Do you think FE 14 will be a sequel to awakening?

ClassyWolf

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The spotpass choices in Awakening were odd. FE9 had Geoffrey, Lucia, and Zihark, but no Oscar, Rolf,Volke, or Boyd. FE10 only gave us half of the Dawn Brigand and Sigrun for some odd reason. Also the spoilers of who the Black Knight was thanks to how all the spotpass characters are basically avatars.

Oh I wished it was. if IS knew they couldn't use the BK without reveal the identity right away, they should have used Zelgius instead. He was very important to the plot.

I don't even know what they were thinking, calling a unit 'Black Knight' when said unit can't even use swords or isn't even clad in black armour.

There's also Legion, who lacks a mask, the most distinguishing feature of his. They could given him the Risen mask, which would have been cool, but nope.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Because a bimbo with a sword is somehow more popular.

I...don't understand. >_<

I liked Tellius's choices, especially since IS went with the awesome Zihark over the inferior Mia. :D

In all fairness, Archanea, Elibe, Jundral, Tellius and Ylisse have resolved plotlines. Pretty much anything that follows would have to be something out of the blue. I suppose a Magvel sequel might work, but it's been a long time since FE8 and it's not really contemporary any more. My best guess would be either something new with Awakening's engine or a remake of one of the middle titles.

Gameplay-wise, Awakening is already pretty much a spiritual successor to Sacred Stones, and SS didn't have much else going for it, so I think they can put Magvel to rest.

I could definitely see a sequel or prequel to Awakening coming next. The game may have saved the series, but I doubt they're ready to jump into oblivion just yet. Something related to Ylisse will probably give them more guaranteed sales.

Gameplay-wise, Awakening is already pretty much a spiritual successor to Sacred Stones, and SS didn't have much else going for it, so I think they can put Magvel to rest.I could definitely see a sequel or prequel to Awakening coming next. The game may have saved the series, but I doubt they're ready to jump into oblivion just yet. Something related to Ylisse will probably give them more guaranteed sales.

What more could they add to Awakening other than "everything was peaceful until the fire nation attacked"? Backstory of Chrom's father's crusade?

It will be hilarious if they pull an FE5 and have FE14 take place DURING FE13.

I wouldn't mind a Tellius sequel, but probably a "next generation" thing with the children of the FE10 cast rather than a straight sequel. Nico and Amy are the main lords.

What more could they add to Awakening other than "everything was peaceful until the fire nation attacked"? Backstory of Chrom's father's crusade?

It's not like Awakening was so enclosed that there's absolutely nothing else they can do with it. If they think it will be beneficial for them financially, they'll come up with something. That's all there is to it.

I wouldn't mind a Tellius sequel, but probably a "next generation" thing with the children of the FE10 cast rather than a straight sequel. Nico and Amy are the main lords.

I'm hyped.

I could definitely see a sequel or prequel to Awakening coming next. The game may have saved the series, but I doubt they're ready to jump into oblivion just yet. Something related to Ylisse will probably give them more guaranteed sales.

I was recently thinking that it might be interesting if there was a game that focused itself on the original timeline, where you would start the game right before Chrom died and MU became Grima. It'd then be a story where you know you're fighting a battle is doomed to failure no matter what you do. New characters could be introduced as the one from the FE13 fall one after the other. There's some detail I haven't figured out, but I liked the concept.

1. Valm has a lot of unused potential, so I guess they could do something around the events that happened there(the cast would be entirely different except for Vrion, Say'ri and Cherche however)

2. I would really like a Tellius sequel with children of the FE10 cast.

Nico and Amy as lords sounds fun, but ugh, I'd hate for all of my preferred pairings to be permanently decanonized... And for my fic to be impossible. I know it's silly to not want this kind of Tellius sequel because of that, but it's just how I feel. >_<

Chrom's crazy father is the only thing plot based Awakening thing I'd like to see explored further.

This.

I'd like Magvel to be explored more, though. Not a sequel, but maybe something about the major earthquake that Knoll predicted to happen to Grado, which would spark something?

The spotpass choices in Awakening were odd. FE9 had Geoffrey, Lucia, and Zihark, but no Oscar, Rolf,Volke, or Boyd. FE10 only gave us half of the Dawn Brigand and Sigrun for some odd reason. Also the spoilers of who the Black Knight was thanks to how all the spotpass characters are basically avatars.

The original Dawn Brigade are Micaiah, Sothe, Edward, Nolan and Leonardo. The rest are a bunch of hangers-on.

I liked Tellius's choices, especially since IS went with the awesome Zihark over the inferior Mia. :D

Except they didn't, as Mia is in the RD set...

Nintendo would be smart to make it based around FE13 since that makes money, but I'll be sure to support whichever they decide.

And on the topic of having it relate to older games, I think NoA should make the older games easily available here first. You shouldn't have to rom to play half a franchise's games, If they wanted to make it relate to FE8, they better put FE8 on the virtual console already.

Edited by Alertcircuit

What about Robin's mom?

The same destiny as Zuko's mom.

...Oh. I wonder why I never noticed. ._.

You are in serious need of exploring the game a little more before making blatant statements.

Edited by shadowofchaos

That's a good point. I don't think anyone looking forward to the fifth FE game would've anticipated that IS would spin "Leif gets his ass kicked and Seliph bails him out" into a full-length game.

That said personally I'd prefer things to go in a new direction. Fire Emblem on Mars, yeah!