Mario Kart 8

kingddd

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's for every map combined. If Nintendo releases more DLC packs for MK8 at the prices they're at now, it'll eventually add up to even more. If not though, then I do agree that this isn't a bad deal.

We're not talking about quantity. We're talking about VALUE.

For 16 tracks, $12 is an absolute STEAL.

I'm just so happy about Link!

I mean I wish Zelda were there too (since they have 2 Animal Crossers), but at least I can have Link in! Oh wow, this is just mind-blowing! I'm so excited!

We're not talking about quantity. We're talking about VALUE.

For 16 tracks, $12 is an absolute STEAL.

Also can't wait to find out what those 16 tracks will be!

Maybe it's just because I'm used to Paradox Interactive's DLC practices (Like their tendency to add lots of cool features for the AI to use in free patches... and then charge you $10-$20 to use these cool new features yourself. Or the fact that I had to pay $5 just to get Crusader Kings II's character creator), but this Mario Kart DLC looks INSANELY cheap for what you get. I'm definitely picking up a copy of this game when I get my Wii U (which will probably be around the release of SSB4's Wii U Version).

DLC is up.

- Silver Arrow has the same stats as the Pipe Frame

- GLA is a Badwagon Clone

- 300 is a Standard Clone

- GLA Tires are Standard Clones

- All six DLC characters occupy slots on the new bottom row of the screen. Selecting them will take you to the shop where you can buy them, if you haven't already.

- Yoshi and Shy Guy colors are selected like Miis.

- New cups have been added to the screen to the far right

- VR limit has been raised

- Press - on the Gamepad to turn the TV map on

- Press - on the main menu to see your stats.

Edited by Doofina

Who else would be the final boss in a Mario game? :facepalm:

You don't have to act like I'm an idiot, geez. Bowser didn't appear in what I played of the game, so I wasn't sure if he was in it or not.

Just updated and I gotta say the minimap is one of the best things to be added. It functions very similar to the Mario Kart Wii and 7 minimap bottom screen however it doesn't only tell you the location of the racers. It also tells you if they are using a Bullet Bill, Blue Shell and Star. Making it easier to react and decide on what to do.

There's no mini-map, unfortunately. It never showed up on my screen when I downloaded all the DLC (including the Mercedes stuff). This is bullshit, Nintendo. You said there would be a mini-map with the Mercedes update and I don't see one.

But on the other hand, the dark blue Yoshi DOES have purple shoes! :D Well, not quite the same purple as my dark blue Yoshi named Moshi, but it's close enough. Moshi's shoes are closer to the light blue Yoshi's though, truth be told. But no matter, I'm still gonna call the dark blue one Moshi. XD

I'm going to use "Moshi" every once in awhile in the tourney now, btw. :)

Edited by Anacybele

There's no mini-map, unfortunately. It never showed up on my screen when I downloaded all the DLC (including the Mercedes stuff). This is bullshit, Nintendo. You said there would be a mini-map with the Mercedes update and I don't see one.

- Press - on the Gamepad to turn the TV map on

I really like how they're adding new tracks as DLC and how they're not using too many retro tracks for DLC as of now (and for that price, it's a steal). I'm also liking how the Blue Falcon is making a return and how there's 7 other vehicles coming up as DLC.

I'm not very fond of their choice of DLC characters, though, especially Link (and for those saying it's awesome because he's so out of place, I doubt you'd be saying that about Mario being a DLC character in Hyrule Warriors). I do find the Villager and Isabelle somewhat okay, though, since at least those two live in universes that are at least somewhat similar to the Mario universe in terms of the technology and it being the modern era.

DLC is up.

- Silver Arrow has the same stats as the Pipe Frame

- GLA is a Badwagon Clone

- 300 is a Standard Clone

- VR limit has been raised

Please tell me the VR limit being raised is a sick joke on your part (I know you're not the kind of person to lie about gaming news, but I really want this to be false). I just maxed it out at 9999 three weeks ago. I mean, do you have any proof of this one like Miiverse screenshots?

And you beat me to the stats of the Mercedes karts already. Bummer. I even did a vehicle comparison late last night and was planning to post it here the next day.

Let the record show I'd be totally okay with Mario as DLC in Hyrule Warriors.

Yeah; it's already a crossover anyways, so adding another one in wouldn't hurt IMO.

Please tell me the VR limit being raised is a sick joke on your part (I know you're not the kind of person to lie about gaming news, but I really want this to be false). I just maxed it out at 9999 three weeks ago. I mean, do you have any proof of this one like Miiverse screenshots?

I updated and it's true. While I was checking and changing some settings on the Tournament group, the max VR settings allowed to play was 99,999 ratings as an option.

Chances are they did it because they found out a lot of people were maxing out and they bumped it up.

Looking at my records, I have 8900 coins collected. Dang guess I'm somewhat close to a gold glider.

Edited by kingddd