach get two and Bowser also gets one.

Edited by Anacybele

Mario's essential characters are Mario (main char), Peach (Mario's reason/cause) and Bowser (main villain). Things like popularity, fanbase, etc. are irrelevant when the main core of the series is based on Mario, Peach and Bowser. Heck, wait for more things to come.

Except Luigi usually appears with them and playable alongside Mario. He's Mario's partner. He's just as important, if not more important. Otherwise, why would he be getting his own games? Peach got her own game, but Luigi has gotten three so far, including Mario is Missing. Nintendo SEEMS to hold him in higher regard, but they sure as hell don't act like it.

In fact, the only game I can think of that had Mario, Peach, and Bowser, but not Luigi is SMRPG, which wasn't even made by Nintendo, only published by them. And even then, Luigi DID show up in the ending, as the parade leader.

Edited by Anacybele

*edited out*

You know, people have said that in a more calm manner all throughout the thread.

You might want to edit that a little. That's definitely flaming.

And passive aggressive even with the strikethrough.

Even if I agree with most of it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

In fact, the only game I can think of that had Mario, Peach, and Bowser, but not Luigi is SMRPG, which wasn't even made by Nintendo, only published by them. And even then, Luigi DID show up in the ending, as the parade leader.

*cough*Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine.*cough*

Edited by NinjaMonkey

And just how do I "complain about every single little detail"? That's an extreme exaggeration. Also, you make it sound like I'm the only one that complains about anything around here.

EDIT: Oh yeah, SM64 I forgot about. But where did Bowser ever appear in Sunshine? Granted I didn't play much of it because I didn't like it, but... Also, I've seen a lot of people complain about Luigi not being in those games.

Edited by Anacybele

Yes yes why don't all gang up on the 14-year old. Great job, you're all experts on making kids feel like crap. Must feel SO accomplished. <-- joke

You know, people have said that in a more calm manner all throughout the thread.
You might want to edit that a little. That's definitely flaming.
And passive aggressive even with the strikethrough.

Even if I agree with most of it.

Yes, I'll just take it out as a whole.

Except Luigi usually appears with them and playable alongside Mario. He's Mario's partner. He's just as important, if not more important. Otherwise, why would he be getting his own games? Peach got her own game, but Luigi has gotten three so far, including Mario is Missing. Nintendo SEEMS to hold him in higher regard, but they sure as hell don't act like it.

LeSighs, again overrating your faves. We are not disregarding Luigi's importance. It is as simple as defining the essence of the series. End of story.

You know, people have said that in a more calm manner all throughout the thread.You might want to edit that a little. That's definitely flaming.And passive aggressive even with the strikethrough.Even if I agree with most of it.

"Please Understand"

Am I weird that I hate all the Mario/Peach clones, yet I think the Bowser clone is pretty much the best thing ever?

Why? Love and hate are in the subjective realm.

http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/dlc/

Prices are up for each pack for North America

$7.99 for the Zelda Pack

$7.99 for the Animal Crossing Pack

Both packs bundled is $11.99

- Buying both pack should give you the Shy Guy and Yoshi colors immediatey.

Preorder is available tomorrow.

Edited by kingddd

And just how do I "complain about every single little detail"? That's an extreme exaggeration. Also, you make it sound like I'm the only one that complains about anything around here.

It's not that you complain about every little detail. It's that you don't see the forest for the trees. Here we have an amazing bit of news regarding extra content on one of the best games of the year, but instead of looking at the big picture, you choose to complain about a detail pretty much no one else is complaining about. It REALLY kills the mood in an otherwise positive thread, and that, well... kinda sucks.

I mean, we're getting 16 tracks, 6 characters, 8 vehicles, and various alternate colors for two characters... all for 12 bucks. Wouldn't it be nice to just focus on the good stuff for once?

Hey, I did say I never played much of it.

Then don't use it as an argument.

I hate to complain again, but I think those prices could be better. We didn't even pay half that for Awakening DLC.

Are you serious? This is some of the best valued DLC EVER. I wish all of FE13's DLC would have costed 12 bucks.

Edited by Jave

$7.99 for the Zelda Pack

Wow. This went beyond my expectations; I was expecting a price of $12-$15 each, and maybe $20 for the bundle. Nintendo deserves some fucking props. I kinda feel like this right now.

[spoiler=WE HAVE HEAVEN]

I hate to complain again, but I think those prices could be better. We didn't even pay half that for Awakening DLC.

Uh, did any of the Awakening DLC have as much content as this? You're pretty much getting 50% of the game (16 tracks) for $12, not to mention the new characters and vehicles. $12 in Awakening would give you 4 maps that you would clear in 10 minutes each. Even if you're constantly replaying them, this is still a better value overall.

Edited by Gaia

Wow. This went beyond my expectations; I was expecting a price of $12-$15 each, and maybe $20 for the bundle. Nintendo deserves some fucking props.

Uh, did any of the Awakening DLC have as much content as this? You're pretty much getting 50% of the game (16 tracks) for $12, not to mention the new characters and vehicles. $12 in Awakening would give you 4 maps that you would clear in 10 minutes each. Even if you're constantly replaying them, this is still a better value overall.

It's pretty crazy. I mean we're literally paying 12 bucks for a completely new Mario Kart with 4 Grand Prix tracks equivalent to Double Dash. It's crazy. Awakening and NSMB2's DLC is nothing compared to this.

FE13 DLC cost me almost forty dollars iirc

That's for every map combined. If Nintendo releases more DLC packs for MK8 at the prices they're at now, it'll eventually add up to even more. If not though, then I do agree that this isn't a bad deal.

Also, no one's mentioned the Blue Falcon being available in the DLC. Isn't that Captain Falcon's ride? I would've thought people would be all "new F-Zero confirmed at last?!" lol

Edited by Anacybele

$7.99 for the Zelda Pack

Does pre-order imply that you can buy both and get the Shy Guys/Yoshis tomorrow?